• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:08:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

CCP - Battle Logs

Started by Wiz, June 24, 2011, 02:50:07 pm

Celdia

Wow. o_o  I am totally blown away by all you have to say TigerKnee. Let me try to just cover a few of the iffy things through your last few posts.

Wands: They're supposed to be doing MA*WP. 3-5 damage is exceedingly low damage.

Death Ward: The hit% on this is supposed to be a fair bit higher. The only thing I can think of for why its so low is its using both a Faith and MA based formula which should yield around 45%-50% even on average Faith units with neutral compat...unless I'm completely missing something.

Rafa/Malak: I feel I should apologize for these two since their skillsets were kind of hastily thrown together when I was far too tired. There will be some rebalancing on them in the future.

Elmdor: His Blood Suck skill did get purposely changed to that Berserk/Undead combo because of the DD fight with the 'Vampire' which pretty much turned any unit in your team into a vampire-destroying, 999-damage dealing machine. Half of MP on the helm not working is something I'll have to mention to pokeytax for his ALMA workbook.

Zalera: So...you liked the Zalera fight then? XD  *hides*
-> Topaz: That should hit a WHOLE lot higher than 25%. I mean, like 100%. Those skills shouldn't be able to hit lower than that.

Cursed Ring: Yeah...its not supposed to do that.
-> Enhancer: This is another AI Only item that you're not intended to be able to actually win for your party. If that Immune: Treasure trick isn't working though I may have to rethink my entire plan with these items.

Meliadoul: She had her skillset modified a bit to function as a Blue Mage in addition to her Mighty Sword skills. She can learn an odd variety of skills, up to and including both Flare 2 and Zodiac.

I've gotta run for now. I'll try to post a bit more later.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Joseph Strife

Hi Celdia, i downloaded your patch and started playing it, i'll give somes reports here as soon as finish the chapters (onde report for each chapter)
the patch is complete, but i think refining and correcting some eventual bugs or thinking over on how to make it better are worth of it.
Btw, i've already played somes matches and i realy loved the new job/class system, i can feel the fft adiction running through my veins! :twisted:
Your sprites are just PERFECT, i lover what ive so far, i'll post later once i finish ch. 1  :)
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Wiz

July 05, 2011, 08:51:20 pm #22 Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:36:10 pm by Wiz
heh, here's a few of them :D

Celdia's COMPLETE Patch part 3

Celdia's Complete Patch part 4

Celdia's Complete Patch part 5

Bonus Vid

That'll be it for a bit, gonna go back in Kick 1.3's ass and then return.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

TigerKnee

Well, I opened up Meliadoul's skillset and took a look because I had absolutely no idea she was supposed to be a blue mage. I mean, it's not entirely obvious and I was just confused that she started with a Choco cure.

Still, Blue Magic in FFT has an innate problem in that monsters have exponential MA growth while humans... don't. Which is a problem because a lot of the damage formulas are linear. Also starting with terrible job levels is a candidate for not being used at Chapter 4. That being said, let's see the skillset.

Choco Cure: The formula is MA * 3. I'm going to use a (probably generous) MA of 10 at Chapter 4 levels but that gives you a 30 HP heal at point blank range. Mantra with a lower range and no MP heal.

Self Destruct: On a human... this does have potential in a sandbagging match since I believe the damage formula is MaxHP - CurHP. Oven Mitts even exist to protect your own teammates from the blast.

Ice Soul: MA * 3 as a formula for healing is terrible. MA * 3 as a formula for single-target damage (albeit one at range) is much worse.

Look of Devil: Hmm, random Petrify, Darkness, Silence, Don't Move or Don't Act. Darkness loses out in this list but all the rest are probably good. Well, Don't Move isn't as great as the rest in the patch due to the abundance of ranged attacks I guess. Passable... wait, success rate is 35% + MA which means around 45%... that cuts down a lot.

Leaf Dance: What, really? It's our best friend MA * 3 again, except with Turn Punch range. With zero vertical tolerance. Um, not usable.

Flare 2: Well, I don't know if you can learn it in the Zalera fight and whether it will appear when Meliadoul joins you after the battle... it just seems too hard by the fact that Meliadoul isn't under your control or will probably die to the Flare 2 casting.

If you can't learn it in the Zalera fight then copy and paste my Zodiac entry. Otherwise... well, this isn't really a monster skill with a faith-based formula instead of linear so it is... actually good.

Zodiac: Bragging rights reward.

I would keep Look of Devil and Self Destruct for actual tactical worth, Flare 2 and Zodiac can stay but the rest needs reworking.

Celdia

Yeah, Meliadoul is another one that is in a not-quite-finished state of existence like Rafa and Malak. Those skills will eventually get overhauled to make them more effective but that will come with an updating of the monsters as well.

