• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:12:14 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Driving me nuts...

Started by Kenshin72, August 19, 2010, 05:38:08 pm

Kenshin72

Okay so in the CONFIG.ini for the decompiler/compiler i set Multi=1 as per Zodiac's request so it splits the events into one per text for easier managing. But how do I recombine them? I've tried to just make an event.txt and paste the events in that but that doesn't work. I can't find any topics on this so I assume everybody knows and I'm just stupid. :)

EDIT: I just realized this should be in the Help forum. Forgot we have that one now.

Xifanie

you can only compile one event at a time. So if you want to compile your event, just write the path in CONFIG.INI and run the compiler.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kenshin72

Do I need to rename the one I want compiled event.txt or is what it named by default fine?

Xifanie

TEXTFILE='PSX Events\EVT_027_01B.txt'

personally I just link them.

Yeah I know, it's a bit awful. I'm working on the Event Editor right now.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

AvengerXP

Personally i copy them over from a SCRIPT directory of all my new texts and simply once copied rename them "input.txt" so i never lose the source and I always compile the same file name.

Jon

Yeah, Kenshin72, this event editor that Zodiac is making will probably be everyone's golden shiny wire of hope, because once I was trying to make a parody patch thing and I stopped after Boco Forest because it takes too long/gets so annoying. Zodiac, how long will it take to make that editor? I don't want to sound like I am rushing you, I'm patient, but like is there a release date perhaps? Once that come out I think there will be like 100 new "Projects" beside Mercenaries and the others. Please announce it when its out, you're gonna make everyone on here happy I'm sure ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Xifanie

Kenshin72

I'll ask this here instead of making a new topic. Can I change the Charge +1, Charge +2 etc... skills to be something other than charge skills? I've used the search feature and haven't found the answer.

Jon

What do you want to change them into? Different names, different abilities? I think it can be done with a combo of FFTPatcher, maybe some hacking and FFTacText. If your question is if, then the answer is yes.

Also @ Zodiac, the year 2012? By then the world will explode or something! Oh well, I am patiently awaiting its arrival :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kenshin72

Like no matter how I change the dropdown menu under the jp cost, none of the stuff i can modify appears.

Zozma

I was wondering about that too as well as the Jump and calculate slots, perhaps theres just not as much to them and so theres no way to edit them like normal skills?, however I would also prefer to turn them into normal skills as well...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kenshin72

I know that's a good amount of custom skills if we could get it to work.

LastingDawn

If I recall right (which I doubt I do in this case...) Melonhead had said that some of those skills weren't put in fully because there was no point at the time.

OR he said that those skills didn't have that actual information, sorry. It's one or the other. I'm sure Zodiac should know.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kenshin72

I'll post this here instead of making topics.
I'm trying to make Delita bend down like the when they are almost dead in my event. According to the wiki 20 is the bend down I think so I set my unitanim to this:
UnitAnim(x04,x00,x20,x00,x00
04 is the Unit ID, then 00 is so it doesn't affect everyone according to the tutorial. 20 is the bend down animation I think thats where you put it. Then 00 I don't quite understand and the last 00 is unknown. Sorry if this is a confusing read. Anyone know why all he does is stand there?

Miroshi Beshima

i dont think 20 is the critical condition stance. Ive been event editing too, x16 is critical. and x36 is bow which is a similar stance to critical. and the fourth byte your confused about is for the EVTCHR. which are those specific stances for specific sprites that u see in events.

Kenshin72

Dur... I just looked and 16 is critical while 20 said Pick On ground which I was taking as like bending down to pick something up on the ground.

So do I put 16 where I have my 20 or on the fourth byte and make the third byte 00?

Miroshi Beshima

No, dont mess with the fourth byte unless you have a EVTCHR frame u wanna use, which isnt a good a idea unless uve edited it or using the correct frame with the designated sprite. Just leave the fourth byte as x00

Kenshin72

Still doesn't work here are my custom events.

DisplayMessage(x10,x10,x0004,x04,x00,x00,+00000,+00004,+00000,x00) Works fine
WaitForInstruction(x01,x00) Works fine
WalkTo(x04,x00,001,000,x00,x00,+005,x01) Works fine
UnitAnim(x04,x00,x16,x00,x00) Doesn't work, just keeps marching from the Walk event before.
Wait(02000) Here to just delay the rest of events so I can make sure the above work.

Xifanie

You need to use WaitWalk, else the game tries to unitanim right after the unit started walking.
Also remove the wait 2000

Kenshin72

Wunderbar! After all my years of RPG Maker I thought I should be able to figure this out but the unitanim just stumped me. Thanks Zodiac.

EDIT: Great after all my custom editing works fine, the regular event script is screwing up now.