• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 03:31:28 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Vanya

That is an awesome portrait! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

Haha, amazing, you managed to finish it soo fast. I feel the hair is somewhat weird, outlined a bit(I am talking about the front part of hair, not the one on his back). Perhaps Mav could give you more advice. I feel like it doesn't "connect" with the head. It is up to you though.

And damn great job with this, Twin. You managed to finish him like in what, 3 days? Truly amazing.

mav

That portrait does look pretty damn good.The hair needs a couple fixes: the longer strands of hair look a little strange, probably because the entire idea of pointy extrusions of hair are pretty much absent from FFT (you couldn't exactly buy hair gel in Gariland). As such, consider either shortening the strands of hair, making them messier, or anti-aliasing around the edges. As for what Kage suggested...the hair almost looks like it's coming from the side of his head, rather than from the top of it. Make it even clearer where those strands of hair come from.

Nonetheless, this is an astonishing piece of work. Well freaking done, sir.

Twinees

Like you said mav, you can't but gel in gariland :P. I will update soon with your's and Kage's suggestions.
  • Modding version: PSX

Twinees

Hopefully this sorts out the hair coming from the side of his head problem, plus no more gel lol.

I'm unlocking the voting, so vote away.

Cheetah

Wow. This is just soo good. What few comments I make are just really nitpicky. You corrected the dark outline on his hair (perfectly I might add), but there is still a little of it on his lower body hand dangles.
Current Projects:

Twinees

January 15, 2011, 09:09:03 pm #626 Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:01:57 pm by twinees

nitpicking is fine Cheetah ;), it is good at this stage anyway. Hopefully this fixes those problems you mentioned

Just so people know, ill list the possible speed of making the particular sprites:
Barret: Fast (because of Zozma's Barret sprite)
Tifa: Medium
Yuffie: Slow
Cait Sith: Medium
Aerith: Slow

mav

The portrait looks great. I feel like the palette is a little bit dull, but it doesn't look bad at all. Great work.

I voted Cait Sith, by the way.

Cheetah

This is such an amazing portrait. The hair and fur is really well done. Part of me wants the lower parts of his body a little dark, though you definitely fixed the outline problem, but once again a very minor point.

Personally I would kind of like to see Barret touched up really quickly. I think you did a WIP of your thoughts on it and they looked great. Plus something quick would likely be a nice break.

Cait Sith will be amazing, but I feel he will end up being harder than you think.
Current Projects:

Twinees

January 16, 2011, 01:29:30 am #629 Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:36:29 am by twinees
Something quick like Barret would definitely be a nice break Cheetah, and i wouldnt be surprised if Cait Sith did turn out harder haha. At least the attack animations should be easier (punching or something).

Submitted Cid, Vincent and Red XIII to the sprite submission (also put the contrast up slightly on Red's port).
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=405.msg136606#msg136606

Kagebunji

I will vote for Barret. You need some break, man. I also just downloaded the sprites, gonna test them now.

Kagebunji

Guys, Twinees asked you to NOT vote for Yuffie, she is too much of a pain, and Twin did already great job with Nanaki. Geez...

Kill_Bones

January 16, 2011, 11:12:13 am #632 Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:16:53 am by Kill_Bones
There, Barret is tied with Yuffie. You definately deserve an easier one this time around. Never really liked Yuffie anyway. *gets flamed to death*

EDIT!Gratz making sprite mod Twin, never saw that before!

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

cirnox

Toadychan

Quote from: mav on January 15, 2011, 11:54:58 am(you couldn't exactly buy hair gel in Gariland)

I dunno about that -- Delita's hair is pretty slicked back. XD

Anyway, Twin, your spriting is really amazing! I'm really impressed with your Red XIII. It looks great and fits in so well. As for the poll, I voted Tifa because I like her (moreso in Advent Children than FFVII) but I didn't see the posts about a break until after. Sorry! I agree you should do whatever's easiest. :)

Twinees

Thanks for voting , Kill bones :) (i dont really like yuffie either ;)), and thankyou too Cirnox.
Voting for Tifa is fine Toady :) its good to see what people are most eager about (lol Yuffie).
Anyway, i'll finish this poll up soon.

Probably wont do another poll after this one... they will all get done eventually. Probably will get done faster anyway if i do the sprite that i feel like doing the most.

CR4CK3RW0LF

Absolutely loving your Red XIII hack! i havent gotten the chance to put it in my game yet, but it looks so awesome based on the youtube vids you made!

im sure youve noticed, but i made my Avatar using him as a base. i also wanted to use the rest of him as a base to make my own hack.

it will most likely stay personal, but if people ask for it (doubt it, but you never know..) you wouldnt mind me sharing it would you? with credits to you of course!  :mrgreen:

Twinees

Gl with whatever you do Cr4ack3rW0lf, remeber that the poison nail animation is pretty much the only animation that will work with Red's attack animation. hehe those glasses are funky :P

dbp

Quoteremeber that the poison nail animation is pretty much the only animation that will work with Red's attack animation.

That is why i will do my best to propose an alternative with Flash.
So you could do the animation that you want.

Very very great work on Red XIII.
Totally amazing.
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

Twinees

thanks dbp :)

Polls closed, so next character i will do will be doing is Barret.