• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 11:08:40 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Reliquian (Antiquirian) (Update on First Post)

Started by LastingDawn, November 18, 2008, 12:55:37 am

LastingDawn

November 19, 2008, 02:32:21 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It's not that easy...  the Items which the new "Summoner"(which won't be called Summoner) will be using are items that have a 50% chance to use their skill, the skill will obviously be a monster skill different from the ones already contained in the Blue Mage class. but yes, the Bombs would be the best way to show these new abilities, but further information on this should probably go in the Summoner Thread, hehe.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

November 19, 2008, 08:17:13 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Really rare items (Chaos Blade for example) should only be stolen from a Relic Seeker who holds that weapon (and is quite deadly o.O), just like in 1.3.

These should only be for the most powerful of skills.

But for the lower level skills, poaching would suffice.

LastingDawn

November 19, 2008, 11:35:50 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, Poaching will only be for the Monster Essences, now it is missions (read: randoms) which will net you Relics, as well as the first two  will be in stores so a Reliquian will always have something to do.

Art of War

Disco_Peach

November 24, 2008, 01:23:56 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
How do you even set the items you want to break in the Draw Out skillset?

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 01:51:58 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well I made a mistake with that, I think I admitted...? In that, I thought I read something in FFT Patcher to do so, but I was wrong. The way I'm doing it is to replace the Katana's with unequippable Relics, that are used when you *draw out*.

Art of War

Disco_Peach

November 24, 2008, 02:04:27 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
Yeah, I thought as much. Thanks for clearing that up for me! The weapon type is still "katana" right? Can you change the inventory at all? For example, use a weapon type besides katana? Even if it's all the same weapon type? Via ASM even?

Gamesoul Master

November 24, 2008, 03:29:40 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gamesoul Master
@LD: Have you actually tested replacing them with unequippable relics yet? I would be interested to if the game determines what items to use purely by the slot, or if there's something else it's using to figure it out.

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 03:31:15 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, it's as simple as making sure no class can equip Katana's. From there, they becomes unequippable. At that point they become only used for skills.

Art of War

Gamesoul Master

November 24, 2008, 03:36:18 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gamesoul Master
Well actually, what I'm getting at, is if it's only the slot that matters (and absolutely nothing else), then the same concept most likely applies to the Materia Blade, which is unfortunate. I was basically just wondering if there was any hope for that Materia Blade requirement being useful for more than one weapon... lol.

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 03:41:48 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Not quite... Zodiac has proved and tested, beyond a doubt that the Materia Blade has a specific byte assigned to it, only One item can use the Materia Blade Byte. But it doesn't Have to be a weapon though, with his advances it can be any item.

Art of War

Gamesoul Master

November 24, 2008, 04:04:55 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gamesoul Master
Hopefully he'll come and elaborate on that, because if it has a specific byte assigned to it, I'm not quite sure how only one item can have it. It's only one byte, so it can't discriminate in any way. And I'd assume the code for checking if the Materia Blade is equipped isn't going to know how many items have that byte assigned, because it's only going to check the item currently equipped.

And if it's a specific byte assigned, and it can be any item, that means that the slot itself doesn't have an extra byte of memory allocated for bearing that byte. Meaning that if any one item in any slot can have the byte, that *all* items are capable of having that byte assigned.

Put it all together, and there doesn't seem to be any possible way for the game to refuse there being more than one item having the byte assigned. Only way would be if the byte indeed can only exist in the Materia Blade's slot, but that the item *in* that slot can be anything.

If *that's* the case, couldn't we just take one of the unknown bytes in any given file and change it to be that byte instead? How would the code check for an "extra" byte that no other file has in the first place that is slot-specific?

I suppose the best thing I could do at this point is run a search and try to find where he made mention of this discovery, and what details he might've given about it.

Edit: Unfortunately, I found the post, and his explanation was about as cryptic as yours. I'm guessing from his post that it's not a byte assigned to an item, but instead a byte specifying what the item is. Not only does this seem an illogical way for the programmers to do it, but I've just never really heard of it being that way. Especially since they had good code set up for the proper way to do it (I'm referring to sword skills). But if that's indeed how they did it, I guess it's not like there's anything that can be done about it. I'll have to look further to see for sure if that's what it is.

