• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:32:27 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Two "Newbie" questions.

Started by Lunaxy, June 18, 2010, 11:19:46 am

Lunaxy

First, I need help on applying formation sprites, when I open the sprite I want with paint, and save as 16 bit bmp, the sprite gets really weird, how can I fix that?

Second, I need help to set all Draw Out skills to PA Based, how do I do that?

Oh and by the way, If I want to turn mime on another job, (I.E Holy/Dark Knight) how will I make him stop mime others? I tried to look up if he had innate mimic or something lol, but I failed :|

philsov

1) No clue

2) Should be able to change their formula, but I don't think a PA * X formula exists.  You might need to import the Work formula, but then you have to deal with reciprical damage.

3) Mime's hardcoded.  Don't even try.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

jimmyjw88

1) Isn't it suppose to be 8 bit? Hmm...
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

R999

Read the FFT Hacking Mechanics Guide in the general section regarding Draw Out. Changing non DO formula causes 100% break (won't display broken though). Also there are 8 jobs you can't edit fully. Check the Generic Skillset limitations thread in the general section.

Mega_Tyrant

Don't use paint, I use Photoshop instead, others use Graphics Gale.
RAWR!

Zozma

for the first one, dont convert it to 16 colors with paint,

do that using gimp or graphics gale or something
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

VampragonLord

there are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count, and those who cant

mime is hard coded

Use fft patcher to edit the formula

paint is auto-assigning it 16 colors
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~