• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:05:06 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

CCP - Bug Reports

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:42:46 pm

Eternal

Oh, those are emulator errors. Very common and they don't actually affect anything. You can fix that by fiddling around with your video settings.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

sutebenukun

Ah, is that so? Thanks for your help! I may just have to once again change my GPU or settings.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Celdia

If its just menus and text like that then its a pretty common graphics plug-in glitch when emulating FFT from the streams I've seen. Most folks ignore it because it doesn't affect gameplay at all. Don't know what you're running but you might try the ePSXe emulator and some low quality settings with the P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver plugin. Its what I use (v1.17) and my system emulates FFT flawlessly with it.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

sutebenukun

It works perfectly now! Thanks for the advice on the plugin Celdia!
It's been a long time since I've played on my epsxe, so I was a bit rusty. ^-^;
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Celdia

Crono

Hi,
I'm currently playing your hack and I must say it's the best hack i've ever played ever.
I'm really enjoying it so far. That being said, here's a bug/typo that I found;

Heroic skill from ramza: bandage. It does'nt say in the skill description that it give defend to targeted player. I think it only say heals for a small amount of hp.

I also found some typos in 1 or 2 items description but I don't remember and I can't verify because i'm at work.
I'll let you know if I find anything else!

and again, thanks for all the effort put in this hack keep up the good work  :mrgreen:

Archaic

When you use Dolphin Kick, sometimes the character gets stuck in the air until their next turn, and they can't be attacked or anything.  :?

When you use Cafe Au Lait (One of the most useful starting abilities in my opinion), it always uses it on the panel, and not the character unit.
:gay:

dinosaur

It actually is 20% PE and 10% ME

Also I mentioned something about power guard in my video how it does not equip on Brawler.

Celdia

Then you didn't look at the type of equipment the Power Guard is. Its Armor, not a Glove. Only units that Equip Armor can use it. Same for the Titan Guard (+2 PA version).

dinosaur

I did see what it was Celdia. It is very confusing- i thought it was armor but then i saw that power guard is under the accessory list and the BR is highlighted.

Usually when things need 'equip armor' the class name is not highlighted.

Crono

Hey I've just downloaded the new patch 1.94.

In the patch notes it says bandage can now self target and tacticien skill's battle plans now works correcly (adding don't move and transparent)

unfortunately i'm still having those bugs, so I started a new game to make sure my old game wasn't corrupted or something, after leveling all my characters again and going through jobs,

i'm still having those bugs... So I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problems.

I'm using psxfin 1.13.

Joseph Strife

yup, same here, haven't tested the tactician class yet, but bandage can't be self targeted.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Celdia

@Dino: Sorry, I see what the problem there is. Its a recurring typo from an older version. Another thing no one noticed in 1.90-1.93: All Armor equipment was inversely tagged by class. I didn't get the two Guard items because I forgot about them (but all of the normal armor items should read correctly in v1.94). I got all my color flags in the text descriptions backwards so its highlighting the classes that can't use it and low-lighting the ones that can.

As for Bandage not targeting self, I'm stumped. Its flagged for both Hit Caster and Target Self in FFTP. Best I can figure is its one of the last changes I made to the FFTP file but I didn't apply the patch before making my PPF. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. If I can, I'll upload a new fix for those problems tonight.

Joseph Strife

Celdia, you mentioned a bug that benefits the player in your last update, could it be Ramza Leveling up like hell? in my 1.40 version he gets 20exp for each action, and if its the last hit it goes up to 40 exp O_o, i'm leveling him like crazy, i have to get him off random battles so the AI doesn't get too powerful.
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

TigerKnee

Wait, Zalera had 50 MA? Wow, that explains why I had so much trouble with him.

TigerKnee

Quick bug report
Forced March gives +1 MA to all allies, rather than Speed +1 like the description says.

Celdia

@Joseph: Does he still have the Training Vest equipped? That has innate Gained EXP Up on it.

@TigerKnee: ...did you beat him while he was doing that much damage? o_o Also, it looks I forgot about a formula hack I put in that changes the +1 SP formula to +1 MA. That's where Ramza's Ardor comes from...and that's where the speed boost went. I'll see if I can squeeze that back in somewhere but I might just pull Forced March entirely if not.

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Celdia on July 11, 2011, 01:29:50 pm
@Joseph: Does he still have the Training Vest equipped? That has innate Gained EXP Up on it.

That sure explains a lot ^^

Celdia

Looks like we've got a nasty new bug in the 1.94x patch: Alchemy seems to be totally borked. I've tested with multiple saves at various points in the game and commonly only Grease and Phoenix Down seem to show up on the skillset despite how many other skills you have learned. The best showing I found was a hacked and fully-mastered Ramza with a whopping 7 skills in Alchemy available; Grease, PD, Phantom Vial, Tincture, Number 9, Mosfungus and Elixir.

I'll try to get this fixed ASAP, but honestly I don't know where to start looking for the problem. -_-

TigerKnee

Huh, I was just about to post the Alchemy bug. Oh well, looks like I don't have to now.