• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:51:48 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

CCP (Celdia's Complete Patch) [Old Thread - Locked]

Started by Celdia, December 14, 2010, 12:41:47 am

Celdia

I don't know what version 2.0 will be. Hopefully all the generics will be done and balanced for that.

That said, v1.43 is available now. ^_^
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

CCP v1.5 is ready for play! This version lifts all holds on current playthroughs and should take you to the end. Enjoy!

Twinees

nice stuff Celdie. I'll play this when i get rid of all my spriting assignments (or if you stop calling me insane :D).

Celdia

>_< But that's like an official meme in chat now!!! How can I stop calling you insane?? That would be insane!!

Skip Sandwich

In what ways are the Ghaele and Warlock significantly different from the Priest and Wizard respectively? There is no list of any significant changes on the OP so are they mostly just a reflavor? Also I wanted to ask, seeing as you've changed every other class so far, do you have plans in mind to replace the Oracle and Summoner?
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Celdia

I'm sorry, Skip. I know I'm being lazy about updating the class info on them. Ghaele and Warlock are really just powered up versions of Priest and Wizard. They fill similar functions with one raising, healing and Holy'ing the hell out of units while the other drops elemental damage across the field. They both get a freebie skill so they can be used for more than their weak melee attacks or secondaries right from the start. I'll get to updating the info post in a little while hopefully.

As for Oracle and Summoner, they do have planned changes (though I'll admit the Summoner one isn't very different but more of a gimmick class that the more I think about it, the less likely it is to get used...) and those will come with future updates.

Celdia

January 26, 2011, 05:05:13 pm #47 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:11:30 pm by Celdia
Had to reupload v1.5. While the support skills leftover on Red Mage were ignorable that I completely missed putting one of the Warlock skills on their skillset was not.

Also, I updated the info post so there's some more specific info about the new classes there now.

dinosaur

Hey Celdia, I know you said you did not put the element in the description. But I want to make sure I have it right! These are my guesses :D

Burning Blade: Fire
Shocking Slash:Lightening 
Freezing Whirl: Ice
Terran Thrust: Earth
Howling Rend: Wind
Flowing Strike: Water
Shining Stab: Holy
Haunting Hack Dark

Celdia

Yes, dino. Those are the right elements for the Mystic Knight skills.

Lucifer_zero

Celdia, only little thing you forgot, make those new classes need lvl 2 on Cook/Homemaker ( as pre requisite of Red Mage ). ^^
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Celdia

I know I had let that slip on a few lower classes before and it caused some annoying problems. However, if you can get 6 levels in Red Mage from JP bleed-over you're welcome to those new classes without Cook/HM. ^_^

Scearcely

in-game description of oracle requirements is wrong:

says takes level 2 redmage, level 2 alchemist.  unlocked with just level 2 redmage(as per the job web)

Celdia

Thank you, Scearcely. I hadn't noticed that I missed that change. That's a holdover from 1.3x I think...

Updated with v1.51. Major ENTD changes for late game. Gunslingers now all have GUNS! Brilliant notion, that. Please update your ISOs and my apologies as usual for another quick fix on this thing again. Maybe before I hit v2.0 I'll manage an update that doesn't need a fix. But I doubt it.

@dino: Get this update and try Yardow again!

Lucifer_zero

Gunslingers now have guns... great, sad that i don´t have a save before Riovannes, and by the way... could you make not all gunners on Riovanes have two guns ? that´s making me sandbagging most of the battle, the best way for me to win was abusing charm...

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

EmmaNigma

Awesome, Celly! I am gonna try it out and refuse to play the "Homemaker" class :P
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Celdia

Then you're going to miss out the more powerful magic classes for the MA-boosted female units.

Celdia

@Lucifer_zero: I tested the battle at Riovanes with the gunners up on the walls. While I'll admit that this battle is a bit above the normal Vanilla difficulty, it is also quite managable. The easy answer is to just take in your own Gunslingers. Some Torero units with Germinas Boots can also scale those walls in about one round and start stabbing with spears or just Steal Heart with their innate Enhance skill that boosts the success rate of almost everything they use. That's just taking a couple physical damage options. You can also take a high MA build with Red Magic and use Heal to mitigate the damage you're taking across the whole field since it heals all your units. ^_^ There's lots of ways to deal with them.

dinosaur

Since your classes are very MA base. Have you thought of something like Behemoth Power but for magic? I think it would be awesome :D

Lucifer_zero

Yeah Celdia, i was replaying this battle, there is another "easy way" that a didn´t thoutgh of... using armored units next to the door, this one was really my bad... and Really, Torero + Steal Heart... ^^ my Ramza is Don Juan !

Sometimes i really wish that Ghaele was the one who had HALF MP, not Summoner, by the way, now with warlock and ghaele, what changes summoner will receive ^^ ? ( curiosity )

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia