• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP 2nd - Beta Version Available for download!

Started by Celdia, December 25, 2012, 07:08:20 am

Celdia

December 25, 2012, 07:08:20 am Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 09:11:13 am by Celdia Reason: Update, upload patch fix, add fan art.
Current version is playable through the end of the main story. Infinite loading glitches at places like Orbonne and Goland (sidequests) should be fixed by now.

9/12/2021: Un-fucked the latest Fix patch. Removed the confirmed bugged one and uploaded a new version. See latest post for details.

Some classes have gotten serious rewrites and others just some tweaks here and there. There's a new job tree as well (see below) and I've implemented Xifanie's amazing Cross-Skip Hack so hold those X buttons and watch that  l i t t l e  m o n e y  just FLY by!

As always, this mod must be played via emulation. If anyone manages to get it working on any real hardware, I'd love to know about it.

I'll try to get some more updated info posted below sometime soon. Suffice to say, the information the rest of this thread is old and out-of-date.

- Some sprites will flicker/change color/change shape during story events. This is due to special animation frames having not been updated to match the new job sprites.
- The effects of stat-modifying skills are reset during battle when a unit levels up. This includes but is not limited to PA, MA, SP, Brave and Faith. This affects both buffs and debuffs.
- Weapon graphics in battle are not fully updated to their new designations. Some weapons may look strange when attacking but it shouldn't affect gameplay. (Some Guns, some Claws, probably a few others I'm forgetting)
- Monster animations are not properly set yet. Some skills may make sprites load strangely or vanish for a moment entirely.
- Critical hits with ranged weapon skills may knock a units back twice. The second move could put them in another unit's square or off the map entirely. This can render a battle unwinnable if it happens.
- The Brawler skill "Dolphin Kick" can cause a unit to appear to get 'stuck' in the air. When they next move or a friendly unit passes
through their square they will return to the ground.
- The Warrior's skill "Charge" can be set to hit a tile and then your unit can move. When the skill triggers after it's AT comes up, it will attempt to Direct strike the originally targeted tile. This can lead to amusing looking melee-weapon attacks hitting from many tiles away. Abuse it as you like, since the AI will definitely being doing the same. I hope to get this fixed in the future though.
- Mageknight skills and unique character Swordskills operate on a PA*WP+Y formula instead of the intended MA*WP+Y formula.
This should be fixed in the 9-12-21 patch
- If you play any of the side-quests in Chapter 4 or the Deep Dungeon you may run into unimplemented beta resources. Also, random battle ENTDs may contain strange/nonsensical enemy loadouts.
- Game Crashing Bug - Using Mustadio's "Sentry" skill without a valid target will softlock the game. I have no idea why this happens. I might look into fixing this one.

Also you could just watch this to see some of the more impressive malfunctions all in one video:
Breaking CCP with Kapilapis

Ooh, fan art! Courtesy of dointhangs. Thank you so much! ^_^

And this thing is still here:
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

December 25, 2012, 07:41:20 am #1 Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:06:51 am by Celdia
ALL INFORMATION BEYOND THIS POINT IS OUT-OF-DATE AND MAY NOT REFLECT THE CONTENT OF THIS BETA PATCH

Job Classes
The Warrior

The basic fighter. They lack the power to make use of magic skills, but they hit harder with weapons than other jobs by using their Patience skillset.
Equipment: Knife, Sword, Axe, Crossbow, Spear, Shield, Hat, Light Armor, Accessories

The Alchemist

The entry-level job to access magic, these Item-users bring a variety of healing, status restoration and inflicting skills to battle.
Equipment: Knife, Whip, Gun, Pole, Hat, Light Armor, Accessories

The Mime

Without equipment or skills of their own they make use of allies' skills by Mimicking those skills immediately after seeing them.
Equipment: None

The Bandit

Focusing on speed and deception, the Pillage skillset allows Bandits to rob enemies and disable them for an easy kill.
Equipment: Knife, Claw, Axe, Crossbow, Hat, Light Armor, Accessories

The Demagogue

Heavily armed and armored, Demagogues take hits for allies while using their Speechcraft skills to support allies.
Equipment: Sword, Book, Spear, Pole, Shield, Helmet, Heavy Armor, Accessories

The Butler

The gentleman of the battlefield, their Service skills can quickly reduce an enemy's usefulness.
Equipment: Knife, Axe, Whip, Hat, Crown, Light Armor, Cloth Armor, Accessories