TigerKnee

Equipment Rundown

As a general note, in this patch, the Attack command sucks, except possibly on Gunslingers, whose skillset are basically Attack + added effect. Guns also happen to be entirely free of special abilities, which basically doesn't come into play if say you're using an Enchanter + Bow/Crossbow.

I think it's because of the lack of support abilities. Two Swords is now Two Guns, meaning only Gunslingers benefit from that (already made that exception above), while Doublehand is stuck all the way at the top of the tech tree in Mystic Knight... who probably won't benefit from it because he's holding a Knightsword for their huge WP.

Even if you push Doublehand earlier, there's still the fact that a lot of weapons are forced Two-Hands compared to vanilla and I really don't think they need to be, such as Spears and Poles, but I'll get to those individually. Doublehand also doesn't allow two chances of procs the way Two Swords does but I suppose that can't be helped.

There's also Attack Up which happens to also affect special abilities. People usually don't use it for getting a bonus to the Attack command though it is a nice bonus. Same thing with Concentrate.

Now, the item analysis, by weapon groups.

Knives: Not a good formula, especially on a slow class like Cooks. No outstanding special abilities. Throwing Knives are cool, but see what I said about the attack command and probably comes way too late. Overall a weak weapon group overall.

Bandit Knives: Same formula as knives. The three proc weapons might actually be TOO useful if you get lucky with it, which I don't quite like. Mighty Sword doesn't work on monsters though... Dead does (unless they're Skeletons)

I don't think the non-Proc weapons are worth anything though. Up their weapon guard evasion some more or something. Shrug.

I say the biggest reason I'm not using these is because I believe they're Bandit-only (are they?), and Bandits can equip crossbows too.

Swords: This is interesting. The class has quite a few handy defensive options, such as Immunizer, Guardian Sword and Heretic Blade. Not sure whether you would count Kusanagi as a "defensive" weapon but it does have Speed + 1 and I don't normally hit stuff with it...

On the offensive side, it's a bit poor. Ignoring all the weapons with no procs, Slick Blade has a terrible one, and Slow is a good proc on bosses but not quite on mooks. If you're fighting a boss you generally want a MUCH more consistent way of inflicting Slow on them.

There is ONE really good offensive sword though. The fluffy bunny can either be used as the highest power 1 handed weapon at 12 WP with a shield... or you can use it as essentially a 24 WP power for the Attack command (though low WP means weaker Enchants or Swordskills, who still want Knightswords.) It's a really interesting weapon both for use and in design flavour.

You get it as a War Trophy too which means you don't have to go out of your way for it. Though the guide says only Bethla South gets it. Does that mean you don't get it if you go North? That would be... silly.

Knight Swords:
Extremely good.

Knightswords have giant WP making them good for formulas involving them. They innately give you a 25% bonus damage since they strengthen their own element (in vanilla you would need to equip a Black Robe to pump your Ice Brand or a 108 gems) and also allow you to boost a blitz skill that you like. If that isn't enough, the later weapons come with great status conditions. Stonecutter has Innate Protect, Queen's Guard has innate Shell (great for surviving those pesky Warlocks) and Soul Cutter has innate Immunity (great for Altima, probably would be great for Hashmal if he actually used Fear)

Oh, they do make you weak to an element. The enemy doesn't seem very capable of taking advantage of that though, especially something like Fire which usually requires you to come within melee range.

Axe: They don't use random damage formula anymore, joy! I think the shop unlocking is a little screwed since I saw Labrys show up before Icewolf Axe.

Seems like an okay weapon group. Starmetal Axe has strategic uses even. I'm probably just not using these more because of class access... any class with access with Knightswords is pretty much going to use those. So that leaves... Vanquisher I guess?

Wands: Well, they are bugged... but still, you don't use the attack command as a mage except in desperate measures. As far as special abilities goes, well, they're just about the same as they were in vanilla. So they're good.

Staves: The ones without special abilities suck, being a weapon that can only be equipped by mages that is melee range. I'm not a big fan of Mop Handle either.

Still, there are a wide variety of decent special abilities in this set, even though some of them are outclassed by their Wand counterpart (the +1 MA staff). Cadaceus probably needs a buff as well, due to the fact that Distribute doesn't trigger if you heal yourself.

Whip: Ahhhh random damage weapons KILL IT WITH FIRE! Granted, the formula is more consistent in this patch.

Morningstar says it has +2 PA in the master guide but it only has +1 in-game. Could have made Vanquisher a carrier for Blitz but oh well.

Never used the top end weapons. Though I probably wouldn't use Vamp Killer for my undead killing needs. I'll just throw Phoenix Downs. Shocking Lash and Flame Whip don't quite impress me either with the lack of 108 gems or Black Robes available but this is theory.

