• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 01:54:24 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Terra Branford

Started by Smash, January 16, 2010, 10:46:26 pm

Lijj

Alright!

Yeah He was doing good for banking solidarnisc from what I understand.
Peace
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

I know 1 frame on the butt of the 2nd one's a bit off. I'll fix it next round

Mari

Quote from: "Lijj" I know 1 frame on the butt of the 2nd one's a bit off. I'll fix it next round
Yep, sprite is looking good, now.

Me being picky, but.. He hair sways to the right when her left foot is up in front on the left picture..
But it's opposite on the right picture!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Lijj

Well dear, you see... the way it works; it mirrors every set depending on wether the sprite is facing NE or NW; -or SE/SW.
 I think all of the sprites that aren't perfectly bilaterally symmetrical do that

Mari

Was making up some examples to test it out, but the back view pose hair doesn't hardly move at all so it was too hard to tell.
Oh well!
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Lijj

Well perhaps I could reduce the bounce more on the Front view. I think it's okay though. It was Really outta control before. :wink:

Kagebunji

Back frames looks good to me, just fix the butt like you said. But I just noticed, on the forward walking frames, when the ponytail hits her back, look at the top of ponytail, there are some dark shades of green that shouldn't be there.

mav

The hair is extremely distracting...but hair aside, I do have other gripes. The hands look gigantic and the changes in the shading on her chin don't look right on the forward-facing walking frames. Scratch that, the shading on her skin on every frame changes too much. Fix it.

Zozma

the hair really seems low quality for an fft sprite... im sorry... and the portrait? you shouldnt even waste your time with making one because the japanese made a great version of it already
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

Kage: Good looking out! I see what you mean I'll kill it.
Zozma: I think if I got rid of some of the dark single pixels it'll look fine. The portrait. imo there's only one good one  Kagebunji  put it up. Is mine no good? :!: What should I do about the portrait?
 :oops:
 :idea: 's?

jimmyjw88

Yes, Sir Zozma is right. That japanese Terra looks great. I too, suggest you leave the portrait, use japanese's Terra and focus on your sprite, as you have quite some fixes needed.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Boxiii

I actually like this new one better, but eh.

mav

I think Lijj's Terra portrait looks good, but yes, focus on the sprite and leave the portrait off for a while.

Kagebunji

But there is one problem with japanesse Terra, it was made for Dissidia design of Terra, not original FF6. I actually like Lijj's attempt at portrait, but IMO she should be either happier, or have the same face expression as jap. Terra.

Lijj

Thanks folks. I'm going to the Stumptown Comics Festeval today. But As Mav said, I must focus on the sprite 1st. I'll try to fix up the flaws pointed out late tonight.
 Kagebunji, I'll look into making the personality fit better too.

Kagebunji

Have fun at the festival, and no worries on the port, after sprite is done fully, port can be polished up. And call me Kage :P

Lijj

Kagebunji

This looks good, but her butt on one frame looks different, it appears just for a second so watch carefully. And about hair, just before ponytail starts, there is a light green shade that turns to dark, this shouldn't be there as well(btw, I spotted this situtation twice, one pixel gefore pony, and one pixel right at the start. Hair issue is pretty minor, but it always makes sprite look better.

Lijj

Ah the single pixels of shadow on her ponytail could become the darkest green and that should be fixed. So that's nothing, just a little dot dot. So I think I know what you mean: Is it when her hand (the one on our right) swings forward and kinda blends with her butt? I'll fix it but I hope that's all you're talking about.
Tested her in game last night and the only animation that looked even slightly off was the reaction to being hit when facing player. The one were she's cut in half on Sprite-sheet. That shouldn't but hard to fix. and the hand thing. It's a little hard to judge with 3 things coming together like that.
So I should be done with the actual sprite today

Lijj

Oh Kage, I see what you mean about before the ponytail. I was seeing something else which is off too, just slightly enough!