• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 01:08:06 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The saddest thread

Started by Asmo X, August 04, 2010, 01:54:16 pm

Bastard Poetry

I'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence. I'm a reasonable chap.

I just think Voldemort deserves more respect than he's getting. If a mob were to corner Zodiac and demand that he explain/justify/apologize for banning someone who simply irritated him, he'd have the right to say, "This is my forum; go to hell." Whether or not you consider EVERY banning that has been done on this forum as justified doesn't change the fact that Zodiac can abuse his power all he wants. My question is: what makes Voldemort different? He deleted a bunch of topics out of rage, those topics have been restored, Arch's moderator account has been banned, Arch explained why he did what he did, Asmo called him on some of his reasons, he admitted (conceded, whatever) that he crossed the line and has chosen to accept his ban. Has he been completely graceful about it? No, but lines like "You will die alone" and "nothing of value was lost" aren't attempts to provoke an apology. It's alright to insult him over this one mistake, but if he fights back at all, he's being a whiny martyr?

I don't contribute much of anything to FFH these days, but I can't help but want to step in and point out bullshit when I see it. Voldemort is being held to a double standard here.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Kagebunji

Fuck, guys, it is his choice. Let him go away in peace, like he said.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Asmo X

BP, whenever a dramatic situation arises around here you come out of the woodwork with a long rambling speech that that doesn't make any sense. Why is this?

Anyway, this a legit send-off for a FFH legend. No one shit up the thread any more. Post your favourite Voldemort posts.

Bastard Poetry

Quote from: "Asmo X"BP, whenever a dramatic situation arises around here you blah blah are a stupid bladdyblah and I am super sex blah blah. Why is this?

Because I want your fluids.

Honestly, someone usually contacts me outside of FFH, gives me the scoop and asks me to stop by and lend my thoughts. You may not think much of them, but some people here appreciate that I offer some kind of neutral, rational perspective in the middle of all the shit-slinging you guys do here. It's like White Knighting except with some consideration for both sides--Gray Knighting.

Your method works too, though. I'm not going to pretend like I'm not in awe of Bipolar Knighting: Praise someone one minute, blast them a new pee-hole the next. I'm just not good at that.

Quote from: "Asmo X"Anyway, this a legit send-off for a FFH legend. No one shit up the thread any more. Post your favourite Voldemort posts.

Quote from: "Vamp"I'll have to consider it Voldemort, off to the mall, ill be back later tonight ^.^

Quote from: "Voldemort"i will await with throbbing internal (and external) organs

hint: heart
/note: 2nd head
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Patri

I'd have to say that Voldemort had the best avatar on FFH.

Except for Asmo. Ultimate Warrior is epic.
EDIT: that IS the Ultimate Warrior, right?

But that HURR DURR avatar always made me chortle.

Asmo X

Quote from: "Voldemort"
Quote from: "darthpaul"
Quote from: "Voldemort"the possibility for loopholes and corruption is possible in anything you could come up with, I think

but at least it's better than what we have now, which is horrible (even through something as small as misinterpretation of holy texts) even before you get into corruption

What we have now is a bunch of societies that prefer to act like children.

Loopholes already exist so why not go for a plan that makes people grow up.

You can't have an imaginary friend forever after all.

yeah

I just strongly believe we can do good without religion, humanity has many more things to aspire to

like lasers

philsov

Quote from: "kinneas123"Nooo I meant the point of having it actually hit twice (or more?) as 454Casull suggested.  I like new repeating fist.

"BRUURURURURURUuRTRBRUTBRTT"
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Oblivion

Farewell to a Legend... Voldemort

Quote from: "MagiTek the fucking attention whore bitch"Good then, I cannot wait to not get along.

I urge you to re-consider

not getting along with me can be an unpleasant experience
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

Kaijyuu

QuoteI'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence. I'm a reasonable chap.
Pretty much just what Asmo said about long paragraphs that don't go anywhere.

Quote from: "Asmo X"Anyway, this a legit send-off for a FFH legend. No one shit up the thread any more. Post your favourite Voldemort posts.
Righto.

