• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:49:28 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Super tutorial / Teamviewer support ?

Started by Kokojo, October 09, 2008, 05:40:57 pm

Kokojo

October 09, 2008, 05:40:57 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Sincerely, ive been trying to ''hack'' since some time, but i always run in some problems. I think things should be more clear, like making a very precise tutorial with all steps, examples and such.

I mean, i currently have 4 folders related to fft hacking, and its pretty much : Emulator, data, data, data, and ive got no idea how to implement back and such.

I mean, i can't post a topic for each of my questions, and i would like teamviewer support from someone that could help me out, or even msn support, whatever.

I am willing to write a bit of the tutorial myself...once i get the hang of it.

Suggesting particuly :
- How do i play FFT ?
  - Download a image, we won't tell you how to get it because its     illegal if you don't own the Cd
  - Or copy it from your Playstation 1. (i hear that... no idea how)
  - Where and how do i set up my emulator ?

- How do i edit sprites?
 - How to see sprites.
 - How to get the .bmp of sprites and change it (I can't find how to do it on this site)
 - Complete example with a basic sprites (ex turn Olivela hair dark) in steps. (I know there is a how to, but there is not example)

- How do i edit events ?
 - Discovery on events/list of things known.
 - How to implement back the changes ?
 - Complete example by changing a name or so in the first scene.

- What is Hex ?

You know, very precise and all that stuff, because im completly lost right now, i have no idea where to put back Test.evt once i made my changes.... and im sure many people stop because of that.

So maintly, it would be fun to have either a mega tutorial, or people helping out with stuff like teamviewer or screenshare.

Thanks.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Lydyn

October 15, 2008, 12:04:17 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
A lot of those answers can be found either in my own guides (in my signature, sticked in the Final Fantasy Tactics section), or by reading tutorials on PSX/PSP Emulator sites. The only one I see you cannot find out by a little searching would maybe be the event editing. It's almost self-explanatory though, so I'm not sure what trouble you are having.

As for Test.evt ... never heard of that extension on a FFT Patcher file. Only .entd1, .entd2, .entd3, & .entd4 ...

Zozma

October 15, 2008, 08:19:39 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
this isnt really the place for that question but test.evt is in the events folder
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!