Guns: Guns are... still guns. I think Rifles actually unlock faster than Arquebuses which makes you go from 25 damage to 49.

The elemental ones are lamer than their vanilla counterpart though. Mustadio can change his element to Holy if you run into a Bomb while wielding the Inferno or something but when would Frostbite and Thunderclap EVER get any use considering where you have to be to steal those guns? Hashmal, Ultima Demons and Altima aren't weak to said elements...

Crossbows: You can copy paste what I said about the 2 bandit knives weapons, except that these are ranged and have the gun formula so you can twink for Speed.

If you poach the Scorpion Sting this group gets a LOT better.. I wonder if it's the common drop on the cocatoris or if I just got lucky with the rare poach.

Bow: Another speed formula weapon. Like I mentioned, in FFT, the enemy will generally have a better starting position. With Two Guns existing, guns are usually the favoured ranged weapons.

That being said, there are certain places where guns are just terrible because of giant mountains blocking your way or something where Bows can shine. Still...

Tomes: Well, this is just about the worse formula in the game because what class has a high PA and MA at the same time that can also equip books? I dunno.

Chocobo Tome allows classes access to healing if they have some other way to kill enemies but I don't think it scales very well. And there's a Shock tome? Isn't that MaxHP - CurHP formula? I don't think I have enough balls to use a physical attack for a 25% chance when I'm low on HP instead of healing!

The rest doesn't seem that worth it compared to just about every other ranged weapon which have better range.

I never got the Panther Tome or the Archaic Tome (might want to check the War Trophies list again) so I can't comment on the higher end tomes.

Spears: The fact that one of the spears is 1H instead of 2 is interesting, though shields aren't great yet at that point of time but most spears are just about empty in terms of special ability. I believe only the Don't Act spear is any good. I mean, the Angelic Lance does extra to a grand total of Dycedurg, Rofel and Altima 2 (not counting the undead which deals to Phoenix Down anyway and are extremely easy).

If you're lucky using Spears you can catch two people with it, but that doesn't happen THAT often. Other than that, not a lot of characters have Counter as their reaction either, meaning the advantage of a 2 range keeping you "safe" from counters is lost.

Without Jump, the ability to equip a shield or Doublehand this weapon class is lacking.

Poles: The negative poles fills a niche to enable the Tactician class (if it worked). The normal poles are just lame though. It doesn't pierce like Spears so the 2 range attack means even less than spears and like Spears they're 2 handed which they probably shouldn't be. Poles were passable in vanilla because Yin-Yang didn't benefit much from MA boosters and can't damage anyone directly (well, Drain technically can but...) so it fills a role for them. All MA-based classes in this patch has some form of attack which would rather benefit from an MA boost I think.

Just like Spears, the inability to doublehand them (Oracles didn't benefit from MA up or Short Charge as much as other classes did) or equip a shield hurts them.

Armor
Heavy Armour: High HP, immunity to status effects of varying usefulness, scales better than Vanilla.

Magic Armour: The lower ones are really terrible, with their MP bonus too low to give you even more than 1 casting of whatever you want to use.

It gets slightly better when Half: Element starts showing up but unfortunately the one I really want unlocks way too late (that would be the Half: Lightning armor, which would have stopped my guys from being killed from Storm Ring if it unlocked earlier.) A lot of times it's not really relevant unless you get lucky and have an enemy Warlock spawn with the exact same element you are halving.

Helmet: Viking Helmet stands out for being a 100 HP equip with a +1 PA. Amaterasu Helm would be amazing if it worked. I can't remember anything else but still, those show up pretty early and are good.

Hats: Really terrible until the end where Balk's Wind Wrap shows up. Otherwise they give some really low gains and no special abilities I can think of.

Crowns: Sort of like Hats with reverse HP/MP ratio. MP is more valuable than HP if it doesn't get you one hit KO'd though and Jade Hairpins show up rather early for a quick MA+1 boost.

Light Armor: Lots of special abilities that make them worth using, such as Gained JP Up or Enhance. Camouflauge Clothes +1 speed is also good. About the only one I don't like is Noble Clothes, which gives... Secret Hunt, a 100 JP ability late in the game? It unlocks after said +1 Speed clothes too and is double the price which... huh.

But compared to Helmets/Hats, Light Armor turned out pretty decent.

Accessories: A bit of a mixed bag... I like a lot of the ones that give you skills, such as the Magnifier, even though I don't memorize Move-Find items but I think a lot of people would.

