• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:58 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Desperation --- Roleplay of Pairs

Started by Taichii, January 18, 2012, 02:48:37 am

st4rw4k3r

"Tawny Traveler Inn." Mother reads aloud off the sign. She turns to face McCloud. "I don't think we count as tawny, in fact I'm red and you're silver." She turns back around and walks into the building to rent them a room, and get some dinner. "Room for two please!" Mother says to the innkeeper.
"That would be 200 gil, miss?"
"Mother."
"Mother? That is quite an unusual last name."
"Its my full name, I have no surname."
"Hmm. Alright then, Mother, am I right to assume you and you friend would enjoy a nights meal? That would be another 200 for dinner."
"Perfect, thank you." Mother places down 400 gil.
"Thank you, Melina will show you right to your room." The keeper says while smiling. He tugs on a red rope behind him. The rope seems to run next to the wall straight into the kitchen area. In a matter of seconds a lady appears from the kitchen and heads to the counter. "Room 3 Melina." She nods, turns to face Mother and McCloud, and points to the stairs using her entire arm. "Oh an Mother, your food will be ready in 30 minutes, I'll have Melina head back up for you two whens its ready. Enjoy your stay!" Mother smiles and nods to him, and then begins traveling up the stairs that Melina was pointing to. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, Melina pushes past Mother an McCloud, and scurries to the second room on the right. Melina pulls out keys and unlocks the room, and opens the door. Mother and McCloud enter the room, and Melina hands them a key to the room. She bows to them, then leaves the room, closing the door behind her.
"Hmm. Not quite a chatter that one." Mother comments. "And she did seem quite shy." Mother turns to McCloud. "Do you think that word reached here yet?"
"I don't think so." Replies McCloud with uncertainty in his voice.
"I do hope not..." She pauses for a moment before speaking again. "Well, I'll spend tomorrow trying to find out where we should head next and stocking up again. Then after that we should be set to travel to wherever."

Dokurider

January 26, 2012, 03:34:58 am #61 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:20:33 pm by Dokurider
Clayton turned to face the fairy, expecting an attack, but instead finding she had teleported to the other side of the lake. This turn of events had completely taken him by surprise. The fairy then transformed itself from a living mint condition dress up doll to a common dirty street orphan Whether it was an illusion or shapeshifting magic, he couldn't tell at this distance. "HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME! A BANDIT ATTACKED ME! SOMEBODY! HELP! PLEASE!" the fairy started as she ran into the forest away from him. "Is there someone nearby? Then I better forget about wrapping the boy up and just grab him for now."

He moves to pick the boy up, only to find him gone. "Oh St. Ajora, where did he go?" he panicked exasperated while desperately looking around. "I can't have lost him. He was just right here." He spotted the boy, being dragged by his wolf to a tree. "I thought I finished you off." The wolf ignored Clayton in favor of licking the boy's light wounds.

Fearing the worst, Clayton immediately sprung into action. "Oh no you don't!" He pounced onto the wolf's back and grabbed the back of it's head. With his other hand, he tightly gripped his kunai and plunged it with practiced fluidity into the side of the back of the wolf's neck, severing it's spine. The wolf let out a pathetic snarl, it's voice drowning in blood. Not even allowing the beast to savor it's final moments, Clayton unceremoniously pulled the wolf off the boy and pulled out a gag.

Clayton observed that that while the boy's wounds had healed, the boy was thankfully still unconscious. Breathing a sigh of relief, he immediately gagged the boy. Clayton had noticed that the boy apparently had to call his beast's name in order to summon it. He hoped that gagging him could counter this. His instincts said otherwise but he may as well.

Clayton picked up the boy's scythe and the handle of blade, hoping that when the beast expires, it will return as a blade part. He draped the boy over the shoulder and started running towards the hill.

Ryqoshay

"NO! Don't take Mama!" Anita cries plaintively, running frantically after the kidnapper. "HELP!" she shrieks again, ensuring there is no mistaking her location. "BAD MAN! KIDNAPPER! SOMEBODY HELP ME!"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

DarkShade

January 26, 2012, 05:41:33 pm #63 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:46:27 pm by DarkShade
"Damn I hope I can get there in time," L noted himself. L starts to panic and trips over a log. "Damn it!" The words came out of his mouth as fast as he was failing down. L then at his final moments, before hitting the ground, tucks in his stomach and does a barrel roll. He then calm down and tried to hear where the scream was coming from. He then hears a girl screaming at the top of her lungs saying, "HELP! BAD MAN! KIDNAPPER! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" " That's not to far and I'm not good at calculating time, but I think it will take me about another hour maybe two." L scurries to the direction of the noise and hopes he can get their in time.  
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Lijj

