• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 09:26:46 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Recent posts

Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Hacking/Patching Tools / Re: FFT Patcher (.497)
Last post by pontifficator - September 18, 2024, 04:41:48 pm
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm curious if anyone has any info on the various forks of FFT Patcher on Github? One thing I noticed is at least one of them (gtlittlewing) is only one commit behind the main one and the notes mention an ASM persistence feature for the ISO's which sounds useful. It also has a few more ASM spreadsheets vs the main one (Glain).

I tried downloading the fork I mentioned to test it out, however I have no idea how you actually build it to try out the persistence feature. The latest package is a few years ago and the persistence is only a few months old.
FFT TLW ReMixed / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed v...
Last post by pontifficator - September 18, 2024, 03:41:15 pm
Quote from: Nyzer on September 17, 2024, 10:19:29 pmProbably. I'm not sure why you would even consider this, though. In ReMixed, Defend gives the benefits of Protect and Shell, offers immunity to many status effects, and retains the evasion boost of vanilla. If it persisted through Acting, it would essentially be a permanent massive defensive buff to the player.

Ha yeah you're right, that sounds a bit cheesy. Great mod BTW.

Thanks.
Last post by Nyzer - September 17, 2024, 10:19:29 pm
Probably. I'm not sure why you would even consider this, though. In ReMixed, Defend gives the benefits of Protect and Shell, offers immunity to many status effects, and retains the evasion boost of vanilla. If it persisted through Acting, it would essentially be a permanent massive defensive buff to the player.
Last post by pontifficator - September 17, 2024, 07:32:08 pm
Do you think applying the 'defend not removed on act' ASM hack would break ReMixed?
FFTA/FFTA2 Hacking / [FFTA] Extracting Palette Tran...
Last post by Larkas - September 16, 2024, 11:23:58 pm
I've been wanting to extract Square's algorithms for changing color palettes implemented in FFTA. The reasons for this are two-fold. First, I want to create two color LUTs using those algorithms, so hackers of the game could check out how their modified sprites would be affected by the game's "LCD B" and "TV" color modes. Second, I want to create shaders based on those algorithms, so other games could benefit from the good (IMHO) results attained by Square in this game with shaders in platforms like RetroArch. Leonarth has pointed out here that he was able to map where those transformations are located. I need, however, to understand how to extract and make sense of that data, but I don't even know where to start! Could anyone please help me? Thanks a lot in advance!
Completed Mods / Re: FINAL FANTASY TACTICS OMEG...
Last post by pontifficator - September 16, 2024, 04:41:27 pm
So is 'FFT OMEGA (Caos + Hotfix).ppf' the latest version?

Thanks..
Help! / Re: ASM Patches on top of exis...
Last post by pontifficator - September 16, 2024, 03:49:31 pm
I see good to know thanks, would you have any mod recommendation for the PSP version?
PSX FFT Hacking / Re: Archmage HACK
Last post by Orkney - September 16, 2024, 02:56:32 pm
Thanks. I'll take a look at this.
Last post by Nyzer - September 16, 2024, 11:12:59 am
Quote from: Zaxs85 on September 16, 2024, 06:31:09 amWhy does Scream remove reraise?

Well, it's definitely not supposed to. Someone did recently report a weird bug regarding losing transparent when screaming, and this is probably related to that.

If I had to guess, this is because when I removed the hard coding on stat alteration formulas, I had them read the information in the previously unused status infliction field. That shouldn't matter, because these abilities don't run the code for status infliction process. But it's quite possible that some other shenanigans are happening along the way.
Last post by Zaxs85 - September 16, 2024, 06:31:09 am
Why does Scream remove reraise?
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 10