But a lot of them are to be honest, not very useful. Any enemy unit who is silly enough to wear a Time Egg basically gets a Venom at him and I can't think of many situations where enemies cast Stop on me (living with Slow is acceptable)

Also Maiden's Charm. Do you ever fight enemy Cooks past a certain point? Will they live before they can use Fowl Play 3 times to turn you in a chicken? It probably had some use in the past when Champions had Intimidate... maybe. I never actually played those versions.

Same with Frog. Flowing Strike is the most common way I've been frog because Red Mages don't show up past a certain point in the plot too, and that doesn't seem like a good use of said accessory. Maybe if you added Half: Water to it...

Oven Mitts for some reason seem like it should be a lot better than it worked out for me, being a very early source of Cancel: Fire. I wonder why I never used it.

The most common accessories I've used are Red Boots (Move + 1 is always good... unless you have Dash), Fresh Herbs (it's basically innate Move HP up), PA + 1 and PA + 2, MA + 1 (I never got a chance to steal the upgraded version, which only adds some magic evasion. It is nice I guess but not something I would kill for.)

Running Shoes is pretty nuts and helps anyone who doesn't rely on stats (Alchemist, Gun users) for "playing tag". You can probably kill an opposing gunslinger or something before he can go "What the hell?" with your double turn straight off the bat. It is limited in availability though I suppose.

Sometimes I wear the high end mantles if I know I'm up against Gunslingers but the lower end mantles are not mathematically useful.

I think a lot of the niche defensive accessories (the ones that defends against status especially) needs a look at. If there was an accessory list I could go over all of them but the Master guide only has weapons so that's all I remember.

Poach notes: A lot of poaches need to be redone. Getting something like potions is lame, although it saves you some money I suppose but quite a lot of poaches are... Chapter 2 unlockable equipment. There's no need to buy a Red Hat for half the price at Chapter 3 when the fur shop is unlocked...

Author

July 08, 2011, 08:54:14 pm #26 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:55:00 pm by Author
Alright, battle log. Elmdor, here we go.

Restarted: 12 Times
Save States: Countless (Ramzor needed to steal on the FIRST try. Other than that, no.)

Pre Battle Set Up:

Battle opened, and Elmdor almost ALWAYS went four spaces forward and cast Flowing Strike on Agrias and the Sentinel (My Ghaele with Champion sideset. Ghaele is fully mastered, Champion has all the Action Commands. And Equip Shield.) When he didn't, I reset. RNG Scumming is NECESSARY if you plan on stealing all of his items. All of them. Gallows (Warlock with all Red Mage Actions) goes next, because of her Running Shoes. She teleports into the corner directly to her left, and casts the Ice elemental Warlock ability, which takes 5 turns to take affect. I then would proceed to wreck Lede and Celia, because they wanted to cast some spell. (They never actually got it off, I'm just that awesome.) Celia tries to cast some spell, and Lede Shadow Stops Ramzor. With Ramzor stopped,  Memories (Lapidary with all Action Speechcrafts) would go. She has teleport, so she ports to the line of Sentinel, Agrias, and Ramzor, and uses Emerald, negating stop and any other silly effects that Celia and Lede could use. Immunize not only negates the effects for the future, but it removes them if you were affected, which is why I love it so damn much. With that negated, it's Ramzor's turn. He proceeds to slam C&L for 240 damage, thanks to Attack Up and having the Holy Avenger equipped. He used Burning Blade, hitting them both, killing Lede. Then, the Ice Warlock spell hits, blasting Celia. Unfortunately, only then does Lede turn into an Ultima Demon, and after Agrias goes (Hitting Lede with Flowing Strike, praying for a frog. Spoiler alert: it doesn't proc.) Celia turns into one as well. Then it's the Ghaele's turn, so he goes and bonks Lede for 180 damage, killing her. Then Elmdor goes, but he does what he always does: Flowing Strike. Thanks to Immunize, nothing procs.

Hits Agrias for 114 damage, though. Thanks to C&Ls newly demised state, Ramza goes once more. He nicks Elmdor's accessory with countless reloads of savestates, and cuts Elmdor's damage down a notch. Then Sentinel bonks Elmy, because I want to be able to oneshot him once i steal all his stuff. This works marvelously, until Elmy decides "Lolaggravate", and Blood Sucks Agrias. Compliments to Cel for making Bloodsuck even more annoying. Undead, Berserk, AND Blood Suck? Ramzor steals his shield, and Sentinel uses Remove Disease to get rid of undead. Elmy proceeds to kill Gallows with a wack to the head, and I ignore her for a bit because i don't need her right then. Sentinel teleports to Elmdor and tries to whack him, and misses. Ramzor goes again, steals his helmet this time around. Sentinel and Ramzor just chilled together, cause they were like total bros. Just one diagonal square across from the other. Ramzor opened his mouth to say something to Sentinel and...