'We've been hiking long enough to hide from any villagers in pursuit I think.' Firkon ruminates on the idea of sleeping. He wonders if slime ever sleeps. He tries to let slime know he's tired via projecting the voice in his head but feels no response. 'Well I need to find a hidden grove to rest in soon'. Firkon silently stops and he notices the slime stops ahead and waits. He again projects his thoughts . 'Slime, I'm tired, I need to rest.' He gathers some twigs and dried pine needles off branches for kindling. Slime creeps up next to him and pushes the sticks into a scattered mess splayed about. "I'm cold!" Firkon exclaims "But you're right, not a good idea." Firkon sighs and sits down. 'I wish us humans didn't need to sleep; this isn't going to go well.' He makes a pillow out of leaves and lays down. The slime curls up next to him and starts emanating a more thorough warm than a camp fire would have emitted. Firkon now falls asleep comfortably.
  • Modding version: PSX

MysticKnightFF5

<REWIND>As we headed for Zirekile, I saw the pain in her eyes. I could tell she wanted to go with the two, but it was simply not possible. "We have a mission", I assured myself.
As we walked through the forest, we heard many sounds...today was indeed an eventful day for this humble forest.
As we followed the river there, everything seemed much more peaceful than what the sounds were portraying otherwise.
I walk up to her side--I usually walk behind her, and ask, "So, what sort of contract are we hoping to make at Zirekile, anyways?"
She looks up at me with contemplative eyes, still thinking of those two. "I suppose a water eiodolon of some kind? I don't think it'll be easy though...."
I rest a hand on her shoulder and we stop for a moment, "We'll do fine," I reassure her, "In fact, we'll do great."
"I hope so..." she replies. It's hard getting her in the game.
We finally make it to Zi--...this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It is as though God's personal fountain. I take another step, if only to look at it from a slightly different shine.
"Huh?!" I yelp, as my duty shoves me. "Hey? What was that for?" I sigh.
"You're gawking again, we can gawk afterwards, okay?"
"Fine..."
She walks up, and sits down, cross-legged, to meditate.

Taichii

January 27, 2012, 03:15:51 am #66 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:35:23 am by Taichii
As the wolf's body began taking numerous critical hits, it finally reached its last breath.
It howled its heart out and started melting back to its original blade form... meanwhile...
Taichii began to dream...

He began to open his eyes and found himself lying on a pitch black stone cobbled floor...
Suddenly, a glimpse of fire appeared.
Taichii followed it... as he appears to be close enough to observe it more...
It exploded and turned into an inferno... the radiance of the fire lit up the pitch black darkness which revealed a castle.
He walked inside and wandered around.
"Where am I?" He thought...
He looked around and yelled... "HEEELLOOOOOOOO~!!"
The vastness of the castle made his voice echo throughout the hallway.
He walked forward and reached the throne room... He was confused why the castle was deserted as all the torches were lit up.
He then marched up and found himself in the widest balcony of the castle...
He looked at where he was when he was asleep before...
Taichii heard a sound that passed quickly behind him.
He grasped his scythe and looked behind.
"Who's there?!" He yelled once again preparing himself for anything...
Suddenly... something appeared from the throne room disappearing and appearing as it dashed quickly towards him.
As he held his scythe to gain momentum, a figure with a pure black eye with Red Bloodshot Iris appeared in front of his face...
It has a silver hair and a hollow coat... He looked below and saw the figure in front of him wearing armor with vampiric languages encripted in it.
He could not read it all though as he was tense and the armor has scratches and dents... He looked above again... in shock... he stopped in his tracks.
The Silver Haired creature smiled upon him and revealed two sharp fangs.
"Shit... Who..." Taichii thought...
They stood still... both of them just looked at each other.
As Taichii recovered from the shock, he quickly swings his scythe forward... but to his surprise again; the figure in front of him disappeared in thin air...
He looked around and felt something sharp touching his neck.
He looked below and found a the blade of a huge scythe hooked around his neck. It has a vampiric language encripted into it "VLAD"
He couldn't understand two more parts of the encryption because it was dented with cracks.
There is a figure that holds the scythe behind him. standing above the ledge of the balcony.

