• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:53:02 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Really loving the mod! Quick question on Blue Mage

Started by Grim, December 15, 2016, 02:07:00 am

Grim

Just started playing this mod and absolutely loving it, played the vanilla game and WotL so much! I was wondering there was a way to get a blue magic list? Want to put Rad to good use  :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX

Celdia

Here's a full spoiler list for Rad's Blue Magic.

The skills and monsters you're looking for are:

Chocobo (Any) - Chocobo Cure
Elemental (Fire Elemenal) - Explosion
Skeleton (Darkest Knight) - Dark Wave
Lamia (Any) - Slavery Song

Tortoise (Any) - Critical Rush
Malboro (Worm Hydra or Malboro) - Bad Breath
Floating Eye (Plague) - Doom Gaze
Esper (Welkin) - Lightning Spirit

Ghost (Ghost or Wraith) - Haunt
Dragon (Earth Dragon) - Quake
Lucavi (Zalera) - Flare (Flare 2? I forget what its currently called in the patch)
Zodiac Beast (Serpentarius) - Zodiac

That's everything Rad can learn in no particular order.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Grim

Thank you! Cant wait to get them all!!!! Gonna make my mageknight unstoppable :D

Grim

Unlocked Ambi and was going to put it on my Vanquisher but it is grayed out and says "Job Specialty already set" not sure if its a bug or intended. Would love to dual wield on my Belmont :D

Neophyte Ronin

The Vanquisher is most likely the Ninja from Vanilla Tactics in terms of Job/Class replacements and the Ambidexterity Trait is also called Two Swords.  In the original Vanilla Tactics, Ninja cannot Set Two Swords because their Class already has them technically speaking; the programmers actually got rid of the ability for Ninjas to set something that was already Innate for them.  A workaround for that is likely something that doesn't even exist because FFTPatcher doesn't have the ASM that accommodates that (I doubt anybody has figured out a hack that does).

OdebaronBR

MogGuy

So I'm aware that this board is mostly dead, but I can't find my answer anywhere.

My Rad has been hit by Haunt in his base job as a Blue Mage at least a dozen times. Is there something I'm missing about learning Blue Magic?

Celdia

I never did get around to testing that the learn flags were properly set and functioned in game. its possible something might just plain not-work. As long as its set up right and he's being hit by an enemy monster, he should be able to learn it. Assuming it isn't putting him into a status that blocks learning. Not sure anything but Dead/Petrify stops that though.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

MogGuy

I figured it out. It sets "Curse", which blocks reaction abilities, and apparently the learning is flagged in the system as a reaction ability (which makes sense from a technical standpoint). So I taught him that Butler ability that sets immunity and learned it that way. Easy fix. But thanks for replying!