• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

SilvasRuin

Angled front view looks flat chested, looks like there's some funky twist in her torso or something, and the cleavage looks odd on the front view.

DeadManWalking

You're right.  I'll see if I can fix it in the morning.

Lijj

Well it looks like you have an agenda. I respect that. I can't wait to see the lot of these classes. Particularly the mystic knights; I liked the colorations of that class in FFV.
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

I remade the female Apprentice to try to make it more in line with the theme, here it is.

[attachment=0:3r3jj6i6]Black Apprentice F Prototype.bmp[/attachment:3r3jj6i6]

SilvasRuin

Front view seems to have angry eyes and an oddly angular waist.  The belt should probably have a softer curve, and the match the other views, even be just slightly partially obscured by the boobs.  Or maybe not that... whatever you do, something needs to give them a bit more dimension on the front view.  A modest female sprite certainly isn't a bad thing, but it is just a bit hard to notice, at least on that view.  Now that I think about it, I wonder if that view is somehow skinnier than the other views... the sleeves do look less poofy.

VampragonLord

front side view vs front view, she looks MUCH skinnier.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kyousukeee

The waist looks odd in diagonal front view , move it one pixel to the right .

You could also move the hat one pixel to the left .

Is her botttom colour supposed to be darker than the top ? Because I see a big difference in the colours there ^^
Good work with the generic human BK , looks pretty good

mav

Hat is one pixel too high on the forward-facing frame, and one pixel too far to our right (her left) on the forward-diagonal frame (as Kyo just pointed out). You may also want to give her a darker hair color, cause right now it's doesn't look good with that hat color.

DeadManWalking

May 08, 2010, 01:13:36 am #228 Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:28:16 pm by DeadManWalking
Did some more work on the male Apprentice, though I probably need to touch up some stuff.

[Image Removed]

DeadManWalking

Oh, I forgot to edit the extra faces...

Asmo X

The male apprentice doesn't have enough depth on his face. It looks like a potato chip.

DeadManWalking

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

May 09, 2010, 12:18:11 am #233 Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:29:24 pm by DeadManWalking
Haven't gotten to the face yet, but I touched up the body a bit.  R999 suggested I move the clothes over to keep him from looking slouched.

mav

I can't tell, but maybe the hat should be moved one pixel to our left on the side-view frame and forward-diagonal frame. Change the hat color on the purple one to the same yellows used on the first blue one. Consider changing the skin tone on the green one too. Otherwise, not bad. Keep up the good work.

DeadManWalking

May 09, 2010, 09:14:45 pm #235 Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:29:39 pm by DeadManWalking
This should be the last big update to this sprite, I updated the colors, pushed the hats over and added the extra faces.

[Image Removed]

DeadManWalking

May 11, 2010, 04:25:26 pm #236 Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:30:02 pm by DeadManWalking
I took a day off to go job hunting, didn't find anything, but anyway, here's the first version of the portrait for the male apprentice

[Image Removed]

Lemme know whatcha think.

DeadManWalking

I know I said I wouldn't post any more big previews of this sprite, but that was before I remembered that I forgot to put the portrait on >_>

[attachment=0:1e4wf5vy]Black Apprentice Prototype.png[/attachment:1e4wf5vy]

Lijj

Is it wrong to post so many images? Looks nice. I almost suggested you lighten the edge up on the ear but didn't want to be pesky more so; looks better!
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

Good point, I removed most of them.  And I'll lighten up the edge of the ear before I test it in game.