The figure behind him then spoke in a cold shallow voice. "Is this what has become of my bloodline?"
The figure released his scythe from Taichii's neck and kicked him in the back, sending Taichii rolling at the cold hard slate of the balcony.
"Who are you? What Bloodline?!" Taichii said as he was amazed again to see the figure quickly appearing in front of him.
"Don't let good emotions control you... Release your instinct... Release it all..."
"Anger..."
The figure kicked his stomach...
"Fury."
The figure beat Taichii's legs with the hilt of the scythe.
"Hate..."
The figure held Taichii in the air and falcon punched him towards the balcony walls.
"Lose your sanity..."
"Kill! My 6th great grand child...  It's okay to be insane... Let it all out! "
The figure said with an evil grin on his face.

Taichii's head began to ache... "NO!" he screamed in pain...
He looked at the figure one more time... He noticed that he also has a blade but it is concealed on a very rusty sheath meaning that it was never used for a long time.
"Kill! That is your destiny! HAHAHAHAHA! "The figure released an evil laugh and then disappeared...
"Dad... help me..." Taichii cried.

Everything turned black again...
Meanwhile in the real world... Taichii is still unconscious.

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Dokurider

"NO! Don't take Mama!" a shrill voice called out from behind Clayton. "What? Does this girl know when to give up?" As he made it over the hill, he heard her voice getting louder.  "HELP! BAD MAN! KIDNAPPER! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" The accusation of kidnapping had irked him. "I need to lose her. Now how can I do that? I know." he said with a smile that can only come from arrogance.

Clayton looked through his inventory for his smoke bombs, but could not find them. "I can't believe this. Why did I pick this time of all times to leave my smoke bombs at home?" He gritted his teeth in frustration. "No matter. I suppose I'll just have to make my own." As he approached the forest at the end of the hill, the forest suddenly became blanketed with a thick fog. Clayton headed straight into the fog and within a instant, he was concealed within it's soup-like thickness.

Ryqoshay

Fog.

Anita scowls as she watches her quarry disappear into the opaque cloud. She did not remember fog being here a while back. But, the man she is pursuing is undeniably a trickster; some sort of mage or ninja or something of the like.

She continues screaming for help until...

She runs headlong into a tree.

"Oww~~ie...!" she whines, staggering.

Not good. Every second she hesitates is another stride he can get ahead.

She squints into the mist for a moment.

"Heh... I get it now..." She murmurs to herself, summoning her wings. Her flight may not be any faster than running, but it makes things easier nonetheless.

Having almost screamed her throat raw, she has determined that nobody is coming after all. But that's alright, she'll make do on her own. She always has.

It takes a couple teleports to catch up, but she quickly sets herself even with Not-the-Mama.

"I wonder..." she coos in his ear. "How well can you fight while carrying Mama around like that?" She smiles pleasantly at him.

Dokurider

As Clayton continued to run through and away from his fog, he heard the girl screams get fainter and fainter. Then, a bump then a yelp. And finally, silence. He briefly looked behind him to see if she was really gone. "Finally, I lost her." he breathed in relief. As he started to trudge forward, he was stopped by the sight of the girl now in front of him. "But, how did-?" She was right next to him.  "I wonder..." she coos in his ear. "How well can you fight while carrying Mama around like that?"

His mind was racing. "This whole time. She could have just done that. This has been nothing but a game to her. This has been nothing but a farce. All my plots and plans have been for nothing. All for her amusement. This, tonight, is too much. I have had it."

"I'm not." he replied unsteadily. "YOU, are going to back off and leave. NOW." Clayton takes his blade to the boy's neck. He has finally lost it. "I didn't want to hurt your 'mama', I was just going to turn him to Dorter for lots of gil. You do realize that this boy is a wanted man, right? I'm doing my civic duty turning this felon in." he starts to step back.

As furious as he is now, he is anticipating her next attack. He continued, "It's not like those cardboard boxes they call a prison could hold him or keep you out. But I can't have that, can I? NOOO. It's always about you. Well, you know what? If I can't have him, neither shall you." he roared, glaring at the girl.

He really will kill the boy. It's no longer about the money, or the glory. It's a done deal. Clayton is dead. There is no escape. He cannot beat her in a direct fight even if he were to drop the boy and if he did, she would merely just grab him and teleport off with him. He can only hurt her now. Make her suffer. For making a fool out of him. Either he correctly anticipates her next attack and nails her, or he or Clayton dies. That is all there is. "Make your move." he thought.

MysticKnightFF5

Finally, the true ceremony began. Once again, words sprung from her lips which I hear yet do not hear. As though they passed through me instead of into me. Like a wife's chatter. This almost-melodious, almost-ominous, Hymn of Unsealing never sat well with me. Something about it... I've always wondered if this was truly an unbiased power, or if there was some sort of goal behind it, or some evil power, or even holy power. It just makes me uneasy, especially when I'm to be her moral guide. ME. This girl is screwwwwed~
Still, I remember too well what had happened when I accepted that pact to assist her in any way possible. Looking back on it, I'm pretty sure that means those scandals weren't actually scandals....
Oh....God....why....
A-anyways, I still remember the heavy aroma of cherry-esque smoke and smell of sex and women in that odd little place. Stone all around me, a single large and old man in front of me, two female guards to his side. I knelt before someone for the first time since I had become a black knight--this is to say, a knight without a king.

