• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:10:16 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA Sprite Information

Started by Fallujah, August 19, 2020, 07:00:50 pm

Fallujah

I have documented quite a bit in regards to Portraits and other things (pertaining to AOI editor) - but I have yet to delve into sprite information.

I feel like I saw a detailed thread regarding this, in particular, which sprites can use which weapons. I'm wondering if there are any generic sprites (per race) that can use all weapons.

I am familiar with Guns / bows drawing from the same animations, as well as all swords + staffs - but I am unsure if there are any classes that (for whatever reason) can use every weapon without glitches.

I will continue researching this, but if anyone has any information... or possibly a way to add animations for specific sprites, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Leonarth

I'm not sure what your documentation would be, but I don't think there is anything else to investigate about Portraits, and there's not a lot left to look at for unit animations either.
I fear you are treading treaded ground.

QuoteI feel like I saw a detailed thread regarding this, in particular, which sprites can use which weapons. I'm wondering if there are any generic sprites (per race) that can use all weapons.
If you use my engine hacks all (playable) jobs can use all ability animations and all weapon animations.

You can also check my animation template for humanoids, which includes, again, all ability and weapon animations.

Edit: Honestly we might want to start a discord group or something, if you are committed to working on ffta. The forums are nice for archival but they don't really cut it when it comes to speed when teaching people new stuff and discussing notes and such.

Fallujah

I most definitely am. I'm referring to an excel I made a while back documenting the portraits and their offsets in AIO.

Discord sounds like a great idea!

dck

There's a FFTA room in the hacktics discord but it's basically empty and a single room would be pretty bad for organizing information in a legible and easily updateable way.
I think a dedicated disc could help out a lot too, there's a lot of valuable info spread across dozens of random threads and new development options are hard to communicate to people interested in making FFTA mods.
  • Discord username: adri#1824