Then Elmdor kills him with a Flowing Strike to the face. I kinda shrieked at that point, because he had killed my main status remover. Fortunately, Memories is next, and she uses Speak Of The Dead to revive both Sentinel and Gallows, who were in the perfect position to proc without hitting either Celia or Lede. Some pointless shit happens (Agrias attacks him cause of Berserk and misses horribly), and then Gallows ports up once more to shoot off a Heal spell, restoring a fuckton of HP. Ramzor's turn, steals his armor. This is the point where Elmy's completely out of MP, so he Blood Sucks Agrias. Again. I just ignore her, it's too much fuckin' work to fix right now. Gallows turn, haste ends, and she readies an Esuna for Agrias. Elm's turn, he tries to smack Sentinel.

Sentinel says "Oh hells no," and Hamedos him in the face. 70ish HP remaining. Memories does more fucking around, teleports out of the way so she doesn't get hit with a Blood Suck.

That would totally blow. Ramzor's turn once more, and he steals Elmdor's sword. Elmy now has nothing, because I stole everything.

Pics, or it didn't happen.

And then it was Gallows turn, and she hit him with an Eldritch Blast to the face.

That was my entire Elmdor 2 fight. It was a huge bitch to steal all his shit, but oh god it is gonna be SO WORTH IT.

TigerKnee

Eh, Masamune is decent for its +1 Speed, helmet would be great if it worked (but it doesn't, so it's just an equipment with lower HP and MP gains than usual), and all the rest are honestly quite medicroe.

Celdia

If it counts on anything I'm working on another update patch that'll fix the helmet. >.>

Lady Ladile

I'm most of the way through Chapter 1, having just finished up Miluda 2 a few minutes ago.  As of right now, I'm just focusing on Ramza and his four generic friends Estellise, Freeman, Janus, and Artemisia; depending on what the trio know at the start of Chapter 2, I may train them up as well.

So far I've not had any major trouble with any specific battle, though Miluda 1 took me a couple of tries due to the three Brawlers beating the crap out of my team before they could do much of anything.

General observations:

Enemy Enchanters are *annoying* with their status attacks
Enemy Brawlers will punch your face in or hit you with a hadoken
Playing defensively seems important in this patch, at least at the start
I like how status effects are designed to play a much more prominent role in battle

I'm kinda letting Ramza (melee), Estellise (melee), and Janus (magic) play around with different classes to see what works well, while Freeman (melee) and Artemisia (magic) are sticking with Nomad and Red Mage for the time being.  At this point, I'd say that Artemisia is the team's MVP.

Current classes open: Warrior, Butler, Homemaker, Nomad, Brawler, Champion, Bandit, Red Mage, Alchemist, Tactician, Demagogue, Lapidary

I'll post more as I'm able :)

Celdia

Let Artemisia segue into Champion for a little bit and you'll get all those tasty status effect skills from Enchanter for yourself. ^_^

Lady Ladile

Yeah, I fully intend to do that  :mrgreen:

Lady Ladile

Small update, have cleared up through Zaland so far:

Windmill Shed, and to a lesser extent Zeakden, were stopping blocks until I opted to go delevel myself a little bit (from ~12ish down to ~9ish) and changed up my strategy somewhat.  Finally won Windmill Shed by launching an all-out offensive on Wiegraf once he moved close enough, though I also had Delita walk up and OHKO the closest enemy Enchanter just because I could.  Zeakden on the other hand, was won by playing very defensively and hiding my guys behind the fort and picking them off one-by-one.  I finally got tired of the one Champion and his Faerie Dust trolling and started giving them a dose of their own medicine  :twisted:

Haven't had any trouble with the Chapter 2 battles so far, though Agrias and Gaf make a pretty big difference as well.

Enchanters are fun; definitely going to make use of the skillset though I may change the base class.
Still enjoying Red Mages (I tend to favor magic classes in most games).
Torero and Vanquisher are open now so I need to check them out!

Celdia

A note on battles like the Windmill Shed: When the goal is to defeat just a single unit I've tried to make the whole battle a lot more overwhelming so that focusing on that one unit is the best way to move on - though around here a lot of people like to kil absolutely everyone in those fights which is why I made them a bigger challenge. 

Since you're almost there, I'll give you a heads up: One of the best accessories in the game is at the Golgorand Execution Site - bring your Move Find Item skill and good luck! ^_^

Lady Ladile

Finally got some more time to play today and finished up Chapter 2!

Golgorand took me a bajillion tries (or maybe just several) before things finally went my way and I was able to win.  I don't really like to do it, but I made heavy use of sandbagging here while I slowly whittled the enemies down.  The Vanquishers were mostly just there, but the Champions with Mystic Knight skills and the Demagogues were *extremely* annoying.