He spoke words that even to this day I remember as crisply as morning dew. "What changes this world? Why is your king dead? How could you ever hope to fulfill your honor?"
I gazed up at him, unsure if he meant for true or a rhetoric game.
"Power," he answered for me, "Power is what shapes this world, killed your king, and will kill the man you hold responsible."
I nodded, this was true. How could anyone argue such a thing, but a naive brat?
"You would give me this power?" I inquired. I was suspicious and cautious--still am. This was more than fishy.
"Hell no!" he laughed outloud; I was shocked, to say the least..."what's going on?" I thought quietly.
"I want you to accompany a child of pure heart and pure power. A Child born of..."
the lights faded and I stared at him with shock. "What?! That is what these contractors roaming our world are?!"
He laughed at my surprise, a laugh that told me he knew I was to be a guardian now.

"So," I finally spoke after gathering my thoughts, "you wish me to instill protection and morality into a eiodolon's child? You never intend for me to have power, do you? You just want me to direct this power."
"I would have you decide the fate of this small child, yes, and I would have you do a damn good job." he smirked, that arrogant smirk that yells, "I've seen this a million times before".
"And what if I were to bring her to evil, and make her long to annihilate this sickening civilization?" I didn't mean it, but I wanted to know.
He nods in understanding, "You may do what you want, but whatever you choose to do for her, you will find she is pure. Pure does not mean 'good' by a human's understanding or 'evil' by a human's understanding. We have those who would combat her and fight to prevent this world's apocalypse."
I stared him in the eye for what felt like an hour. That cocky son of a bitch knew exactly how this conversation was going to go. Every line, every word he's spoken, rehearsed. Yet, I believe him...
"I'll do it, just try not to go so hard on the poor women before I come next; I want a turn." my lips curled at that remark, just the slightest grin.
He laughed, loudly. Good, the man has a sense of humor.

The ritual of unsealing was complete. She acts like a child, like a toddler no more than 5, yet somehow she is mature. Is this why humans are so flawed? We try too hard to grow up, maybe we leave behind the truly important things in life, because we think they'll make us weak or vulnerable.
The doors opened wide, the rune glowing against the waters, the waters splitting as though to greet her into their humble abode. These days, with such hatred and foolishness flying everywhere, perhaps she is that pure light in the world, just as he said.
I want to be a pure light in the world, as well.

DarkShade

L finally got to the lake, unfortunately he arrived too late. "Damn my luck, why does this have to happen." He looked around to see what happen in the area and sees an area of blood and investigates it. "Hmm, something must have gone wrong here," L thought. Then he sees a small drag mark of a sword from the area of blood going towards the hill. "I might not be too late." L grips his sword and starts running up the hill.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Taichii

Taichii is being held captive by the ninja man. The man put his blade in Taichii's throat...
As Taichii was held hostage, he snored real loud because of exhaustion...
He snored and croaked again in front of the kid and the ninja man...
But then.. He's still unconscious...

"Desperation"

Ryqoshay

January 30, 2012, 02:09:29 am #73 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:01:50 pm by Ryqoshay
   "No! Don't hurt Mama!" Anita cries, plaintively as she reaches out to grab the blade. The razor edge bites into her palms, but she pulls anyway. "Please stop!" she pleads, tears forming in her eyes. His explanation does not appear to have had an effect on her. 'Wanted man' and 'civic duty' may very well not have meaning to her. "What did Mama ever do to you?" she begins to sob, still trying to pull away the weapon.

"Miss Anita." Charon's voice intones in her mind. "Imploration: Expedient retreat. Trepidation: Harm imminent."

The girl all but ignores her guardian's request and continues to struggle in desperation.

Dokurider

"What..is this?" Clayton thought.

This girl, that could kill him in a instant, has now reduced herself to foolishly prying his blade off the boy's neck, cutting her hands in the process. This was completely unexpected to Clayton. "What are you-? Why are you-?" His rage had been replaced with surprise which then faded into ennui. His mind and body was drained of energy. All he could do was go along with this absurd situation.

