• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:43:02 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Souls of Destiny: Full 4 chapter update patch

Started by CONMAN, November 15, 2012, 10:37:44 pm

CONMAN

Made a tiny patch update (4.41) to fix an issue with how often the martial arts master can be re-battled.

Currently working on a big hill top map for an eventual end game super battle!
  • Modding version: PSX

twigglypuff

This mod looks amazing btw. Just quick question, hows the difficulty of this mod when compared against the vanilla experience and compared against FFT 1.3?

Is it like a fine inbetween?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

CONMAN

On average, I would say it's a little easier than vanilla.  For anyone that has already played the original, a lot of tactics and understanding already carries over. It certainly has some difficulty spikes and some of the side quests are fairly tough.

manofinfamy

December 09, 2022, 09:57:19 am #163 Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 10:35:58 am by manofinfamy Reason: mispelling/user error
So first off, long time lurker, first time poster. I've been watching videos of all these mods and I have been intrigued by SoD it looks like an awesome game and I'm excited to try it after playing through wotl for the 100 time. So after reading a ton on how to put this all together, I finally figured out how to get the bios and patch the rom. Game runs, goes through to the first scene where Connor and family are talking and then goes to a loading screen and the sound freezes, I've let it sit for 10 mins to see if it was just the sound frozen or a bug but I can't get past that loading screen.

I'm using OpenEmu as that has been the only thing that worked on my mac, and inputs, video and sound all look right and work, just not sure if this is common on macs or any suggestions?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

Unfortunately, I don't have any clue on mac emulators.  I would say it's worth trying out another rom to fresh patch. Just in case there might have been something off with it.  Otherwise, I would suggest asking in the Hacktics Discord.

manofinfamy

Thanks man, apprecate your work and hopefully I can do a full play through!

oskyll

man, i really like this mod, but i saw some nice chars around the game, and i really want to get them to play ? is there a way ?

Geramel

December 10, 2022, 05:55:33 am #167 Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 06:14:53 am by Geramel
I've played for a few hours now and I am loving it. One question the fights all seem to be the same based on area. Like mandalia plains is always a group of squires. Is this intentional? Also status healing items are causing status effects instead of curing them. Antidote causes poison eye drops cause sleep.

CONMAN

Quote from: oskyll on December 09, 2022, 10:42:11 pmman, i really like this mod, but i saw some nice chars around the game, and i really want to get them to play ? is there a way ?

There are quite a few flavorful npc's around that you can't invite.  You do get some pretty interesting characters, especially through side quests.  I have had enough people ask this and it makes me feel like I should allow a few more unusual characters into the party.

Quote from: Geramel on December 10, 2022, 05:55:33 amI've played for a few hours now and I am loving it. One question the fights all seem to be the same based on area. Like mandalia plains is always a group of squires. Is this intentional? Also status healing items are causing status effects instead of curing them. Antidote causes poison eye drops cause sleep.

Mandalia plains was sort of set up like that to speed up grinding, especially for generic characters.  The idea being that most the squires there have most squire skills learned and crystal farming would be beneficial.  I actually hoped to minimize grinding by having all characters possess innate gained jp-up and increasing the jp rewards for all propositions.

I could have sworn that I fixed the antidote->poison issue. I will have to review the items.  If you can report any other bugs that would be appreciated!

Geramel

Ahh that makes sense. I'll report any bugs I find

Arashim

Hi, Thank you for your hard work. I have been playing this mod for a while and I am really enjoying this so far.
I don't know if its a known bug I tried to look it up here and couldn't find anything.
Might not be a priority but thought I'd mention it.
Basically I tried to delevel my character using the Mindflayer "drain level" skill but when using the monster skill ability on Mindflayer, his "drain level" skill doesn't appear instead he get copy of the of his skill "Aqua Blast"

Again thanks for the hard work and the awesome game, its so much fun replaying the but with some changes.
  • Discord username: Arashim

CONMAN

At first glance, it looks like I intended to remove the "level down" for a different water attack.  I will take another look and make an adjustment.  I fixed the issue brought up Geramel, but waiting to release another update for a little bit.  I was intending to add a couple more side quests and can't release an update with a half finished quest.

Arashim

December 23, 2022, 05:07:54 pm #172 Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 07:32:21 pm by Arashim
Alright, no problem, no rush I was simply mentioning something I noticed.  I can always use the trap for deleveling anyway.

