• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

murak

August 16, 2008, 08:01:37 am #340 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by murak
I think the second one looks good, the first one could have some trouble telling the hair apart from the head hat thing (to me anyway) and the second one looks more earthy with more of a balance between the orange and the green, but that's just my opinion.

Zozma

August 16, 2008, 09:01:47 am #341 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
mwahaha... yes she's party to the plot
well... no she's just in a bad mood cause Algus is sitting on his ass at the castle while she had to go with Ramza while its her time of the month...

http://i140.photobucket.com/player.swf? ... eta1-1.flv

eherm... anyway almost done with 10yo girl
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

August 16, 2008, 12:46:47 pm #342 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
damn seeing Teta cross her arms and look sideways like that gives me the chills

:D

LastingDawn

August 16, 2008, 02:49:44 pm #343 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Excellent work! Haha, this looks to be a highly amusing project.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

murak

August 16, 2008, 04:11:24 pm #344 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by murak
I am SOOOO looking forward to Dorter where teta will try to get a captured knight to talk! XD Teta to the max!

How long did it take to do that scene?

Zozma

August 16, 2008, 04:25:16 pm #345 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
the drawing was nothing to me maybe about 20 minutes
but lining everything up in the scene took a few hours...

(well i thought about making the scene at dorter, it would be pretty sweet wouldnt it?, but i made it so algus follows you untill you return from rat cellar, then when ramza gets scolded by dycedarg and then tells them about theives fort, im going to make him order algus to stay behind so that teta follows you there) (another reason behind this is that she's not going to be the one to shoot algus, shes going to be the one to give the order to do so. i don't want her to get killed off at Zeakdon like the Real algus did)

(there will be the scene where delita punches her for not sending troops to save algus tho lol)

or what do you think? should i make her follow you as soon as you meet her and keep algus at the castle? vote now! should the cute lil sis of delita follow from the beginning in place of algus? yay? nay?

(Also, im saving all my scenes, Hatless theif replaces Rad's common squire sprite in the intro) following Zodiac's tutorial anyone can do it.

edit: also 10yo girl has all her frames now, but there are a few messes to clean up here and there.

murak

August 16, 2008, 05:20:26 pm #346 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by murak
make her follow from the start!! but change her place so that she simply orders the attack at FZ so she isn't killed.

it would be weird, lol

delita: ALGUS!!! TETA YOU BASTARD!! you killed Algus!!

Ramza: calm down. it's JUST algus.

Delita: ...after teta, I'll get you.

weird XD

SentinalBlade

August 16, 2008, 05:29:06 pm #347 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Zozma, bit of a sprite problem with dies... her casting animation, and i believe her attack, makes her arm fly off her body... am i just using na older version? i downloaded the one off the sites download page recently

LastingDawn

August 16, 2008, 05:41:43 pm #348 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... are you sure it's the right type?

Art of War

Zozma

August 16, 2008, 05:49:26 pm #349 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
what sprite did you insert her into? she is a type 1, please keep that in mind

if you want a quick fix and need her to be a type 2 you could probably swap her archer arms out for dancer arms.

SentinalBlade

August 16, 2008, 07:09:05 pm #350 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
i replaced her over time mage, and gave her extra palletes... she is a generic unit, "Light Caster"

Katagi

August 16, 2008, 08:06:52 pm #351 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Katagi
I was actually confused on how to edit sprites until I saw your video with the explanation on the japanese programs...then after finishing firion for a few, i actually found out how to use the shishieditor XD.

I'm still a bit confused on the whole animation editor thing, do I really need to delete some of the sprites within the event.bin thing?

Zozma

August 17, 2008, 12:05:10 am #352 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
on the main page in the sprites section you can see what type it is

the female time mage im pretty sure is a type 2 (not compatible unless you swap the arms for type 2 arms like a dancers)

btw, i need to know the easiest way to change story text (obviously the girl in the purple dress isn't algus.... lol) can someone point me in the right direction?

Vanya

August 17, 2008, 12:31:59 am #353 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya

Adding white cuffs to make the pouches more visible. Also working on adding the green part to the hat. It'll be difficult to add the green to the portrait, but at least I managed to give her the right hair color. Is it just me or does the female chemist have one of the worst portraits in the game?
¯\(°_0)/¯

SentinalBlade

August 17, 2008, 12:34:46 am #354 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Sure

Mostly you will need a table file(provided by vanya in the hex editing thread in hacking/patching tools forums) and a hex editor, also provided in that thread

Useing the event decompiler, decompile the TEST.EVT file. thsi contains all dialog. The output file (labeled event.text) is simpleto read, do not worry about the list of instructions that are labeled. some, even to me are a list of garbeled hex. at the top right of each event, there is a line of text telling you where each section starts in the file. copy the "message" hex offset and paste it into the "go to" offset feature in the hex editor. insert the table menu at this point, and it will convert the list of symbols on the right to unicode text. then press tab(if your using windhex) and start typing like nuts...

THIS IS A GENERAL OVERVIEW... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE MAKE NOT OF WHERE IT USES THE BYTES FE E3 08 this is the setup for the start of a new box.... its best ot just wait till i get a tutorial out before monday night...rofl, its a bit of a hassle to get down, and my explination is of no help most likely :)

EDIT: the file you would be eidting is TEST.EVT ;P

Zozma

August 17, 2008, 01:12:16 am #355 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
crap what about eventface.bin, here it still has teta's portrait here because it doesn't read off of a sprite in the scene theres no character id for teta on this map and i had to use snespal to edit the color palette directly in eventchr...

SentinalBlade

August 17, 2008, 01:24:37 am #356 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
That is cured in my wldface.bin tutorial, i believe LD knows more about assigning them in event than i do, i will ask him in teh chat room in the morning. he already went to bed.

Zozma, i am uploading the text event editing tutorial for you as we speak :)

Edit: i do mean that i will ask him exactly what must be done. as far as im concerned you can overwrite them to your hearts content. Changing what portrait is called may be a problem. i recomend just switching argath(algus) with teta and vice versa

Zozma

August 17, 2008, 05:42:04 am #357 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
sigh, okay see the screenshot above? theres two pixel rows above the knight's head... i just can't seem to get rid of it... i always insert entire sections (the 8 row sets in groups of 5 according to the eventchr.bin)

but even if i do single rows i cant seem to get rid of it ... did i somehow get a few bits off or what? i don't get it

i had the same problem with rad in the intro but when i inserted it as a full set of 5 rows, instead of one single row it got rid of it.. but its not working here

Vanya

August 17, 2008, 10:32:49 am #358 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Any comments on this edit I'm working on? I know it's not very exciting, but I would like to know if it sucks or not.
¯\(°_0)/¯

LastingDawn

August 17, 2008, 03:20:56 pm #359 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Staying classic to FF5, it emulates it very well, though what do Galuf's or Bartz's Chemist outfits look like?

Art of War