• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:13:06 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

CCP - Discussion Topic

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:41:55 pm

Celdia

June 24, 2011, 02:41:55 pm Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:00:00 pm by Celdia
For those of you that just want to leave comments or talk about this patch, this is the place to do it as I will be locking the old main thread eventually.

Want to rave about something you love? Want to rant about something you hate? Do it here. I want any and all feedback I can get to help improve this patch to be as fun as I can make it.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

S_Hawkeye

June 25, 2011, 05:41:05 pm #1 Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:42:23 pm by S_Hawkeye
I was looking at your master guide, and i notice that there are 3 stealabe guns but only one battle with balk (without the endgame ones)in the nomal game, that means we need to fight balk 2 more times in 1.93, or that those 2 guns are unobtanaible without playing the endgame part?

Celdia

Those two guns are obtainable in the end-game right now. I think they may also be on one or two of the Enchanters in the Beowulf sidequest but I haven't doublechecked those. For right now though they're only in the end-game which is technically a hold-over from an earlier version. I will make them available before end-game in a later release I'm sure.

Durbs

So have you changed any special characters in any major way? Mostly referring to their abilities/movesets?

Celdia

Yes, Durbs. Agrias has gained some Champion skills to her base skillset and a few swordskills have been removed while others are slightly modified. Mustadio has a trio of new skills inspired by a character from another game. Rafa and Malak have new skillsets that focus on White and Black magic respectively and each has a unique spell to compliment those skills. Orlandu's skillset is very much changed and focuses on his title as Thunder God more specifically. Reis' Holy Breath skill has been modified to no longer involve random hits. Meliadoul retains her original skillset but now possesses the ability to learn a handful of monster skills in addition to those. Worker 8, Beowulf and Cloud are currently unchanged but my get changes in future updates. I had intended to give Gafgarion some of the Bandit skills but honestly I just keep forgetting to make those changes when I update. >.>

Celdia

So, I've gotten more than a little negative feedback over the Training Vest and its Innate: Gain EXP Up support. I'm officially taking suggestions for other things you might like to see on a low-tier clothing equip like that. Anyone can feel free to just toss out ideas.

Wasabi

The Innate: Gain EXP Up support on equipment sounds like a nifty idea, but I wouldn't want to make it available early game. It sounds like a decent late game, stat-underrated item to get when the player wants to buy a soldier from the Soldier Office and needs an item to get them up to snuff with the rest of the party.

Regarding Cloud, I have a few ideas in mind on what I'd like to see modified in his skillset, since I was sort of nit-picky about what to do with him in my custom patch. :P I tried to keep his 'Limit' skillset close to FF7, but also kept in mind the intriguing changes made in the PSP games "Dissidia: Final Fantasy" and "Dissidia 012: Duodecim." When you get around to him, we should talk over irc Celdia.

And about Worker 8: It is imperative that he knows how to Fly. His jetpack animation is just too good to pass up. :v

Kagebunji

I was wondering if you gave some special enemies steal-only equipment. I unlocked Bandit, but I have no idea if he is worth keeping if there is nothing special to steal(other than Elmdor, I presume).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

In the early game the only thing unique to steal is the sword Gaffy brings in his last fight. Later on however there are more than a few unique pieces of gear to be grabbed so having a Bandit trained is a good idea. Elmdor of course still has a full set of stealable uniques as well(I couldn't take that aspect out of the fight at Limberry).

sutebenukun

For the Homemaker's Boil, it states that it has continuous damage, does that mean it will randomly hit more than once or that it delivers damage over time? Either way for some reason boil hasn't done so and I've cast it around ten fifteen times by now...
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Eternal

IIRC, Boil acts like the Dances/Songs, in that it'll go off every few turns.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

sutebenukun

That doesn't show up in the AT list does it? (at least I didn't see it there since that was what I had originally thought would happen)

Eternal

It should, but Celdie may have removed the Persevere and simply forgotten to change the description.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

sutebenukun

I just looked into it (which I admit I should have done in the first place -_-;) and you are right, the Persevere box has been unchecked so it will not do continuous damage.

Kagebunji

Small tip for those starting Lionel battle. Hide your battle team in a corner, when you are deploying them, cause you will likely get half-dead in first turn. I had to restart twice, after third time, I hidden my team in a corner and then killed them off when I got a turn. Also make sure to steal Gaffy's sword, heh. And small note, Queklain is very annoying with his Nightmare stuff, but I managed to beat him once he started charging Bio 3.

Celdia

Boil not having Persevere is likely from when I was testing fixes for the targeting display error and I forgot to re-check it. I suppose the sad part about that is I was testing fixes of that before 1.9 and only now is it getting noticed. No one likes Boil. ;_;

sutebenukun

Well since you used Aerith's sprite for Homemaker I kind of wanted to keep one in my party, lol. If that is the case I will go back and re-check it. Now I won't feel bad for doing so. ^-^

ShinHadokenman

I don't know if this was a error or if done intentionally but you have the red cape as a shield.
Makes me think of a matador.

Kagebunji

ShinHadokenman

Ah thats cool I just thought that with both the red cape and another cape accessory the evasion rate of the equipped unit would be ridiculously high.