Lionel Castle Gate...actually took one try; I guess the AI must've felt bad for me here because none of the enemies outside the gate really did much of anything.  The three Toreros must not have had much to work with because they either did nothing or flailed uselessly with their whips.  They did bunch up rather nicely, allowing my Loremaster to nuke them though  :mrgreen:

Queklain has a lot of hitpoints, which I believe I read about earlier.  This one took a few tries as well, but I mainly won by sandbagging the units that he'd Death Sentence and taking potshots as needed.

Stretch

October 12, 2011, 08:04:44 pm #35 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:26:21 pm by Stretch
I can't find the accessory at the Execution site... it doesn't help that every enemy seems to be equipped with magnifiers... Did you move the item location?

Nevermind, I found it. Anyway, Golgorand is a good battle. The castle gate is giving me problems though. The Toreros keep berserking Ramza in their first move. Instant game over. This happens a LOT.
Yeah, right

Celdia

I thought there was an Immunizer as a reward before that fight somewhere but I can't find it if there is one so I'm probably misremembering something. The armor that guards against Berserk isn't available until the start of Chapter 3. I think the only recourse you'd have to deal with Berserk is Esuna/Cleansing Wind to clear it off before Ramza runs off and gets himself killed. If you can get him to act before it gets applied again, Calm Demeanor will keep your safe from it for a short time.

Jumza

October 30, 2011, 01:42:23 pm #37 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:44:27 pm by Jumza
In Riovanes it took me soooooo loooonnng to get wiggy to not hit me with counter when i hit him... but it worked he had 1 hp left
I thought i was gonna cry :( ... but then i realized after i killed my savestate you only needed him to kneel when you do that fight  :oops:
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Lucifer_zero

Heeeellll low... look who´s back... only for the weekend, cuz its college holiday.

even though I didnt had been playing i was always giving a look here to see cahnges, and i find myself wishing sooooo much playing your hack, lets start the really long talking text cuz i´ve been playing since friday and now i just finished Deep Dungeon ( for 1,964T )

Turtles
Turtles are a really anoying enemy, mainly on 1st chapter, i need to polymorph or dont act they to get the kill, as my damage is still low and they have soo much hp ( but i think its fun ! )

Uribo / Porky
Now they only appear on END, maybe they could be buffed a lot, lik, more HP, innate DEF/MDEF UP, better poach, they could have somethin like Big Guard ( instant MP cost 30, give a little HP ( MA*3) + one random positive buff [protect / Shell / Haste / Reraise / Imunity] to every ally on 3 range from caster ) and Wildbow having one skill that attack all enemies and make they lose all buffs, make him appearing on place of one the uribos

Gun
Maybe an end-game gun with more power, one without elemental properties (For DD).

Bandit Knives
I never used Bandit knives, as they were always as weak as normal knives, i think they could have more WP and SP*WP formula, i miss that formula ^^, and using it with more WP you could control how much damage someone using Bandit knives would do. Also, instead of Weapon guard they could have something like abandon OR have more % block ( like 10% more or at least 5% more on each )

Books
Chocobo codex giving reraise 100%, that one i think is soo much OP on 1st and second chapter, having a so easy reraise at 1st chap is too much uber power, so maybe put him only on 2nd chap and with 25% chance.

The others book i only used when using loremaster, the othes could be a 50% or more cast ( except  Serpent codex that should me at max 33%, by the way i didnt got this one ><, maybe its working on 1,965 )

Spears, Poles
Didnt need to use Spears or poles, as i didnt use Tactician´s skills and for long range damage i used longbow

Gunslinger
Gunslinger need a real nerf on they Sunder, rigth now this makes me want to cry when i see that the enemy has one gunslinger, like or i abuse safe state or i reset the battle. also now its really too late when i get one of they, maybe instead of [Bandit lvl 4 + Torero lvl 4] a something like [Nomad lvl 4 + Alchemist lvl 4] ( nomad cuz it the ranged oriented class, and alchemist cuz they are the other class that use gun )

Loremaster
Loremaster = glass cannon, but still good, only needed one "equip Book" skill so i can use their skills on other job that don´t use books, even if they skills itself are powerfull, they also cost much MP to any class abuse of they.

Also their skills needs a JP cost, having all from the moment you get they, even with the book restriction, is still to much.

Lets start talking about my favorite thing, L I T T L E   M O N E Y... ops, not this... its about SPECIAL JOBs, before talking about they one question, could you post their stats ?

Mustadio
ABOUT
He is always well come on my team, but maybe he could have Gunslinger instead of Alchemist unlocked

SKILL SET
AIMs are also on Gunslinger, but they cannot be mimiced ! and i think that mustadio deserves something unique for him, like an AIM that gives "don´t move + don´t act" both triggered separately, so you could have both or nothing or at least one on each shot.

