• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:17:22 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[SOLVED] Help with Emulator

Started by MerlinRST, October 30, 2022, 12:42:54 am

MerlinRST

October 30, 2022, 12:42:54 am Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 05:43:55 am by MerlinRST
My world map is completely dark, I only see the objective points to walk between them. Earlier today everything was ok. I copied a friend's video configuration and the map still doesn't appear for me, and his map appears normally. I've been playing on version 2.0.2 for years but this time I can't solve it.
I downloaded versions 1.7, 2.05 and even 1.8 and in all of them the world map is not normal. I already deleted the ePSXe records from windows and reconfigured the emulators, and it had no effect... I don't know what else to do to get it back to normal, please help me.
  • Modding version: PSX
Merlin was here! ;)
  • Discord username: Harley Quinn#0534

3lric

Quote from: MerlinRST on October 30, 2022, 12:42:54 amMy world map is completely dark, I only see the objective points to walk between them. Earlier today everything was ok. I copied a friend's video configuration and the map still doesn't appear for me, and his map appears normally. I've been playing on version 2.0.2 for years but this time I can't solve it.
I downloaded versions 1.7, 2.05 and even 1.8 and in all of them the world map is not normal. I already deleted the ePSXe records from windows and reconfigured the emulators, and it had no effect... I don't know what else to do to get it back to normal, please help me.

There are several guides on the site for this. Look in the pinned index threads here and in the tutorials section as well.

Though I will add that ePSXe is just about the worst emulator you can possibly use for playing FFT mods. Or PS1 games in general.

MerlinRST

Quote from: Elric on October 30, 2022, 02:54:39 pmThere are several guides on the site for this. Look in the pinned index threads here and in the tutorials section as well.

Though I will add that ePSXe is just about the worst emulator you can possibly use for playing FFT mods. Or PS1 games in general.
I'll look for the tutorials. As for the other emulators, which one/which ones do you recommend? I've always used ePSXe, so I don't know it very well.
Merlin was here! ;)
  • Discord username: Harley Quinn#0534

RetroTypes

PSX is the simplest to use, not the best looking but it's also the most compatible with mods (especially older ones). You can get it from the tools page or google.

Also, if you've done anything like trying to combine mods/hacks without knowing exactly what you're doing, that would likely cause issues as well, so hopefully you haven't done that and are just playing vanilla or a mod directly from the forums.
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

3lric

Quote from: RetroTypes on October 31, 2022, 09:08:27 pmPSX is the simplest to use, not the best looking but it's also the most compatible with mods (especially older ones). You can get it from the tools page or google.

Also, if you've done anything like trying to combine mods/hacks without knowing exactly what you're doing, that would likely cause issues as well, so hopefully you haven't done that and are just playing vanilla or a mod directly from the forums.
pSX 1.13, or PSXfin. No one is gon a find it via PSX. lol