• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:52:33 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTA Modding Questions

Started by Linkuser, July 11, 2020, 12:59:18 pm

Linkuser

Hey everyone, I have a few questions about some things that I'm currently working on for my FFTA mod.

I wanted to know if anyone knew the pointers for the damage % that poison does. I'd like to increase that to a higher amount.
I also want to make Auto-Regen heal more per turn as well. Is anyone aware of that pointer as well?

Another aspect I'm working on is creating a tight economy for the player. Something I disliked in the original game is how easy it was to get gil and my goal is to create a stronger need for it. I have the mission nightmare modules and nightmare 2, and I've been able to open it just fine, but I can't figure out how to actually apply/save the changes once I've made them to the file. I don't see an option to save or apply changes like with the original nightmare app.

Thanks in advance for any help! I appreciate it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

rrs_kai

Quote from: Linkuser on July 11, 2020, 12:59:18 pmhow to actually apply/save the changes once I've made them to the file.
-1- Open Nightmare/Nightmare2
-2- On the File menu, select Open ROM
-3- On the Modules menu, select Load Modules...
-4- Make your changes and hit ENTER. An asterisk(*) appears on the window name indicating that something has changed
-5- On the File menu, select Save ROM or hit Ctrl+S to save your changes

Hope it helped.

Linkuser

Yep, got the changes to save now. Thanks for the help! I'm still looking for those pointers if anyone has an idea of what they are.