• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 01:06:40 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

K-Suto's Map Edits

Started by Kuraudo Sutoraifu, October 28, 2011, 07:16:47 pm

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 28, 2011, 07:16:47 pm Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:51:11 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but since this is the artsy area, I'll just leave this here in the sprite section until some kindly moderator moves it to an appropriate area.  It's just a modification of Balbanes's burial ground.  Please, comment and critique.  Compare with http://ffhacktics.com/maps.php?id=46

GeneralStrife

So basically you got rid of the burial site/coffin?

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Eternal248 on October 28, 2011, 07:31:16 pm
Reminds me of Barius Hill.

A lot, i can almost see the archers at the top of that hill. :)
But it's looks like a good map. Good job karaudo
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Pride

+1, you should add in the file so others can enjoy it. We definitely could see some use of out some new maps. Even edits like this are great.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Quote from: Pride on October 28, 2011, 08:14:59 pm
you should add in the file so others can enjoy it.

I still need to edit the terrain which includes the geomancy properties, height properties, whether the tile is passable or not, etc.

GeneralStrife

I wish you could have a map with dead bodies on it. You know, as props.

Cheetah

I always wanted to do exactly this to this map, very nicely done Kuraudo.
Current Projects:

Celdia

This'd be a nice change of pace in Arena.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kagebunji

Damn, I must really get into map editing myself. I'm just soo lazy...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

QuoteYou should add in the file so others can enjoy it.

Download added to first post.  If people could test play it, that would be awesome, because I have no idea how to write it into the game aside from just replacing the map it was before.

QuoteI wish you could have a map with dead bodies on it. You know, as props.

I was thinking about that the other day.  Doing that in the map editing arena would ridiculously annoying, however, the dead people could always be perma-deaded much like Teta was as Keakden.  You'd need to alter the graphic for KO'd so you wouldn't have stars over everyone's heads. 

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 29, 2011, 06:49:50 pm #12 Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:01:42 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Here is a completed version of Inside Castle Gate of Lesalia.  Compare with http://ffhacktics.com/maps.php?id=97

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 30, 2011, 05:26:10 pm #13 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:27:06 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Here is a completed version of Outside Castle Gate of Lesalia.  Compare with http://ffhacktics.com/maps.php?id=98

Pride

Is the targetting still messed up on those maps even after the fix?

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

I'll double check targeting after I get back from work today, but I'm fairly certain Inside Gate should be good to go.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 31, 2011, 09:44:57 pm #16 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:04:11 am by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Pride, I checked all the selectable tiles, and things should be good.  Lemme know if anything is off.  Screenshot if at all possible, so I know exactly what you mean.

Anyway, here is a from scratch map I'm working on.  Needs a texture pack, I know, but I was just getting the general idea down first.

Cheetah

Amazing work Kuraudo, I'm especially liking the custom map. The map edits you did were much needed and appreciated. Did you look at the lighting much on those previously unfinished tiles?
Current Projects:

formerdeathcorps

Thank you for fixing those Lesalia maps.  This saves me the need for having to do it myself.  If you ever need me to make a map, just PM me.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pride

This is fantastic. I can't wait to see more map fixes and, even, custom maps. This has been something missing.