• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Shared abilities

Started by Just Another Day, July 13, 2009, 07:26:12 pm

Just Another Day

July 13, 2009, 07:26:12 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Just Another Day
Hey y'all. Does anybody know if abilities can have shared access between skillsets?

Like, if I wanted to add Charge+1 in Basic Skill, but leave it in Charge as well, could I make it such that purchasing it as a Squire also gives you access to it as an Archer?

(or, say, if I wanted to give Basic Skill blue magic access to Bahamut, can purchasing the ability in Summoner unlock it in Basic Skill as well?)

LastingDawn

July 13, 2009, 07:31:24 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I think... oddly enough it does.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Just Another Day

July 13, 2009, 07:36:36 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Just Another Day
Well, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to; Algus doesn't unlock Battle Skill Head Break if he buys it as a Squire in vanilla FFT, does he?

But I'm hoping that it can be coded as such (I want my Squires to only have basic abilities for jobs they're a prereq to, giving a head-start on their specialties, and then to have blue magic access to cool abilities from further down the tree for later in the game).

Zozma

July 13, 2009, 08:53:44 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
that would be a very nice feature to have for characters whos primary includes skills from generic sets.

if i made a special red mage unit i wouldn't want him to have to re purchase black and white magics from priest and wizard jobs. thats just wasted time. and looks tacky
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!