Archael

November 24, 2008, 05:14:05 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Reliquian seriously >>>> Antiquirian

who the hell suggested Antiquirian so I can push him over a very high elevation

boomkick

November 24, 2008, 08:00:07 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I didn't :)

So anyways LD, when might you decide on what to do with the skills he may have?

Disco_Peach

November 24, 2008, 08:19:19 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
Quote from: "Voldemort7"Reliquian seriously >>>> Antiquirian

who the hell suggested Antiquirian so I can push him over a very high elevation

Lol. Dash him with 100% knock back.

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 11:46:25 pm #54 Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:59:19 am by LastingDawn
Alright, here are the planned skills...

Relic 1 (Bought from Stores) Weathered Sword - Compass OR Point --> Description: "A weak linear attack that splinters the most common of swords with Lightning to find either the path home or to victory." (Minor damage; Lightning Element [if the formula allows for it]; Linear Attack with furthest reaching range of all abilities in this Skill Set--basically a far weaker Lightning-based Kikuichimoji; Discriminating Damage)

Relic 2 - (Bought from Stores) - Guardian's Wish - Strict Order - Grants the Defending status to self and nearby allies

Relic 3 - (Poach) - Blissful Ignorance - Reality- causes the effected to have doubts about God's existence. (Innocent)

Relic 4 - (Mission Award) - Glass Axe - Shattered Suffrage - An axe with a penchant for Blood, will dive it's shattered remains into any nearby friend or foe.

Relic 5 - (Poach) - Star Chart -Southern Cross -  Deals holy element damage in a cross shaped area of effect

Relic 6 - (Mission Award) - Rusty Claws -Rising Sun -  self+ Berserk, Haste and Protect

Relic 7 - (Mission Award/Poach) -  Broken Pocket Watch - Clockwork Night - An engimatic reaction occurs when this ebony watch is used in this fashion, as all of the area is consumed by peerless darkness and much screaming." (Moderate HP Damage; Standard Draw Out AOE; Dark-based; Attempts to add Blind; Discriminating.    

Relic 8 - (Poach) - Feng Shui Charts - Elemental Breakdown - 1 AoE, casts                                      
a devastating spell which infects the body with many configurations, can do a variety of status to survivals, granted they don't resist any Element.

Relic 9 - (Mission Award) - Advisor's Signet - Lightbulb - Adds +1 MA to one ally.

Relic 10 - (Secret Skill)(Unique) - Orb of Minu - Containing the Soul of the First Magician, Minu, it's power surpasses any Other tool of Magic, casting a spell long forgotten by humans and spirits alike. Uses the spell he sacrificed his life to unlock. Uses Ultima (2).
--------------------------------------------------------

Well! That's what I have for a proposed skillset, please tell me what you think?

Art of War

The Damned

November 25, 2008, 12:05:44 am #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Yay, Compass.

Uh...didn't you skip number 5?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

LastingDawn

November 25, 2008, 08:13:06 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Fully updated, and skipped a number? Um... surely I can... ahem... count... heh... heh...

Art of War

Dormin Jake

November 25, 2008, 10:18:39 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
I like Lightbulb as a skill idea, I've always wished there were an ability that added +1 MA like Accumulate does for PA.  However, is 1 MA really worth blowing up an item that's only gotten as a mission reward?

I really like your ability ideas in general, LD.  You have some highly creative stuff going on.  And I love references to older FFs (Orb of Minwu!).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

philsov

November 25, 2008, 11:04:19 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
my only concern with the proposed skillset is that all these items will have a 100% chance to break, right?  

Which means that half the skillset is one time use for the entire game.  I was hoping for a few more purchaseables.

Do correct me if I'm wrong though.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

The Damned

November 25, 2008, 12:09:07 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I'm pretty sure that missons can be "taken"/encountered multiple times unless LastingDawn has figured out some way to make certain encounters stop appearing. So the only one that should be a one-shot only is the Orb of Minu.

Don't quote on me on that.

In other news, yay, Clockwork Night also made it in.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"