• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:55:18 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Editable Laws

Started by Dual-Wielding Ninja, August 26, 2020, 09:51:46 pm

Dual-Wielding Ninja

I know many people dislike this aspect in both games, but is there a way to modify laws so that they trigger differently?

Ex.: "Judge Adj." would penalize you for being 1 square away (henceforth adjacent) from the Judge in FFTA, and "Repeat Physical 3 Times" for using physical attacks or physical-based attacks, like Fight and Air Render respectively, in FFTA2.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Dual-Wielding Ninja

Leonarth

Quote from: undefinedbut is there a way to modify (insert any behavior of the game here)
ASM. Learn ASM and write your own code so you can make new laws.
Although I would assume in vanilla laws are only checked after you act, so moving to a square adjacent to a Judge wouldn't trigger anything (unless you also modified the game to do so), so the law would be "Acting while adjacent to a Judge".

Dual-Wielding Ninja

Quote from: Leonarth on August 26, 2020, 11:41:42 pmASM. Learn ASM and write your own code so you can make new laws.
Although I would assume in vanilla laws are only checked after you act, so moving to a square adjacent to a Judge wouldn't trigger anything (unless you also modified the game to do so), so the law would be "Acting while adjacent to a Judge".
Both of those points make sense. Thanks.
  • Discord username: Dual-Wielding Ninja