• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

edited unit.bin and wildface.bin won't load

Started by kunane, June 28, 2010, 06:37:54 pm

kunane

So I've been lurking these forums for a few days now, and searching google furiously, yet i can not resolve my problem by myself. >:[

All i want to do is change the sprites during a formation! T_T

I have followed Cid's tutorial to the T. This one >> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2425

Well so far my battle sprites work perfectly, and I was able to create bmps of my left facing units, get 16 color pals for each of them, and create the 32x48 portrait bmps.

I downloaded CDmage and FFTEVGRP and was able to edit both unit.bin and wildface.bin and import them "successfully."

Well my problem is when I try to open my edited img in my emulator, it doesn't start. The screen simply stays black.
Am i doing something wrong with the editing process or is this problem related to my emulator?
(My emulator can run an img without an edited unit.bin and wildface.bin just fine.)

Wolfran

Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

kunane

Yep! I actually just ripped it from my disc. ; ;

Wolfran

When I used the tutorial the edit worked fine to me, By the way Which emulator do you use ???

kunane

I tried to troubleshoot my problem by using psxfin. It seems the same error happens, just at a different state.
When I tried to run an edited img on epsxe i get a blank black screen & when i try to run an edited img on psxfin it gets stuck on the Playstation logo.

So I'm guessing that this means my error is unrelated to the emulator? > <
Any ideas? :0

kunane

I am determined to fix this problem!
I just found out that editing the unit.bin and wldface.bin has nothing to do with my error.

To get a better understanding of what the hell is wrong, I extracted the unit.bin, deleted it from the img then re-imported the unedited, clean unit.bin.

Basically I did nothing, yet the same error persists.
So, I can only logically deduce that my img becomes corrupt and unplayable when I change any files from the EVENT folder.

Any ideas?

I've ripped my img directly from my disc but I'll try to download an iso from the interwebs. :3

kunane

Problem solved. ^o^

few hours of playing around with my img files and i got it to work

Wolfran