Also almost never use Flame Kick, as i never get much close to enemies, and if i was going for something from Gunslinger on mustadio, that would be sniper cover, not that i tend to use it.

Another skill that come up to my mind is a AREA damage skills, something like making the bullet explosive and giving like WP*MA damage to everyone on the are.

Agrias
ABOUT
While i dont have Orlandou, Agrias is my MVP, but instead of Demagoge, i think she could have Ghaele unlocked, that would make more sense on her.

After looking on FFTPacher on her growth, i fully used her as a champion, maybe she could have the 1,3 growth instead.

SKILL SET
Something strange on her, she hav holy on all her sword skills, but her move skills is ice ? I think that Holy wing would fit her better, and then Icestep could go to someone else, like Meliandoul

And there is a huge downside on having all skills holy, there are more enemies that cancel that element, but stills fine, and her reaction could be distribute or lunch break ( yeah, nobody have this on your side, someone should have ) and for support she could also be the only one with equip sword instead of equip armor, she is the only one that all unique skills need sword.

Afterthought As Rafa and Malak seen more Ying Yang on this hack, Agrias could be something like Frozen Maiden, intead of Holy Swordwoman, with all skills have ICE + their element, like:
Holy sword - > Frozen Sword
- Stasis Sword - remain equal
- Crush Punch -> Frozen Crush, with range of 4 instead of 3 ( and in my utopia world, Frozen crush could only target enemies with Stop status, have double damage that have now AND dead 100%, so dead imunity would still get massive damage; "Use earth power to destroy the ones who are frozen"  )
- Holy Explosion -> Holy Freeze ( on my utopia world, add one random "confusion, charm"; "Using the Holy powers freeze enemies brain )
- Ice Step -> move+2 ( she have ice skates )

Rafa and Malak
ABOUT
Loved the name, CHAOS SHAMAN and CHAOS MAGE but still need to rework on the job description ^^ i know that both are still changing, so lest hope that i can hel somehow.

First i didnt use they so much, but still there something i noticed:

1st - even if the FFTPacther say they should come with Brave and Faith 69, they still came with normal values

2nd - also they came without any job instead of enchanter lvl 2 ( as they are chapt 4 specials, they should come with somethin like Ghaele lvl 8 for Rafa and Loremaster lvl 8 for Malak )

3rd - Their growthcould be changed for they having more MA and MP

4th - i love that they are the Ying Yang of FFT, they should stil be, as now they are not so balanced.

SKILL SET
Rafa
Wild healing is nice, but could be CT 2 instead of CT 4.

I think that she could have one more healing skill, one that target all on map, ally or enemie, that hit randomly for moderate HP restore + reviving, something like CHAOS HEALING, hiting like 5~10 times.

Give her Holy Wings, water walking fits Meliandoul better ^^

Malak
Same as rafa, Wild magic could have CT 2 instead of CT 4.

CHAOS MAGIC, Target everyone, hit for non elemental moderate damage, 5~10 times, not avoidable, can cause dead / CT 0

Holy for rafa ? Dark Holy for malak ! ( Void is too much strong... Zalera tould me so many times... )

Dark Passage ^^

Like i said, Ying Yang, if Rafa can put some buff, malak could remove they, but that would be giving him more unique skill... well i think that after.

In my perfect utopic world

Rafa would have all skills PA Based while Malak would have MA Based, so for Rafa reaction would be PA UP and Malak MA UP, for support Rafa - Attack UP and Malak - M Attack UP

I still need to think more about they, and today ill play a little with they to se how works their skills

Orlandou

ABOUT
THUNDER GOD. but why give him Gunslinger ? Maybe Mystic Knight ?

SKILL SET
Loved his skill set, but for reaction could put... Quick Draw ( something that resembles lightng speed... ) or absorb used MP, as he have really low MP and need for most of his skills.

Mealiadoul
ABOUT -
Blue Mage ^^ loved the concept and more... LOVED THE SPRITE !!!!!

SKILL SET -
I still didnt got all enemies skills, cuz i dont know where can i get Flare 2 besides Zalera, maybe some random battle at DD ?

