• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Hi! NEW! Have PSCLassic/RetroArch and really wanna play these hacked files!

Started by beoulvselve, July 26, 2023, 05:33:04 pm

beoulvselve

hello,
am very proud of this forum, had no idea about it until recently when a friend bequieved me a ps classic with retro arch on it...
i played the crap out of this game back in 99, rented 10 times to finish with over 100 hrs, then bought it when it was released as a greatest hit..
heard about kids using dex drives in the early 2000's, but am very surprised and happy to see people still playing this game, and modding!?!? 
fun.
part of my love for this game, comes from the fact that stupid squaresoft never made a PROPER sequel, when they absolutely could have put out a new PS2 version with insane graphics, 48 more job classes, custom characters, insanely enhanced sprites and maps, 200 more maps...

the mind reels.

nevertheless i come back to this game, every 5 years or so, really getting into it and dumping hours into grinding and really, just trying to have mimes before even going to dorter..

honestly, i would like to play this game again, and see what treats modders put in there.
maybe even have some new items and such?
like palette swaps even!?!?
Something better than a chaos blade!?
am dying to see if new side quests and characters have been made.. maybe a 1 on 1 with vormav in a custom map, like golgorand execution site at nighttime...?

am pretty excited, but, have no idea about bin or cue, or how to even really use a good unzip?

can i please be directed to the best tutorial on this? 

(i downloaded FFT:Prime and the Lion War v2 from here)
how do i put them into a folder in my retro arch and start grindin!?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RetroTypes

With any mod you'll find on this site, you'll need a copy of the base FFT game to apply the mods to, we do not distribute the original game files. That's where the bin and cue files come from, that's the vanilla game. From there, follow the instructions in this thread to apply the mod to the game, and then load it in your emulator of choice.

Be sure to check out the tutorial link index for more useful info!
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: RetroTypes