• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:47:27 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

CCP - Discussion Topic

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:41:55 pm

Lockeadon

is this patch for psp or psx, or both?

Celdia

Just for PSX. There have been some attempts to make it function as a PSP eboot but I don't think anyone has produced something that works 100%.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

BizzMar

Story playable characters keep their innate jobs? I mean, Mustadio mechanich, Agrias holy knight, Orlandou holy swordman, Meliadoul divine knight, Beowulf temple knight, Cloud soldier?

Byblos and Worker 8 still there? Are there any new nice pets? :D

Thanks for answering :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Celdia

Mustadio is still an Engineer and Agrias is a Holy Knight but the jobs are changed some. Orlandu is titled as a Thunder God now and gets some magic-based skills to go with the new title, though he has lost most of his swordskills. Meliadoul is an Azure Knight now, she keeps her equipment smash skills but they no longer require a sword to use and in addition to those she can learn monster skills when hit with them. Beowulf is actually unchanged. Cloud has been removed entirely and replaced by Cyan. Byblos and Worker 8 are mostly unchanged. Byblos' Energy skill I think it is heals MP instead of HP now due to a formula change. As for 'pets' I'll assume you mean monsters. I haven't gotten around to modifying those seriously yet, though some have been changed a small bit to keep up with the other changes to skills in the game. They're still close to vanilla monsters for the most part right now, but an update on them is in the works.

BizzMar

You patch is awesome :D Congratulations Celdia :D
Always yours,
BizzMar.

BizzMar

October 01, 2011, 02:10:19 pm #45 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:16:51 pm by BizzMar
Rapha, Malak, Reis? And what's Cyan's job? :)
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Celdia

Thank you. ^_^

I always forget about the Wonder Twins. Rafa and Malak mostly make use of the Red Magic skills in their skillsets but each gets a new, unique skill as well as access to an enemy only skill each. Malak is a little nerfed because I can't get his Faith to start higher than 31 despite changing it in the ENTD he joins on. Reis is mostly unchanged, but her Holy Breath shouldn't be random hits anymore making it a more reliable skill.

Cyan's class is 'Retainer' and his skills mostly mimic what he could do in FF6. He also gets unique access to the Golem skill, reflavored as True Knight for CCP though it functions just as Golem did in vanilla.

Stretch

Looking at the ENTD, I see that Malak should have 69 faith, at least that's what it says on the Riovanes Rooftop 1B1 event. However, the 132 Chapter 4 Start event shows Malak with 31 faith. I'll try making that change in 132 and I'll see if changes anything... it'll be a while until I get there though.
Yeah, right

Celdia

I'll go ahead and change him there in my patch file just in case that is the place its loading from. Certainly can't hurt.

BizzMar

You update patch often. Do I need to restart my game everytime I patch again? Should I patch a new unpatched Final fantasy iso every new patch or I can patch the already patched iso?
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Eternal

Patch a clean ISO, but your saves will carry over.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

BizzMar

Always yours,
BizzMar.

Celdia

Thank you, Eternal.

And I don't update too terribly often I don't think, I just tend to update once with a big series of changes and then in the following days there are frequently a bunch of smaller ones. Unless you're chomping at the bit to get to playing, its sometimes a good idea to wait a couple days to grab my patch as there will likely be some minor updates along the way. After that you won't see much here for a month or more.

paminen

Wow, this mod looks really fun and cool! I have a question though and forgive me if its a dumb one: does this patch work with the psp-script patch? Can I apply both of them or does that break things?

Celdia

Generally applying two patches to the same ISO causes all kinds of issues unless they're specifically built to work together. I've never tried to apply the WotL script to CCP but I can't imagine it would go too well. But then I could be wrong. You could give it a shot and let us know. I expect there will be a problem with the events where Cloud normally joins since I've changed those though.

Stretch

I would patch the psp script first, then CCP. Let us know what happens!
Yeah, right

BizzMar

October 04, 2011, 02:25:30 pm #56 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 03:00:24 pm by BizzMar
I think Pummel is kind of odd and makes the Brawler a too easy-to-win job. I hit like 100% damage half of the times, much over than 100% damage almost the other half of the times and a very little bit less than 100% damage almost never; ah! and it's formula is 100% hit rate, plus it's power it more than normal attack and I've never been countered to it. I think Pummer is overpowered, but that's only my opinion. It makes Brawlers go easy...
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Celdia

I think that's the first time anyone has said their Brawler was OP. Usually I get complaints that player Brawlers are weak and AI Brawlers are OP which never made a lot of sense to me. I may reduce the power on Pummel though since it can't be evaded. I'll take it under consideration for the next update.

Stretch

Pummel and Bum Rush are very similar, I think weaken/make Pummel evadable to differentiate them. But I wouldn't say Pummel makes them over powered.
Yeah, right

Celdia

Actually, making it evadable could do for that. I was making unevadable originally because Cook had the very similar Dice skill which was evadable. That was the major difference between the two...but since there's no Cook or Dice anymore...