• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

MP Cost for Draw Out, and fiddling with Sing/Dance

Started by tatoolo, June 08, 2008, 01:08:46 pm

tatoolo

June 08, 2008, 01:08:46 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tatoolo
Is there a way to attach MP costs to the draw out skills, or is Draw Out one of those screwy skillsets?  I changed a lot of the enemies in the ENTD and some female Samurai are kicking my butt outside of Lionel Castle :(

I also tampered a bit with the Bard and Dancer classes:  instead of having infinite range, their skills now are auto-target to target all allies/enemies within 5 spaces (to keep them from sitting in the corner of the map through the battle).  I haven't made any of my characters Bards or Dancers yet, but I encountered one in a battle, and noticed something I didn't like:  the bard chose the song, then moved away, and when the song went off, it hit everyone that was in the five panel radius *before* he moved, rather than from where he stood when it resolved.  

I currently have the "Auto", "Hit Caster", "Target Allies", "Hit Caster", "Persevere", and most importantly, "Follow Target" flags (none of these are changed from the original formula).  I switched on the "Targeting" flag, so that the skill should work like a friendly summon, but the problem remained (I suppose it is still possible to choose "Panel" over "Unit" in that case).  Is there any way to force the skill to follow the target (that is, the unit itself)?

VincentCraven

June 08, 2008, 03:29:15 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Yes, you can attach MP to every skill.

Try this combination: Auto, Target Self, Hit Allies, Hit Caster, Targeting.  If it doesn't work, then that means that any skill with an AoE cannot target only the caster.  Accumulate only can hit the caster, and I got these flags from said skill.  Chances are, you are out of luck.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Asmo X

June 09, 2008, 12:26:59 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I changed DO to hit everything in the AOE including the caster. Seems like a pretty good balance. You just have to be careful about using it (for a change)

tatoolo

June 11, 2008, 04:26:48 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tatoolo
Well, my changes seem to have worked...mostly.  I now have a Bard on my team, and the song follows him around like it's supposed to.  However, like I said, the songs don't seem to follow enemy bards like they should.

Similarly, the Draw Out skills have MP costs like I want, but again, the enemy Samurai don't seem to expend MP when they use any of the skills.  Odd.

Shade

June 11, 2008, 05:10:17 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
yeah  I think its cant work because of katana system they pick katanas then activate it, like wizards have elmental rods which maybe does ice when they attack enemys, so it does not cost mp to user.
Same thing with samurai skills.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Archael

June 11, 2008, 06:13:09 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Shade"yeah  I think its cant work because of katana system they pick katanas then activate it, like wizards have elmental rods which maybe does ice when they attack enemys, so it does not cost mp to user.
Same thing with samurai skills.

I a having a very hard time understanding you.

This is frustrating!

*eye gouges self*  :!:

Shade

June 11, 2008, 06:15:17 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Huh? :?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

tatoolo

June 13, 2008, 11:45:56 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tatoolo
Actually scratch that;  there is a listed MP cost for Samurai skills on the screen where you purchase them, but the MP cost does not show up in the battle menu, nor is it applied when any of the skills are used.

As Shade so eloquently put it, I think it has to do with the fact that the Katanas are taken from inventory, and so the skills are tied to items, and as such you can't apply MP costs.