Can't think of anything offhand, but I did like the christmas hat avatar. Maybe he was just lazy in changing it, but I always get in the christmas mood in the middle of summer for some reason.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

If Arch is not banned anymore, this topic is not funny

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

ffzman

Quote from: "Kaijyuu"
QuoteI'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence. I'm a reasonable chap.
Pretty much just what Asmo said about long paragraphs that don't go anywhere.

Righto.

Can't think of anything offhand, but I did like the christmas hat avatar. Maybe he was just lazy in changing it, but I always get in the christmas mood in the middle of summer for some reason.

You seem to like to swoop in and be the "mob" in a "mob mentality."

I don't like you.

Kaijyuu

Quote from: "ffzman"You seem to like to swoop in and be the "mob" in a "mob mentality."

I don't like you.
D:

I like you!

(actually I kinda noticed that too. I have an unhealthy fascination with drama and tend to voice my opinion in whatever seems the most "politically correct" way. Feel free to slap me with a trout if you see me doing it again)
  • Modding version: PSX

Asmo X

Either way Dome, I don't think Arch is coming back so this thread stands.

Apparently I'm a mob.

Shut the fuck up you idiots and post Voldemort quotes.

gojoe

I hate it when I miss shit like this happening. Well hopefully I'm  home for Christmas.

Oh yeah btw: Arch did some amazing stuff. I'll miss him and the shenanigans that were had. Just remember guys that no one is perfect and the decision to go is his alone.
I never learn from my mistakes.

Wiz

Voldemort: "ur gonna get rapeened'ed'"

That's some scary shit right there.

:more:  please

Red Fox

Why did I have to be a recent member? I could have been best friends with him and told him not to leave.

Asmo X

But it's probably for the best that he did leave. Did you see his insane rambling on the way out? Obviously this place was taking some sort of toll on him.

Wiz

Yeah I heard about it and read the conv. of the thread "time warp". His comments weren't "insane ramblings" as you call them but rather uncalled for as well as unnecessary.

If the masses were to agree w/ you on them being "insane", then yours were MENTAL tbh.

But that's here and there, BP summed it up saying he felt sad for what Arch did, and sorry for LD being victimized by his last comments in that thread.

When it comes to a full-time job in NYC, yeah  I agree it would take a toll. It's best to probably end this conv here since it's a week old. I shortly yet unintentionally revived it yes for the sake of posting my previous comment since you kindly requested it.

Asmo X

Why are all of you sub-30-post dipshits weighing in on this? And more importantly, why are you all rallying behind that moron BP and his indecipherable opinions? Look at that abomination at the top of this very page, for instance. Oh Zodiac COULD abuse his power so that's exactly the same as Voldemort actually doing it. What hypocrisy! I'm not sure I have a huge deal of sympathy for Voldemort after some of those last posts. I don't see why he slammed on LD like that for not listing each one of his achievements in microscopic detail. The point is, if you're new, shut the fuck up.

Wiz

To answer your first question it's for two reasons:
1. I can

And More Importantly
2. You posed the question "Did you see his insane rambling on the way out?"

To say "yes" may have satisfied you, but you stopping me from commenting on it because of the number of posts I made since I joined roughly three months ago is ridiculous. Even Arch said it was in the "Time Warp" thread

By the way, I discovered the existence of this website on January 2009, a little bit before or roughly when Arch posted his vid how to patch 1.3. I didn't join until this May because that's when I got the epsxe emulator up and running along with many other things. Not only that, but I first heard about this website in the summer of 2008 from Arch's wotg vids when it was under the name www.auritech.eu.

Point being, I'm not new so don't put words in my mouth and think before you type next time.

Second to last thing- I agree you're right w/ Zodiac being able to abuse his power as well, but the difference is he can do w.e. he wants since it's his website. If he (Zodiac) did that, a ton of people would've been turned off and left.

Lastly, all what I said was that BP summed it up the best (I agree with you on the specifics, just not the way you bluntly put it) meaning yes it's not hard to depict his "indecipherable opinion" as you call it.

I'm finished posting here, since arguing is going to lead to nowhere so yeah.