• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

DeadManWalking

I figured, since they're very similar, it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and do the male Healer (White Mage Apprentice)

[attachment=0:28elkwli]Healer Preview.png[/attachment:28elkwli]

Kagebunji

Make his eyes less angry, he is white mage, not some warrior who want to kill, heh. And reds seem kinda saturated, but may be my monitor doing things.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

It's the same red that's on the priest palette, and, sure.

Kagebunji

Like i thought, these reds look saturated in this computer, but when I tossed it over to the one I use for spriting, it looked okay. Damn this thing. Btw, back side view has shading problems, or rather lack of shading, in the upper part of hood, I bet you copied Rofel's head, and I know how you recolored it, all shall look good when you shade it more.

mav

Eh, for whatever reason the red ain't working out right. Also, you have some outlining going on on the arms, where you use the black shade. And what's going on with the shading at the bottom of the robe for the last two frames?

SilvasRuin

I think it's the dimmer gray making the red look too bright.  If you're not going to use white, you should probably use a dimmer red too.

DeadManWalking

...actually it's the same shades of white, too.

Edit: And, what do you mean?  What's at the bottom of the sprite on the last two frames?

SilvasRuin

You're using all of the exact same shades?  Huh...  Well this isn't the first time the same colors look significantly different when used on something else.

jimmyjw88

The bottom (below the waist) of the last two frames are dark (total grays), compare with the front and front diagonal frames.

EDIT: Rough edit.[attachment=0:mud81zvj]Healer Test.png[/attachment:mud81zvj]
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"Edit: And, what do you mean? What's at the bottom of the sprite on the last two frames?
[attachment=0:3w3zlm0u]temp.png[/attachment:3w3zlm0u]

jimmyjw88

Ah, that's much better than what I have. Haha.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

For some reason it looks a lot better. I could tell the original post was un-changed White mage colors(just used one myself) but the whites work better with this build because of the shading I suppose.
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

Played the heck outta Fallout 3, but managed to get the rest of the healer poses/palettes done, I lightened up the white shades, too.  Hopefully that'll help the problem some people had with it.

[attachment=0:x1hlwpyg]Healer Preview.png[/attachment:x1hlwpyg]

Meow_von_Lazerstein

May 14, 2010, 12:40:03 am #253 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:59:01 am by Meow_von_Lazerstein
Looks good to me just maybe brown gloves instead of the trim color.

SilvasRuin

The first, third, and fifth palettes are far too similar.

DeadManWalking

...it's pretty much exactly how they are on the original priest.  I don't quite know how to differentiate them...

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

SilvasRuin

I guess I never noticed the priests looked so similar before.
Well most sprites tend to have a particular color scheme for each faction or whatever, so maybe make the trim match each faction's primary color?

Oh, and you seem to have some outlines that are far too dark.  The side view, back angled view, and front angled crouch have the worst examples of this, but the crouch probably isn't actually too bad as you'd expect a shadow there anyways.

jimmyjw88

What Silvas said, and one more thing...

Fix this:[attachment=0:3m1auqou]Healer Test1.png[/attachment:3m1auqou]

Kagebunji

Um, I told you to make his eyes friendly, direct copy of Rofel is not working, and you didn't shaded the upper part of hood too like I said....

And fix this too.