• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:17:43 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

CCP - Bug Reports

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:42:46 pm

Celdia

June 24, 2011, 02:42:46 pm Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:38:14 pm by Celdia
See something that looks terribly out of place? Does some description text not match up with how a skill or item functions? Please post about it here! The more feedback I get the better I can make this patch!

~ Known Issues for v1.9 ~
- Boil and Rare Vintage do not display proper targeting information.
- During battle, female units with classes that require levels in Homemaker (Alchemist, Vanquisher, Enchanter, Demagogue, Mystic Knight, Lapidary, Red Mage, Ghaele, Loremaster, Tactician, Mime) will not display as known classes in the status screen. This should not affect gameplay at all.
- Deep Dungeon hasn't been updated beyond NOGIAS, TERMINATE and MLAPAN yet, so some enemies there won't have appropriate (or any) equipment.
- Its been noticed that some monsters have been using their Monster Skill abilities even though they aren't listed on their skill lists.
- Very few EVTCHRs have been changed to match the new unit sprites so events involving them may look bugged.
- Related to the above, Rad appears with Ramza's portrait in the formation screen.
- The Brawler's skill Dolphin Kick sometimes causes a little graphical glitch where the unit will hover high above the battlefield. Moving the unit or walking through their panel will return them back to the proper place on the field but their shadow seems to disappear for the rest of the battle sometimes. This doesn't appear to affect gameplay at all. Sure does look awesome when he air-walks back down to earth though. ^_^
- Some of the new move skills may show a Move or Jump modifier when you go to equip the ability that doesn't actually apply when equipped. This goes under 'minor graphical inconsistency'. Just go by what the skill description promises as they should be accurate.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Methian

I'm not entirely sure if its a problem with my emulator or my patch or what have you, but I patched my FFT.bin file using PPF-O-Matic. Everything works fine when I run the file up to the point after I set my name and birthday. After the cutscene, the text Orbonne Monastery pops up and then it freezes. I've tried a few different drivers on both emulators and it still freezes right at the text. Any help and/or solutions? I have a small workaround by loading a savestate after the scene inside the church but the names and stats glitch a bit.

sobora

Quote from: Methian on June 27, 2011, 06:43:22 pm
I'm not entirely sure if its a problem with my emulator or my patch or what have you, but I patched my FFT.bin file using PPF-O-Matic. Everything works fine when I run the file up to the point after I set my name and birthday. After the cutscene, the text Orbonne Monastery pops up and then it freezes. I've tried a few different drivers on both emulators and it still freezes right at the text. Any help and/or solutions? I have a small workaround by loading a savestate after the scene inside the church but the names and stats glitch a bit.

i have the same exact problem as this guy except that i converted my image file to eboot for the psp after i patched it

Celdia

I have been hearing of this problem and sadly it tends to either be an issue of the ISO being patched isn't any good or a matter of emulator. In the case of the latter, it seems that CCP isn't compatible with any of the Playstation emulators for Mac OS due to some of the hacks that have been put into use by it. I know one of our users, dinosaur, has gone so far as to run Windows on his Mac just to be able to use an emulator that will run it but I don't know the details of how he got this working. If you join us on chat (via the pjirc or mibbit links at the top of the page) its possible someone could give you details on getting the patch running.

Wasabi

@sobora: Regarding the issue of converting this patch into an eboot, it works. My cfw is 5.00m33 prome-4 that's running on a 2000 series PSP. I believe my popsloader is set on "original flash" for the eboot I created, but the PSX on PSP Compatibility List shows that pops version 3.30 is stable. I converted the eboot with PSX2PSP with zero compression, so that might be the issue. Another issue might be that you patched with a dirty iso, or your cfw is incompatible with running eboots/patched eboots.

So far, I haven't seen any crashes from going past the first battle at Orbonne.

sobora

June 28, 2011, 01:47:04 am #5 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:32:56 am by sobora
Quote from: Wasabi on June 28, 2011, 12:23:12 am
@sobora: Regarding the issue of converting this patch into an eboot, it works. My cfw is 5.00m33 prome-4 that's running on a 2000 series PSP. I believe my popsloader is set on "original flash" for the eboot I created, but the PSX on PSP Compatibility List shows that pops version 3.30 is stable. I converted the eboot with PSX2PSP with zero compression, so that might be the issue. Another issue might be that you patched with a dirty iso, or your cfw is incompatible with running eboots/patched eboots.

So far, I haven't seen any crashes from going past the first battle at Orbonne.

my cfw is 6.20 pro b4 maybe thats the prob ill find out if i can downgrade it back to m33

edit-- sweet i downgraded my cfw back to 5.00m33 and it passed the monastery screen

TigerKnee

My CFW's 5.00 m33-6 (with no add-ons of any kind like Prometheus etc) but even with zero compression it crashes for me at the Monastery. I'm thinking it's mostly a firmware problem but I don't know which firmware version works. 3.30, 3.71 hard crashes my psp and forces it to reboot while 4.01 and original flash just soft-freezes (I can use the Home button to go back to the menu) instead.

sobora

Quote from: TigerKnee on June 28, 2011, 09:10:09 am
My CFW's 5.00 m33-6 (with no add-ons of any kind like Prometheus etc) but even with zero compression it crashes for me at the Monastery. I'm thinking it's mostly a firmware problem but I don't know which firmware version works. 3.30, 3.71 hard crashes my psp and forces it to reboot while 4.01 and original flash just soft-freezes (I can use the Home button to go back to the menu) instead.

