• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:59:12 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Terra Branford

Started by Smash, January 16, 2010, 10:46:26 pm

Lijj

Ok I'll rotate Celes body a bit. And yes Relm is still WIP or most recently rendered. It's Strago (the old one)..
Thanks mav. There's no way I could get a valid crit at FinalfantasyHacks forum or whatever so I appreciate this and apologize to anyone in advance if it's perceived annoying & not FFT related enough. It is Eternal's project and he's more a member of this community.
  • Modding version: PSX

SilvasRuin

Awesome FF sprites are awesome, regardless of which game they're for.

Smash

Biggs looks like Gonzalez from Fire emblem 6 in a helmet.. Am I the only one who thinks this?

My take:

[attachment=0:3w4m2ak6]Ref.png[/attachment:3w4m2ak6]

First: Size. Needs to look good in 40x40.
Second: Anatomy, looking at refs
Third: Back hair and many other tweaks, everything's still a mess pixel quality wise.

I think Strago looks great, but the only flaw is the size, the face is too big and long to fit 40x40.

Lijj

Thanks for fixing Biggs the hair looks great.. cheek looks better. The eyes darkened do look the way I'd imagine from the actual sprite.
Were the Eyes too much? haha.
I have this problem with making them too big.. every one of them started too big. I need to stop.
I can scale down Strago and edit from there.
(I tried some hair and it looked shabby thanks again)

Jon

Smash, Biggs looks like Gonzalez? Are you crazy?! Gonzalez is like a cross eyed Quasimoto that people throw rocks at! Your portrait is really great though, don't get me wrong, and it doesn't look like Gonzalez thank God! And now a moment of silence when Biggs, Wedge and Jessie get killed in FF7.....well lets not wallow in grief! Nice work! ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Lijj

Latest update for Smash and Twinees or whomever else:
touched up strago and relm.. Been busy so couldn't do much

Smash

Are these final?
IMO they need alot of pixel refining and anatomy fixing, especially Celes' long neck

I guess I could tweak the basic shapes for you to continue from, (And/or refine the soldier, the concept looks really badass)
EDIT: Yet, it should be today, I've only got a few hours of free time right now, and diminishing quickly

Lijj

none of these are final. I'm sure they can be touched up. Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law
edit: If you want to start a new one even later in the week that'd be cool too. :) Anything I do I'll post here so we can keep it organized

Smash

[attachment=0:2agzt325]Ref.png[/attachment:2agzt325]

Making this look good quality wise. The key here is the harmony between pixels, and how smoothly they fit into each other

Btw, I encountered a fuckload of similar colors that seemed all useless in general, but I didn't bother to eliminate them

Jon

Wow! Awesome work! Strago and Celes look amazing, no wait all of them do! Keep up the great work!

Zozma

okay so the umm, terra "braNford" fft sprite...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

Latest Update:
Took some advice for Celes and Strago.. also touched up Relm

To Biggs:
I added some extra useless colors for the hell of it, might as well use the total 16. You get one extra color in FFVI; no tan bkground color

mav

I feel like you turned Celes's shoulders the wrong way....Relm's looking better.

Jon

Nice! Celes looks like she is looking for gil on the ground. Shouldn't her left shoulder be raised up a bit? Yeah, I think thats it now that I've stared at it for a while, raise her left shoulder up so that it is only like a few pixels lower than the right one. Really good job! One more thing, Edgar looks a bit serious, maybe you could make him seem a bit happier, your call though, he looks good either way. ;)

Asmo X

Lijj, you and whoever else helped with those portraits have a tendency to fill spaces with random pixel noise. It makes things look choppy. See how all Smash's portraits look smooth? Compare that with the hair hanging down the side of Celes' head or the shadowed side of Strago's face. Pixels seem to be placed randomly (in Celes' case, brown pixels down the strand of hair. For strago, pixels of lighter skin tone in the darker patches.)

Also, the shading transitions too severely. Strago's face seems to be quite light on the front and left side of his face, and then suddenly there is a huge dingy shadow on the right side. It needs to be smoother.

Lijj

Jon: You're right about the shoulder. I noticed it yesterday morning. of course after I'd posted :O
Asmo: I was going for hardness on Strago's shadows to make him look older I'll try to lessen that.
Thanks all for the  crits and comments we can  perfect these  in time and have a  bad ass roster.
I noticed on Smash's edit of the Empire Soldier the left horn (ours) is diferent from the right and
that part that curves up underneath the horn looks a lil severe maybe darken it so it sticks out a
tad less. And the necklace on Terra looks unfinished. Smash you  work in mysterious ways  or at
least it's different from me so I'm trying to slake the  amount  of random pixels  and understand
what you mean by the interplay of shapes etc. I also need to start using references.  This  is  a
nice way to learn more and Smash we make a pretty good team in our collaboration: Two lefties.

Zozma

(ignoring all above posts...) i hate the terra portrait... smash???

Zozma

sorry to double post, i wasnt trying to be rude! i cant make ports for shit either!

Smash

Gay hurricane's over (Didn't even thrash much), and the electricity's back.. I had some fun with my 10 hour lasting laptop battery though
And I think I went too far..

[attachment=0:1bn9diyg]Ref.png[/attachment:1bn9diyg]

I must be out of my fucking mind if I even think on continuing this (Tempting, but it may take years)

The Terra FFT port seems somewhat decent Zozma.. I think.

Smash

Oh well..

[attachment=0:7p72ebvg]Ref.png[/attachment:7p72ebvg]