• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 02:46:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

DTE for OPEN.LZW failed. The ISO has NOT been modified.

Started by Mickey B, May 25, 2010, 05:54:56 pm

Mickey B

This is the error I keep getting when I try to patch my FFT war of the lions for PSP using the FFTacText Editor. Even if I don't change anything I get this error.

Mickey B

Ok so I no longer have this error, but when somebody turns to crystal the game freezes. I have determined that this is because of the FFTacText Editor. The only thing I have edited though are item names (under the "quick edit" portion of the text tab). I am wondering if FFTacText Editor did something to the message that is meant to display when somebody turn into a crystal. Any advice?

Mickey B

Sorry for the triple post...
Here is what I need to know now.
Is there a way with the FFTacText Editor that I can choose to only patch the item descriptions (or some other area I select)? Because something else that it is patching is messing up my game (something related to turning into a crystal). Or could somebody just inform where I can go in the FFTacText Editor to change the message that is displayed when somebody turns into a crystal? I have looked through myself but haven't found it, and as you know there is a lot of text in the game.

Xifanie

Isn't this an old bug? Make sure you have the latest version. Can anyone confirm that .467 is fine? I forgot if that one is buggy as well for WotL.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mickey B

The latest version in the downloads menu is 0.457. As a temporary fix we made it so that everybody in the game is immune to crystal status (they still become chests). :(

Xifanie

The bug is caused by something weird in the "XXXX turned into a crystal" line when compiled. Try editing it?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mickey B

I'm not sure where this value is. I've been looking through the different .bin, .lzw, and .mez files for it. DO you know where it is located?

Mickey B

Still stuck on this one guys.
Would really appreciate some help.
Looked around all I can.

GeneralStrife

Start over, your first error I fixed by saving a tactext file and using it instead of opening an iso more than once, it worked.
Also lolotacon

philsov

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Mickey B

I no longer have the first issue.

This is my current issue (as I stated above in may):
"when somebody turns to crystal the game freezes. I have determined that this is because of the FFTacText Editor. "

So were you referring to that particular error, and therefore have experienced it yourself?

Argy

Hiya mate,

Open up your your .fftext. On the TEXT tab, scroll down to BOOT.BIN[28E5EC], then go change the top bar to 4: Battle Messeges, then scroll down to No 61 it should read
{0xE1} disappeared, leaving{Newline}  behind a crystal. Change disappeared, leaving to .... and that my friend should end youor woes on the above subject. I too had the same problem like yours and this has remedies the situation.

Cheers Argy
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!