• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:24:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Mercenaries Skill Videos

Started by Archael, November 22, 2008, 05:31:18 pm

Archael

November 22, 2008, 11:14:28 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"It's a pity that the only random/multiple-hitting formulas are MA-based.

That's mostly the reason I'm stumped when it comes to physical-only based attacks that do can no status.

It gets kind of repetitive after a while....

Hmm....

yeah it is a pity

I'm looking thru formulas and combine with some 1.3 tricks I learned

I can make a skill that fires twice (Weapon Damage each), and each hit has a 25% chance of doing something (Spell, another physical skill, etc)

Gambit type move?

or something?

I can make it have a 25% chance to fire another shot, re-curring

The Damned

November 22, 2008, 11:30:35 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Heh, I'm not sure how I feel like about "a Gambit-type move" when thus far Gambler is annoying me (if only because I can't get Roulette to work how I want it to and I can't seem to find a healing formula that doesn't add status 100%).

Anyway, what I was "hmmm..."ing about was something I was wondering: Would to make an ability that use the Arc-type path of a Longbow? Sort of like a Richochet Shot if you didn't check off Direct?

(Wait, the other skills using "Direct"? I'm just assuming.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Archael

November 22, 2008, 11:36:33 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"Heh, I'm not sure how I feel like about "a Gambit-type move" when thus far Gambler is annoying me (if only because I can't get Roulette to work how I want it to and I can't seem to find a healing formula that doesn't add status 100%).

Anyway, what I was "hmmm..."ing about was something I was wondering: Would to make an ability that use the Arc-type path of a Longbow? Sort of like a Richochet Shot if you didn't check off Direct?

(Wait, the other skills using "Direct"? I'm just assuming.)

These abilities take the weapon property of whatever you're using

they can't bypass obstacles...

I doubt I can make them fire twice (from the xbows) and by-pass obstacles at the same time

The Damned

November 22, 2008, 11:43:20 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Hmmm...I'm kinda of stumped then, especially since you already used the cliche "Long Shot" ability (or it was at least suggested). I can't really think of anything else at present outside of equally cliche elemental shots, which don't really "fit" the class.

Speaking of "fit", what does LD want with Warder? Since we can't have Arbalist use Status, I'm going to assume that Warder has particular restriction to shape the set, no?

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Archael

November 22, 2008, 11:44:50 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"Hmmm...I'm kinda of stumped then, especially since you already used the cliche "Long Shot" ability (or it was at least suggested). I can't really think of anything else at present outside of equally cliche elemental shots, which don't really "fit" the class.

Speaking of "fit", what does LD want with Warder? Since we can't have Arbalist use Status, I'm going to assume that Warder has particular restriction to shape the set, no?

Warder has no real restriction, but it's PA based, it's slow, it has high HP, and it will always be in Defending status (meaning any shield it uses has Double EV % on him)

Spells, for example, would not suit him at all

EDIT: Arbalist currently has no "Longshot" ability

all it's skills are 4 panel range (like it's crossbows), if you watched the vids

The Damned

November 22, 2008, 11:51:14 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Well, Longshot was just suggested already then.

As for Warder, sounds like Wall would perfect for him if we could stop Wall from being glitchy.

I'll try to think about it before I go to sleep tonight.

Archael

November 22, 2008, 11:56:06 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"Well, Longshot was just suggested already then.

As for Warder, sounds like Wall would perfect for him if we could stop Wall from being glitchy.

I'll try to think about it before I go to sleep tonight.

yeah.. we can't remove the permanent aspect of Wall Status

we need ideas for that job... Tank skills

but letting him get close (slow, 3 move, and I'm pretty sure LD is not keeping Move +3 around), should result in big damage

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 12:01:51 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
One more thing before I go to bed/leave the computer: Do you know what equipment LD wants Warder to use?

Shield, Helmet, Armor, and Accessories seem rather obvious based on what you said, but weapon-wise?

Archael

November 23, 2008, 12:04:12 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"One more thing before I go to bed/leave the computer: Do you know what equipment LD wants Warder to use?

Shield, Helmet, Armor, and Accessories seem rather obvious based on what you said, but weapon-wise?

no clue

we tossed around the idea of them using axes (1h) / flails  / spears / swords but no decisions..

weapon type shouldn't affect skill ideas too much

as for gear

heavy armor  / shields but they dont get to wear mantles

their C EV is 0% and all they do is block stuff with Defending + Shields

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 12:11:20 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Voldemort7"as for gear

heavy armor  / shields but they dont get to wear mantles

their C EV is 0% and all they do is block stuff with Defending + Shields

That's nice foresight.

Anyway, while the weapons shouldn't really affect the skillset, it gives me something, if anything, to focus on. I'll try to keep it in mind.

Archael

November 23, 2008, 12:14:06 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
think heavy crushing blows

very little ranged

(which is why that Line Armor Break probably will change or not end up on them)

maybe some defensive moves? help the party?

probably no rezing

yes to damage reduction buffs...