And why not make her ALL blue mage and strip all her unique skills ? she could have more monsters skills ^^ and for move skill Waterwalking ( Jesus ), also waterwalking could have MOVE HP-UP innate

For monster skills, smething like this could be nice

[chocobo] Choco Cure
[chocobo] Tidal Wave OR [Behemot/ultima demon] Gigaflare
[Apanda]   Bio 3
[Floatball]  Circle ( she got it from begining )
[ Bombs ]  Self Destruction
[ Lamia ]   Slavery Song
[ Turtles ] Critical Rush
[ bones ]   Dark Wave
[Morbolls]  Bad Breath ( together with Self destruction, they are the CLASSIC Blue mage´s Spell )
[Behemot] Hurricane OR [ghost] Drain Touch
[squids] Odd Soundwave
[Elidibs]     Zodiac

Cyan

ABOUT -
When i saw " CYAN " i crazed enough to play instead of doing college´s reports ( well... still need to do those -_- ) and when i finally got him i stoped... saw him... and noticed that he´s too much slow >< then i noticed on fftpacther that his speed growth is set do 110 and his multiplier to 90... dont know if that was intentional, but i swamped they to be able to use him as his class

SKILL SET -
First off
Remove Hamedo from brawlers !, Rename Retort and put in Cyan ^^ that would fit perfectly ! and now whe would have all 8 swordtechs on him ^^

So far i think that the sword tech are nice, Dispatch i think could use WP*SP formula, as it it a fast draw atack, Quadra slam could hit one single targert 4 times, as he MA is low the damage on both quadra slam and Quadra slice is a little to low to it be abusive.

And for the golden prize we have Stunner, the best skill on my opinion a 8CT ( 4 with microwave) Hit-all ^^ and chance to proc stop

For Suport Atack UP or MAtack UP would be nice

Im my illusionary perfect senseless utopic world i would make him a move skill called STEEL SOUL, gives move-1, jump-1, cannot move on water, innate Innocent cancel ALL elements. On my the more normal world Steel Soul is a move +1 Jump +1, speed-1 + Grey soul

One last thing... some enemies

Elmor
First off, this battle reminds me soo much of 1,3, its to hard to keep sandbagging AND kill both assassin, and when they die the ultima demons can kick your party ass, together with elmor, stealing from him ended being a abuse of save state, as i didnt wanted to spent time preparing for him ( i already spent 6h manking my Ramza mime from lvl 1... )

Zalera
Elmors not happy to be hard to die, he turns into something even MORE irritating, having innate Shortcharge makes difference here he can do Nigthmare at begining if unprotected/ my party is to much close one of other, or if i´m protectted against status, he goes and one shot one or two members of my party with Flare 2, while i try to get they back he goes and keep killing they... and together with him we have 2 gunslingers who woulnt stop killing or breaking my equips, making me restart this fight, the only way i won was sealing both gunslinger and making Zalera lose something like 4 speed + slow, even at this it was hard to win.

My party was Ramza Mime, Agrias Champion ( with Holysword sec ), Generic Gunslinger with Nomad secundary AND equip armor to survive first Flare 2, Orlandou as Thunder God with Torero sec ( for the slow + Terminar ) and Mustadio Enginer with item sec. lvl was... i think 30...

Elmor DD
I should call this onte Elmor GG, cuz that the way i felt about him at first glance, without float i all have has to wait him come and Titan call my members + Mystics sword can cover others elements, still he can give some chalenge if not prepared for him

For now that it is only thing...

Ahhh

some minor bug that i remeber

1- Rad appears with old squire sprite and with Ramza portrait

2- Murond there is a mime with Vanquisher as secondary o-o was intentional ????
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Celdia

November 13, 2011, 10:15:37 am #39 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:16:15 am by Celdia
Lucifer, my kingdom for that post 24 hours ago. XD

Thank you for the feedback. There are a couple of things in there I think I tried to address with the 1.965 update. I'll think about some of those suggestions, too. I keep forgetting to put Lunch Break back in. With the Cook gone, I may just swap it back over to being HP Restore, give it back to Monks and maybe just do that Retort idea on Counter. Its not like anyone uses Counter in CCP anymore.

A quick summary response: Pigs are still Vanilla, Chocobo Codex is for people who can't manage the early game, Loremaster will get Equip Book when I actually remember to put it in somewhere, Orlandu starts with Gunslinger unlocked because its the top of the 'Physical' job tree, Cyan is supposed to be that slow, stealing Elmdor's gear is supposed to be very difficult since you don't need to do it to finish the game (I like bonus content to be hard,) though I'll admit Zalera is a shitty battle and probably needs to be nerfed a bit, and Elmdor in the DD is a super-boss fight so again he's supposed to be hard there.

As for Rad, I'm still working that out a bit. It was an experiment with getting around needing to do a bunch of obnoxious graphics works to fix events glitching from the new sprites. That Mime at Murond probably shouldn't have a secondary skillset though. Likely an oversight from when I changed it to Mime from whatever it was before.

This is a lot of great input though. Again, thank you, and do keep playing. ^_^ If only I could get this much info back from EVERYONE that plays CCP.