strange it works for me with that cfw

i disabled pops and used the original flash

TigerKnee

Well, I have no idea what to say, because I just about tried everything suggested in this topic (turned off popsloader, tried 3.3/3.71/3.72/3.8 firmware, tried 0 compression)

I don't believe I can ask for an eboot here, can I? At least that will cut down on one more factor but I don't think I'm screwing up on the conversion part.

sobora

aw crap the game freezes at dorter 1 now   :oops:

Celdia

You all should join us in chat sometime. There's a chance we could help you more directly if we could talk to you there.  >.>

sobora

There's this weapon called Chocobo Tume that states it is equipable by Red Mages (RM) but I can't equip it to my RM. Is this an error or am I missing something?

Celdia

That's a typo from an older version it looks like. Red Mages can no longer equip Monster Tomes. I'll note it to be fixed.

sobora

Quote from: Celdia on June 30, 2011, 05:24:08 pm
That's a typo from an older version it looks like. Red Mages can no longer equip Monster Tomes. I'll note it to be fixed.

noooo  :evil:

bb reraise grrrr  :mad:

Wasabi

July 01, 2011, 12:17:25 am #14 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:36:37 am by Wasabi
So far from my tests with CCPv1.931 as an eboot, I've hit a roadblock right before Zeklaus. Every time I try to enter battle, the game hard freezes after the loading screen. The map isn't generated, but the BGM is frozen. This occurs again as I try to enter into a free battle. I "believe" this may be a matter of me resetting like crazy and saving, which in a way I happened to save when the psp's emulator underwent a redundancy cycle that was going to lead to a crash :< At least, that's what I like to believe.

Overall, my general suspicion for the eboot failing is due to the ASM hacks used in CCP, since that was what SentinelBlade here on FFH mentioned a long time ago. I'm pretty sure the first indicator is the ARH ASM, since in the Orbonne Monastery intro battle Agrias and Gafgarion can't use their swordskills even though they have swords equipped and have abilities learned in their respective jobs.

I'll keep beta-testing CCP as an eboot to the best of my abilities, maybe turn off popsloader (though I doubt that would do much tbqh), but as far as I can tell extending this patch into the PSP is looking bleak since CCP is ASM heavy.

edit: Regarding the issue of why some users can emulate and others can't via eboot on their PSPs, and though cfw, plug-ins and popsloader may be an issue as to why this could be the case, hardware can be an issue as well. Do remember that each generation of the PSP each performs differently with differences in the manufacturing of the motherboard, and that different makes of the memory stick could be an issue as well. I think the best way for me to explain this is why SNES emulation (snes_euphoria) is best on the PSP-1000, okay on the PSP-2000 and null&void for the PSP-3000 so on and so forth, is because the programming used for the emulator is still written in a constant, but the matters of the hardware is progressively changing. I believe PSX emulation is similar in this respect, and cfw performance per PSP version as well. /endsidelinecommentray

TigerKnee

Yeah, ASM hacks is probably the cause here. LFT is about the only FFT patch I can get running on an eboot (because it has little to none), while Mercenaries, Call to Power and 1.3 all don't work on PSP for me either.

I guess it really can't be helped and I just have to play this patch on an emulator and not actual consoles.

TigerKnee

Either Tactician is bugged or I'm doing something wrong.

As a Tactician main I bought:

Wheel Formation
Call White Wind
Forced March
Spike Pit Trap
Take High Ground

I equipped Monkey Pole (Always Dark)
Dusk Shroud (Start: Transparent)
and set Float as my movement ability.

This should give me Don't Move, Dark, Float and Transparent as starting status.

Strangely enough, I was only able to use Take High Ground (slow to all) once, which required Transparent, Don't Move and Float. Then I couldn't use anything anymore. Which makes sense I guess, since I don't have Transparent anymore... still, I should be able to use most of the moves I've learn straight from the start, like Wheel Formation which only requires Don't Move and Float, so... what gives? *Shrug*

sutebenukun

Hello, I don't know if this is quite a bug as opposed to a graphical issue, but it would seem that when I patch a FFT rom (extended ISO and one that wasn't extended) with this patch I come across some severe graphic glitches were there is horrible pixelation on the narration screens, I see random items and classes on the job list menu (in-battle) and when I go to place my units there is this weird graphical glitch that appears. I have used around four different GPUs believing those to be the problem, is there anyone else who has had similar problems and can direct me towards a solution?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Celdia

@TigerKnee: I'll doublecheck my ASM hacks for Tactician and see if I can find the problem there.

@sutebenukun: Can you take some screenshots of the errors and post them? What you're describing doesn't sound like something I've run into before with the exception maybe of the ISO not being good for patching to (which can result in just about anything but is frequently text and graphical misplacements.)

sutebenukun

July 04, 2011, 10:10:50 pm #19 Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:11:48 pm by sutebenukun
Here's 5 links to show what is going on, the formation screen didn't mess up this time so it wasn't there and I didn't finish the battle since I felt that what I have shows the gist of what is wrong:

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/131/unled2lzl.png

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1264/unleddul.png

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9131/unled3wo.png

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6190/unled4r.png

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3351/unled5ar.png

Thank in advance for any help you can give me, Celdia. If what you suspect to be true (bad ISO) do you have a resource that you would recommend I go to?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun