• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Crash on startup

Started by chaos128, October 16, 2020, 07:42:25 pm

chaos128

Hi Everyone, I am trying to play this mod, I have patched different FFT PSX bins that I've found online and I ePSXe 1.5.0 but everyone I run the bin the emulator crashes.  I am familiar with patching bins and isos, but I've never run across this problem before, any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Elric

Quote from: chaos128 on October 16, 2020, 07:42:25 pmHi Everyone, I am trying to play this mod, I have patched different FFT PSX bins that I've found online and I ePSXe 1.5.0 but everyone I run the bin the emulator crashes.  I am familiar with patching bins and isos, but I've never run across this problem before, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is there a reason you are using such an old version of ePSXe? While i don't see why that would be an issue, I would say to try ePSXe 2.0. However due to the load delay caused by ALMA (one of the ASM hacks used in this mod) it will likely freeze in some spots. I recommend you use the emulator pSX (or pSXFin) to play the mod. It's lightweight, requires no plugins, and is proven to be able to play the mod without issue.
  • Modding version: PSX