There is also another bug that is kinda hard to explain, it happened 2 or 3 times, I'll try to take screenshot when it happen next time.

Basically it happen when I tried to use haste or esuna, what happen is instead of having the right animation for the spell, you get a weird sphere of magic surrounding the characters THEN the right animation happen BUT the right animation happen somewhere else (not on the characters) on the map and at the end both magic fail work. So there was 2 animations for each spell, one wrong and the right one not hitting at the right place and both spell failed to work as intended.

It happen before I decided to write on the board that's why I that time I didn't think about taking any screenshot.
I'll get it next time

Edit:
Just tested it out, it was in fact reflect which it weird cause I never use reflect
lol been playing for over 10 years and never happen to me (never used reflect thats why I didnt recognize the animation lol).

CONMAN

Quote from: Arashim on December 23, 2022, 05:07:54 pmAlright, no problem, no rush I was simply mentioning something I noticed.  I can always use the trap for deleveling anyway.

There is also another bug that is kinda hard to explain, it happened 2 or 3 times, I'll try to take screenshot when it happen next time.

Basically it happen when I tried to use haste or esuna, what happen is instead of having the right animation for the spell, you get a weird sphere of magic surrounding the characters THEN the right animation happen BUT the right animation happen somewhere else (not on the characters) on the map and at the end both magic fail work. So there was 2 animations for each spell, one wrong and the right one not hitting at the right place and both spell failed to work as intended.

That's weird. That sounds like they had the reflect status and bounced those spells off of them.

It happen before I decided to write on the board that's why I that time I didn't think about taking any screenshot.
I'll get it next time

Arashim

Happy Holidays, hope everyone is taking some time to off and relax. Wasn't sure if it was a good idea the post now but I figured it was better to do it now then lose and interest
and move on.

**** Quest Spoiler Below ****

Has anyone encountered the bugs in Goug machine city at the the beginning of chapter 4 with the Iron man quest? There is a lot of bug in the 2 battles there, at the end of the second battle the main character is reverted at worst then beginning level where he loses name, stats jobs and so on.

I play on Duckstation and Im over 50 hours in.

I can do a more detailed post if you need of all the bug I noticed in that quest

CONMAN

I believe I had heard of this once and wasn't able to replicate it, but I do have an idea now.  The MC is forced into the battle like a guest, but there are 3 different versions of the MC. A chapter 1, a chapter 2/3 and a chapter 4.  They each are separate in the game's code.  This side quest pops up during the third chapter... I was wondering if you played this during the 4th chapter? 

One way or another I believe there is an error with a load formation/save formation set up for this battle.

Arashim

December 27, 2022, 11:08:48 am #176 Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 07:37:16 pm by Arashim
Yes I was on Chapter 4 when I got to that quest, Dam I could have gotten that character in chapter 3?? I wanted to see if Cloud was still recruitable but got stuck there, had to backtrack to level up Mustadio from level 30 to like 60 to finish because I had to pretty much solo both battle with only him.

Kinda stuck now, can never go back there, wanted Cloud but super happy to know we could recruit the other character but then...

Like I said, your game is super fun to play as I tried another mod yesterday, I realized that your mod kept the core of the gameplay while adding diffilcuty and some new stuffs.

CONMAN

I appreciate the feedback Arashim!  If you see any more bugs or have any notes, I would love to have them!

erish

Hello CONMAN! Happy new year 2023!
Your mod is really great! It's just I have some problem with it. The status screen of characters like Chelsea's job isn't showing properly..it showed as "free?kCwidinal", beatrix's job showed as "summoner"? and there are other weird words too.. Did I install this wrongly? I used ppf-o-matic3 to install it like other mods.

I also have a request, could you share the BATTLE folder(where all spr is stored), UNIT.BIN, WLDFACE.BIN, WLDFACE4.BIN of the soul of destiny 4.41 mod here? There's some sprites and unit portraits from soul of destiny that I'd like to play with some other mods!

I tried extracting the content myself using CDMAGE but were given error "File length doesn't match sector boundary".

Thanks CONMAN!

CONMAN

It sounds like I added too much text in my most recent patch update.  I will try to have this fixed shortly.  I seem to be always on the edge of having too much and it causes names to be bumped down the line. 

I will try to have the update posted and see if I can assemble a file for the sprites and such in a zip.  Hopefully I should have this set by tomorrow.