LastingDawn

November 23, 2008, 12:53:51 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Very nice work thus far, Voldemort! These videos are quite a good showing of potential.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

dwib

November 23, 2008, 01:08:17 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Some ideas for Warder? not sure if this is the direction you feel it should be headed but here goes
Aura - Gives Regen and Reraise to user
Invigorate - PA + 2
Fortify - Gives Protect to all units surrounding user (AoE : 2)
Pile Drive - Weapon Damage and reduces target's CT to 0
Shield Swing - Deals damage and knocks back all surrounding units
Debilitate - Deals Damage + PA -1 and MA -1

Lydyn

November 23, 2008, 01:19:28 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I don't believe Pile Drive and Debilitate will work without modifying formulas.

Archael

November 23, 2008, 01:20:55 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Lydyn"I don't believe Pile Drive and Debilitate will work without modifying formulas.

that's ok...

something as powerful as CT 00 doesnt need to do damage

it's not a bad idea.. and not as powerful as 3 range Persuade (albeit this will probably be more accurate)

Archael

November 23, 2008, 01:54:05 am #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
added "Riskbreaker"

% chance extra hits attack

basically a way to burn your MP away if you're feeling lucky

boomkick

November 23, 2008, 02:01:20 am #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Hey Voldemort, is it possible to make the crossbow shoot a very far range (more then 4 panels) with a skill? That was a suggestion of Longshot.

Meat Shield- High Mana Cost, Defend/Protect/Shell on Self.
Ghost Shot- Throw Spirit animation, Deals life stealing damage (if possible?)
Phase Blow- Wave Fist animation, Deals Magical damage.
Dark Arrow- Dispose animation, Long Ranged damage.

O and what is the basic idea for warder, i don't have an idea of what he is suppose to be.

Archael

November 23, 2008, 02:04:39 am #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
^ Read the first 6 posts in this 2nd page

it explains Warder well... he's a tank, and has high Blocking %'s too... hard to kill unless you attack from behind

also I don't think Arbalist should get range

they will be incredibly deadly from mid-range (4 panel)

let the Archers snipe, or perhaps give Longshot to them

and yes it is possible to do Longshot to increase the weapon's range, I think

REQUESTING!!!:
Someone who is good with CT and damage Calculations to take a look at Poised Shot and Explosive Shot and balance their relative CT's, MP Costs, and WP+ bonuses. THNX! ^_^[/b]

boomkick

November 23, 2008, 02:12:20 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Well lets give the Warder Meat Shield.

more warder skills then.

Pain- Shake off animation, Deals damage equal to his MAX HP - CURRENT HP, 1 panel range.
Disarm- Breaks an enemy's weapon, 1 panel range.
Earth Stomp- Mimic Titan animation, he uses his heavy ass armor to stomp the ground with massive force, 2 panel effect range.

Ill edit this more later. Try it while im editing :).

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 04:31:24 am #39 Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 11:30:15 am by The Damned
Since my insomnia is kicking my ass extra hard due to having accidentally fallen asleep early, I guess I'll put up my suggestions now. I have to say that having finally looked at all the formulas via copying down to Word, I'm somewhat disheartened about how many of them use MA exclusively.

It's rather annoying when it comes to PA-based classes:

• Grapple: Sets_CT00 at close-range while Persevering. (Uses formula 15, which is Faith-based and MA-based.)
  • Forbid: Close-range single-target Mute basically. (Uses formula 16, which is both Faith-based and MA-based.)
  • Crumble: Close-range single-target attack that does a third of max HP damage to those with Protect, Shell, Reflect or Defending (which it would attempt to Cancel). (It uses the Death formula, which is 0E, which is Faith-based and MA-based.)
  • Relieve: Close-range healing technique that Cancels Defending and Sleep and heals 20% HP. (Uses formula 35, which is PA-based.)
  • Rest: Restores HP to full in return for putting the Warder to Sleep and otherwise Stopping him/her. (Uses formula 35 as well, which is PA-based.)
  • Cripple: A close-range physical attacks that attempts to Slow down the enemy so that he Cannot Move or Act. (Uses formula...31? There really aren't many good PA using formulas.)
  • Snuff: A close-range attacks that puts a slumbering opponent to bed forever. (Uses formula 0E, which is Faith-based and MA-based.)
  • Kick: A close-range attack that attempts to put some distance between the Warder and a pressuring opponent. (Uses formula 37, which is PA-based but random.)
  • Shield Spin: A close-range attack that attempts to knockback all nearby. (Uses formula 37, which is PA-based but random.)
  • Persevere (For "the Lols"): The Warder attempts to fight off the fatigue and bodily decay caused by his never-ceasing Defending. Heals 10% HP and cancels Poison, Undead, and Don't Move. (Uses formula 35, which is PA-based.)

I have to admit that dwib inspired me with regards to Grapple & Kick and that Shield Spin is basically the same thing he already suggested; I'll probably be using two or three of the above myself in the early phases of my own patch.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and go to sleep that so that I can dream of electric sheep.