• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:09:59 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

DeadManWalking

March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:40:09 pm by DeadManWalking
Since all sorts of people have a thread just for their sprites, here's one for mine.

For my first Sprite, I made this for use as a job sprite for a class I'm trying to create in FFT 1.3, link to more info is here, http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... =18&t=4877

I have to thank Cheetah/Cyberbade for inspiration, as I never would have thought to use the base I did without seeing their work.

Anyway, I think the 4th portrait might need a little touching up, I'll do that in the morning before starting on the female version, anyway, here they are, if you don't know, the order is:

1. Player, 2. Hokuten, 3. Nanten, 4. Death Corps, 5. Church

Edit: I've recolored these with a new palette, and I'm thinking of just submitting it as a generic male dark knight/generic female holy knight and working on something more unique for Marshal based off of the Female version, maybe using Oracle as a base?

Jon

You posted the spritesheet as a .bmp, making it blurry. Who cares though, I can see what you are trying to do. The sprite is okay, but the portraits need work, unfortunetly that is not my area and I can't really offer any advice. As for the sprite sheet, did you use already existing colors from other characters? If not, you may want to do that, because you never know how this might appear in game. The idea is solid, and this is pretty good for a first sprite. Keep it up!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

DeadManWalking

April 02, 2010, 01:38:12 am #2 Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:30:41 am by DeadManWalking
Here's something I worked on during the downtime, with a few minor modifications based off of advice from Cheetah.

Edit: Fixed a small problem I noticed.

Kagebunji

Hmm, not bad, colors are nice, the only small problem would be the eyes on port, they are too dark if you ask me. How is this monk as shrine knight caled?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

Haven't particularly thought of anything, although I might wind up using it if I get around to making any projects.

DeadManWalking

Here's the prototype for a more custom male Marshal sprite made from the Squire, Cloud, and SMASH's Kent sprite, although I may change the sleeve/glove/boot colors to keep it from being monotonous.

Kagebunji

Upper body looks good, but you need to think of something better for legs, they look strange on him, I dunno how to say it. Try using some other legs that has such pants.

mav

The female sprite looks fantastic, but not so much with the portrait. For the new male sprite, definitely give him some other pants, as Kage suggested. Maybe male Thief or Algus or something.

DeadManWalking

Here's a new version, I used Ninja instead of Cloud as a base.

jimmyjw88

Interesting sprite. Looking good so far. Definitely Ninja than Cloud, its too puffy.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Change the pant color--those reds are way too bright.

Kagebunji

Yes you need to change the colors, other than that, the pants look a way better now.

DeadManWalking

Okay, I finished up with the sprite, it just needs some playtesting and a portrait to go with it.  Here's a preview til I finish the portrait.

mav

Something is wrong with the forward-facing frame--the face looks too narrow, the eyes don't look right, and the hair is kind of floating over there. I still don't really like the pants--they look like sweatpants, but overall you're heading in the right direction.

DeadManWalking

Well, that's not something I did.  That head came directly from SMASH's Kent sprite, I guess it's the risk I take when I use someone else custom sprite, it might be perfect, anyway, I edited it a bit and added portraits, here's how it looks now.

Jumza

The front facing poses are missing mouthes...
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Cheetah

Decent design, but just a tad messy. You really need to work on where the squires body (I think that is what it is) turns into the head replacement (especially the rear angles). The missing mouth is part of this. Missing noses is okay, but mouths.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Quote from: "Cheetah"You really need to work on where the squires body (I think that is what it is) turns into the head replacement (especially the rear angles).
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DeadManWalking

Um... I've been checking some other sprites (Squire, Knight, and the Kent one, namely) ... and I don't see mouths on any of the sprites themselves, unless it's the singing sprite.  Or do you mean making the bottom line of the head darker than usual to kinda sorta maybe look like a mouth?

Edit: And, about the head replacement, do you mean the dark areas at the back of the head?  That was actually apart of the original hair colors, one of the reasons I picked that one was because the 'black' color was dark enough for the black on the main palette to work with it.  Though maybe I should change heads with one of the official sprites, although I was really hoping for a custom look.

jimmyjw88

Basically, something is wrong with the face; its too long compared to others. And the eyes are strange too.

Look:
[attachment=0:azkpzr6z]Testing 12.png[/attachment:azkpzr6z]