The Green Mage

Using the varied Green Magic skillset, these mages will dispense buffs to allies and disable enemies with devastating impairments.
Equipment: Knife, Wand, Staff, Whip, Crown, Cloth Armor, Accessories

The Chef

Cooking on the battlefield can have a multitude of effects in small areas, from damage to healing to status recovery, each in an instant. Just make sure to bring enough Ingredients!
Equipment: Knife, Axe, Whip, Shield, Hat, Light Armor, Accessories

The Homemaker

Counterpart to the Butler, using Housecraft a Homemaker aids allies with a variety of powerful support skills. [Currently Incomplete - Pending special skill formulas]
Equipment: Knife, Axe, Whip, Hat, Crown, Light Armor, Cloth Armor, Accessories

The Gunslinger

Utilizing ranged weapons the Gunspinning skillset can destroy enemy equipment and stop enemies dead in their tracks from a distance.
Equipment: Knife, Gun, Crossbow, Hat, Light Armor, Accessories

The Champion

Holy warriors with heavy armor that hit hard and keep on coming. Using the Valiance skillset, their support skills will keep front-line fighters in top shape for fighting.
Equipment: Knife, Sword, Magic Sword, Axe, Spear, Shield, Helmet, Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Accessories

The Red Mage

Red Magic offers a hodgepodge of elemental damage, healing and status spells. Offers some of the most variety in area damage spells as well as some dangerous status spells.
Equipment: Knife, Magic Sword, Wand, Staff, Book, Hat, Crown, Light Armor, Cloth Armor, Accessories

The Enchanter

Using weapons and magic in tandem they can Imbue attacks with extra magic damage and special bad status effects.
Equipment: Wand, Gun, Crossbow, Longbow, Book, Crown, Light Armor, Cloth Armor, Accessories

The Tactician

Making use of disabling status effects to power their Strategy skillset, properly applied a single Tactician can change the entire flow of a battle.
Equipment: Wand, Longbow, Book, Pole, Hat, Crown, Light Armor, Accessories

The Hawknight

High-speed sky-bound warriors with a wide variety of equipment to choose from for melee or ranged combat. Their Hawkeye skillset allows them to reduce an enemy's stats to nearly nothing in no time.
Equipment: Gun, Crossbow, Longbow, Spear, Shield, Helmet, Hat, Light Armor, Accessories

The Brawler

A physical bruiser with special area attack skills with elemental properties, they lay on the pain with their Blitz skillset.
Equipment: Claw, Hat, Light Armor, Accessories

The Sorcerer

The ultimate in flexibility, this pure caster's Sorcery skillset varies by their equipped weapon from long range blasting to mid-ranged buffs, short range disables and melee-range super-powered recovery. They do it all, a little at a time.
Equipment: Wand, Staff, Book, Pole, Crown, Cloth Armor, Accessories

The Dragoon

The heaviest of heavy-hitters, the Dragoon comes with a pair of skillsets; Dragon Skill and Jump. Though they don't have many skills, they are all powerful.
Equipment: Claw, Sword, Spear, Shield, Helmet, Heavy Armor, Accessories

The Vanquisher

The most powerful option for area damage, the Mystic Tools they bring to battle can be used to single out one enemy or rain devastation on large sections of the battlefield.
Equipment: Knife, Axe, Whip, Book, Hat, Crown, Light Armor, Accessories

Job Temple

Monsters
Chocobo

High mobility support units. Different breeds provide healing, status recovery, magic damage and varied methods of transport.

Elemental

Mid-range elemental damage units. Each element has a different focus: Damage, Speed or Durability.

Goblin

Trained with skills of Brawlers, Red Mages or Green Mages, they use their skills at no cost, but lack the flexibility of human units.

Skeleton

Undead warriors with varied elemental area attacks along with a HP drain and melee attack skill.

Ghost

Undead units with powerful, short-range skills but very few hit points. They move through teleportation.

Minotaur

High-damage physical attackers that are highly resistant to weapon attacks. Not very mobile but terribly powerful.

Squid

Short-range units that can easily disable multiple units at once. Stronger breeds can auto-kill paralyzed units.

Tortoise

Hard-shelled, tanky and slow. Can berserk enemy units to draw them close and then unleash powerful attacks based on damage taken.

Esper

Relatively frail but powerful damage dealers with very long-range elemental damage skills. One breed can also heal from a distance.

Nephrite

I noticed that the sprites seem a little messed up in the storyline segments, most notably the Hokuten Knight in the l i t t l e m o n e y scene.