"Okay, okay, I'll put the blade away. Just stop doing that." Clayton took the blade off the boy's neck and slipped it inside his sleeve. "See look what happened. You cut your hands all up." He dug into his jacket pockets and pulled out a gauze and poured some liquid onto it. "Here, give me your hand. I don't clean my blade, so you better have your hands bandaged before they get infected."

Ryqoshay

January 31, 2012, 11:51:06 pm #75 Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:58:35 am by Ryqoshay
   Anita blinks as her opponent takes an apparent about-face in attitude towards her. She frees his blade as he removes it from Mama's neck. In her confusion, she barely hears his first questions, but somewhere in the back of her mind they register as ones she has heard far too many times before.

Not-the-Mama produces some sort of cloth and pours some liquid onto it while offering soothing words.

Perhaps Charon was wrong... For now, it remains silent.

The girl sniffles as her sobs subside and she stares at the proffered aid. Suddenly, she pulls her hands back, hugging them tightly to her chest. "I-I'm f-fine." She sputters, fluttering her wings a bit and retreating a foot or two. "I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine." She repeats. "And you didn't answer my question." Her eyes belie her tentative behavior with a cool stare. "What did Mama ever do to you, Not-the-Mama?"

Taichii

Taichii heard that voice again.. "Emotions make you weak! Let them go! Let madness inside...Let insanity and instinct take control!"
Taichii emitted an aura which is tainted pure black at the same time, a stream of dark wind explodes from Taichii's  position.
After a few moments... he returned back to normal.. A loud snore was let out again as taichii's mouth drools...
"fish vommit" Taichii sleep talks..

"Desperation"

Dokurider

February 01, 2012, 01:59:37 am #77 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:24:38 pm by Dokurider
Just as the girl refuses his aid, the boy suddenly explodes in darkness. Clayton thinks to himself, "Fuck, is he waking up? Well, it's not harming me, yet. I might be able to.." Clayton quickly throws some of his liquid onto the girl's cut up hands. He then immediately prepares his tranquilizer to resubdue the boy, but just as he readied himself, the darkness stops. The boy loudly snores, then mumbles. Sighing, he puts his liquid and tranquilizer away.

MysticKnightFF5

As the ruins had finally finished opening, I heard a gasp, and swung back. "Huh." I really...completely forgot that moogle has been here this whole time. Oh well. I turn back to Mira. I stare back at her, it's been a long day and night will be falling soon...
"We have to push on, you know we can't leave the gate opened like this... that'd be irresponsible of us, right?"
I nod. She learns way too quickly. Arel skips ahead of me to join Mira at her side, and I follow along at a calm walk, drawing my kiyomori and defender.
We walked for what seemed like hours through this single, long passageway. There were tests along the way, a waterfall to withstand and a monster to slay. Nothing too serious, just the usual tests for this sort of thing. Arel was, as I predicted, close to useless in both endeavors.
Poor Arel...doesn't know how this works... as he slams into the stone wall, I can't help but laugh. I can't believe he ran right into it!

Mira knelt down and petted it, after a playful snicker of her own. She waves a hand over him and a circle of divine healing forms underneath him, repairing his body, and to a smaller extent, empowering his muscles. She then places two hands on the door, and summons forth the Eiodolon of Lightness and Darkness. The enigma of free and raw magic.
The door lit up in a glow of green energy, showering bright energy so far as even the mouth of the cave, a mile or two away. However bright, it never hurt to look at.
And with that, the voice of the Contract who lives here, Undine, finally speaks. "You are a contractor, and may enter my domain for the final test." the voice was commanding and echoed throughout the cave.
"I am the Contractor Mira," she replies, and with that, we enter.

OOC:
For any who might follow us inside...
the first test is going down a 30 foot hallway while enduring a torrent of water (essentially a sideways waterfall :P)
And the second test is fighting a water dragon. Snake type body with ice breath and scales sharp enough to slice steel in two. Enjoy.
Third test is the door that can only be opened by a contractor who has made contract with the first Eiodolon.

DarkShade

February 01, 2012, 02:08:41 pm #79 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:45:40 pm by DarkShade
L gracefully stop right outside the forest on the hill. "Okay, I ready," he explains himself as he enters the forest. L had his hand on the katana searching for who might be lurking in the forest. He quietly tries to make his presence unknown while walking. He then hears a group of people talking. "I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine. And you didn't answer my question. What did Mama ever do to you, Not-the-Mama?" Then he hears someone else snore then mumbles. L looks around and then sees them. while L was behind some trees he was close to a little girl and saw a guy. He tries to see what is happening until he steps on a stick that makes a loud crackling sound. "Fuck, I hope they didn't hear me," L thought in his head hiding from them.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here