• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:10:51 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTacText editor problem

Started by Lunaxy, June 12, 2010, 01:14:16 pm

Lunaxy

I edited some job names and skill sets (All three ramza's, Algus and Delita's)
And when I click patch iso I get an error, saying that DTE error on OPEN.LZW has been found and the iso has not been modified, any help please?

Lunaxy

Bump, also adding, that the error always occurs when I try to edit an ISO that I already modified with FFTacText :v

Zaen

What I've always done to get around this is save the changes as a .fftext, then open that and apply it.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lunaxy

PhantasmKari

I'm having the same problem, i've tried doing what you suggested save closing it then trying, i've tried a clean ISO and one i've edited before. Only happens when i edit job and skillset descriptions though. =/

Zaen

It might have to do with the length of your descriptions. It's helpful to condense them by making the descriptions concise instead of flowery, in regards to style. Basically, less adjectives if possible, and no meaningless words like very.

PhantasmKari

Their all pretty short, muuuuuuch shorter than they were in fact. D=

Even tried patching it to a few different FFT:WotL ISO's =/ and it also worked fine when i only edited his Squire's Job name and Mettle's skillset name, but when i changed their description, it no longer works. =/ i've tried redoing just the names and again it worked no problem, then did it all from scratch again names and desc, and again doesn't work.

tried changing just the desc, still wont work =/

Zaen

Hmm.. If you're using the latest version, it should be mostly fine. I've always found it workable by just saving it as a ffttext or whatever it's called, and then opening it and applying, but who knows.