Is it intended that Green Mages can't equip body armor until Dorter?

Apologies if these are obvious questions since this is a beta.

Celdia

Well, in true Celdia Updating A Patch style, I've forgotten something on my initial release. I was fighting a hard drive that was convinced it was corrupted when trying to get this uploaded and that distracted me enough that I forgot to update the War Trophies for Chapter 2 story battles. >_< Will be updating the first post attachments in a minute with proper awards. You shouldn't need to restart your playthroughs unless you're past Dorter 2 [unless you want an end-game Axe weapon that you really shouldn't have yet...in which case, feel free to ignore this quick fix.]

Oh, and yes Nephrite, that decision with the Green Mage is intentional. There should be a Robe as a reward from Sweegy your GM can equip, but only the one by then.

dis astranagant

There also happens to be some piss for brains with a thunderbuss at dorter 2 raping my mans for 100 per shot.

Celdia

I thought I caught all the defaults on them. Sorry about that. Give me a few minutes and I'll post a new PPF with that set back to Random equipment like it should be.

Edit: Dorter 2 fixed. See first post for new PPF.

dis astranagant

December 26, 2012, 01:19:35 am #6 Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:38:46 am by dis astranagant
They all had pretty silly weapons but more or less normalish armor.  Wound up robbing and killing them and got your nice looking axe.

E: what's the point of prism sword when rainbow blade is the same in every way except that prism sword doesn't boost any elements?

Celdia

They're supposed to boost opposite sets of elements, like so.

Rainbow Blade - Strengthen: Fire, Lightning, Ice, Holy
Prism Sword - Strengthen: Water, Earth, Wind, Dark

If it doesn't say so then I probably just missed a line of text among the thousands I had to change. @_@

dis astranagant

December 26, 2012, 01:52:37 am #8 Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:00:36 am by dis astranagant
Ah.  It does, in fact, not say.

E: Why is the princess wearing a book as an accessory?

Celdia

The book is an experimental set up that I never properly tested. I just set it in hopes that having it would give her access to her skills. Her new skillset has all of the Sorcerer's Book- and Staff-required skills but I didn't want her to be dual-wielding them...so I put the book where it is. If she uses any Range 3 skills, then it's working as intended.

dis astranagant

Ah.  It worked, though really the only skill she needs is the one that makes her invisible >_>  Otherwise Gafgarog happily marches over and prevents her from doing anything but healing herself.

Mustadio's sentry seems to be described wrong.  It says its a persistent skill, but it seems to just to only go off once.

TigerKnee

Darn, I should have waited. Now I got to start over again. Maybe I'll FFTastic my save file but I guess it wouldn't be accurate feedback then.

dis astranagant

Maybe you should put a note in the sorcerer spells that they require books or staves.

Celdia

You know, I remember adding those once which makes me think I didn't save when I was working on that part.
Quick reference on Sorc spells is the spell range gives away the weapon for them. Staff: Range 1, Pole: Range 2, Book: Range 3, Wand: Range 5.

Nephrite

December 26, 2012, 01:01:33 pm #15 Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:16:03 pm by Nephrite
I'm not sure if this applies to other Pillage skills, but I can use Steal Helmet on a character with no helmet.

EDIT: The Fitting Room doesn't seem to function. When selected, it simply says "Who wants to try it on?" then closes out of the shop.

formerdeathcorps

The Fitting Room "bug" is deliberate so people don't duplicate items with the fitting room.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Celdia

I wasn't aware that's how that hack worked. That's good to know. I think I'd rather allow the duplication trick than I would like to disable the fitting room so I'll likely undo that hack.

dis astranagant

December 26, 2012, 08:02:47 pm #18 Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:43:22 pm by dis astranagant
Not sure I'm gonna bother with Sorcerer much.  A lot of fiddly shit for some single target buffs and a few really expensive single target nukes.  2400 jp to learn them all is rather excessive, too.

E:  perhaps non-chocobo monsters need some better movement.  3/3 melee units are completely non-threatening when my whole team moves at least 5/3 (often 5/5 because I'm grinding out the last few classes at bariaus hill) and there's chocobos running around with 9/3.

RavenOfRazgriz

How does 2400 constitute "a lot" of JP to learn the Action Abilities of a class for...?

Pending your region and platform, Job Level 8 is 2100/3000 JP, and most Jobs in Vanilla cost 2500 and upwards of 8000 or more JP to Master.  2400 JP for the Action Abilities for a class with 16 skills is pretty low honestly.  :|