• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Zozma

September 07, 2008, 07:46:47 pm #400 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
ultimately if i actually do make terra, i will base her off the sprite not the artwork.

im thinking of making Locke out of the Hatless theif sprite too.

also i think Alma would be a better base for Shopkeepers daughter

i do plan to make her at least 2 pixels taller than alma (making the dress go all the way to the ground. this will also add another brunette to the world of FFT
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Devon_v

September 07, 2008, 08:41:58 pm #401 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Devon_v
Quote from: "Zozma"well does this sorta look like Terra Bradford?

It needs the purple belt/sash and shoulders to break up the monotonous red, but yes, it does. :)

Terra's one of my favorite characters, so I'd love to see that finished some day.

Quote from: "Vanya"Now what I'm working on is my new scholar sprite. This is the male:
Parts: Mediator M, Larg, Mustadio, & Beowulf.

I really like that.

Zozma

September 07, 2008, 08:47:08 pm #402 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"that would be wicked awesome, I can just imagine her with some sort of Uber-chemist special job, all throwing grenades and poison bombs and whatnot.

It's funny that you say that. My plan for her is to replace that chemist in the second to last map in Murond where you fight balk. shell have access to all items and throw items.

adding her in anywhere before murond would'nt make sense unless i removed her picture from the chapter 4 .tim file which always puts her standing in the shop with her father.

tho i also am hoping to create a few extra throw items.. IF i can find a way to make a ball display the "Crush" effect for a grenade or any other spell for that matter. then shell be more unique.

Skip Sandwich

September 07, 2008, 10:01:23 pm #403 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
good luck with that, all i've manged to get custom throw items to display are the thunder soul and shell effects, and i'm not even sure how that happened (all I wanted was for it to throw like normal). for the thunder soul effect, it would throw the item like normal, then it would do the thunder soul animation. then, I changed some things around, and it stopped using the throw animation all togethter, instead it cast the shell effect first on the thrower, then on the target.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Zozma

September 08, 2008, 12:41:34 am #404 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
oh thats quite interesting...

Edit: *gives in*... okay reis might have the most compatible sprite.. i think the female summoner's dress is ideal, however it would be even more of a pain to remove than the knights cape from miluda

Cheetah

September 08, 2008, 03:16:44 am #405 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Vanya: I like the hair. Obviously those are just default mediator colors for the cloths (right?), but I would like to see what colors you are also thinking of for the class. I'm not sure the spectacles are working right now, maybe they never will, but can you try some different attempts at normal resolution to see if they are ways to get it working better.
Current Projects:

Zozma

September 08, 2008, 06:58:33 am #406 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
k, so way not finished but just showing what i started

need to make the sleeves and torso the right colors and add the goldish color to the bottom of the dress

Vanya

September 08, 2008, 10:54:39 am #407 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
@Zozma: Neat! I like how it's coming out. =)

@Cheetah: For the base colors, I'm going to use either FF3's red/white  or FF3ds green/brown. Also, one of the enemy palette's will definitely be the blue/blonde palette used in FF4's npc scholars.

I'll see about posting my latest work in lower resolution. My first attempt at specs is almost totally unnoticeable at low res.

Here's a new preview with all the directions done. So far I've got all the forward facing walking frames done.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

September 08, 2008, 02:36:43 pm #408 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
a pity about the specs, because glasses are sexy awesome. regarding the hair, I like the way he looks, but it does make him look rather old for a generic unit. the proposed green/brown pallet though, if only for including green, invokes mental images of Dr. Citan Uzuki, and that association makes it awesome.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Cheetah

September 08, 2008, 02:38:12 pm #409 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I'm digging the hair though Vanya. I remember a while back someone posted a pic of a palette change on the mediator where they made it green/gold and it was totally wicked.

Zozma: I have to say that I'm liking the project, but I feel like you are going to fun into some problems. First off it is my opinion that Alma and Ries are some of the ugliest sprites in the game. So making such a cute sprite out of them is going to be tough. I'm looking forward to your progress though and your solution to how to do the arms.
Current Projects:

Zozma

September 08, 2008, 03:32:02 pm #410 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
really? alma and reis ugly? first time ive heard that, does teta go in that same catagory too? I personally think rafa has the ugliest female sprite
of the specials.

anyway, first of all lengthening the dress already made her seem taller

next using deis's bust and coloring it brown like the picture.
the arms i might have to use alma's but changing their color down to the wrists wouldnt be hard.

as i said tho, the ideal dress for this project is the  female summoners dress, without the cape. and the only way i would start that is if someone made the backside for me cause i am not feeling like doing that lol

Cheetah

September 08, 2008, 03:59:55 pm #411 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Zozma: Why not Ries's arms? I think my opinions might be skewed by Alma's bad front view, and I loath Ries's potrait. I'm quite fond of Rafa haha.
Current Projects:

Zozma

September 08, 2008, 04:33:12 pm #412 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah, reis arms are the first thing that comes to mind and more than likely ill be using them :P i think the combination will work well.

whats wrong with the front view of alma? i never really noticed any problems

Vanya

September 08, 2008, 04:45:20 pm #413 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I'm thinking that the next thing I should do to him is make the scarf and cuffs match the pants so I can do the hair independently. For the default palette I was thinking of using the NEW colors of red and white, but have the hair be more of a bleach or platinum blonde.

I think your plan for will work great, Zozma. I'll reserve judgement for when she's come further along.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

September 08, 2008, 05:17:44 pm #414 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i like what you did with his costume and how you removed that cut in the back of his outfit at the bottom, that opens a doorway for other sprites as well.

(your sprites always create more options for new sprites, while looking good at the same time)

Cheetah

September 08, 2008, 05:31:30 pm #415 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
For the front view of Alma her arms/shoulders look huge and all scrunched up.
Current Projects:

Zozma

September 09, 2008, 05:55:07 pm #416 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well her shoulders arent huge, its her dress, if they had more colors to work with her shoulders would have been closer to brown, but since they dont, they do the typical thing they do with almost all the characters in the game, which explains why most are blondes. The blondish brown hair doubles as things like boots and gloves etc...

Edit: Sigh... sorry guys, i really need a break from spriting for a while. im putting everything on hold so that i can start making my own patch.

u guys are welcome to work on anything ive left unfinished i might be a while. i do wan tto make a few more sprites for my patch like a generic dark knight (hopefully ill be able to get ahold of vanya's generic holy knight, but not such a massive undertaking. i will come back to the sprites but i really wan tto have some fun with the fft patcher and not just shishi alone.

Vanya

September 09, 2008, 07:20:41 pm #417 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
After I finish the Scholar I'll be turning my attention to my new Knight. I'll work on the Generic Paladin at the same time.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

September 10, 2008, 01:48:01 am #418 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
okay heres stuff thats not done but ill leave it out for anyone to play with..

Cheetah

September 12, 2008, 02:41:01 am #419 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Thanks for posting all these Zozma, I am already making use of them. Though I'm not sure I will get around to finishing any of them really.

I think it would be great if there was a sprite for a Blackbelt class. I love Monks, and Blackbelts are just the more badass version with more cloths. I'm not sure what skills to give them, but if they could equip some types of armor and do like dual hand attacks, and maybe equip a new claw weapon that would be a good start. Is it possible to have a character do two attacks with their fists?
Current Projects: