• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:09:18 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy V Advance Random Class Challenge

Started by Eternal248, May 12, 2010, 09:35:25 am

Eternal

May 12, 2010, 09:35:25 am Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:09:09 am by Eternal248
I've been wanting to go through and replay Final Fantasy V again, since it's been a while since last I played it. However, I was getting bored of standard playthroughs, so I decided to do a rather fun challenge this time around: the random class challenge. It's hardly a special challenge, but it adds some spice to the game, and it forces you to think creatively in regards to healing and other things.

I've decided to record the boss battles on this playthrough, however, since I'm recording directly from Visual Boy Advance, there's lag in the videos, sadly. That being said, I'll post my videos here as I upload them (Youtube takes forever to upload even the smallest videos, so it might take a while) and hopefully someone out there will find them enjoyable. =P

The randomly generated team I got was:
Dragoon
Blue Mage
Black Mage
Time Mage

~Wing Raptor~

~Karlabos~

~Siren~

~Forza and Magissa~

~Shiva (Epic battle here!)~
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

philsov

QuoteDragoon
Blue Mage
Black Mage
Time Mage

That's a pretty good spread!  Shame you can't learn White Wind or Mighty Guard though...

I did this a little while ago... think it was:

Berserker
Black Mage
Thief
Red Mage

healing was a bitch.  But once I got the double lance things got a little better -- the thief basically just spammed items the whole time.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Eternal

May 12, 2010, 11:06:33 am #2 Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:08:21 am by Eternal248
Yeah, healing is kind of an issue, but I have Faris use the Healing Staff, which is plenty of healing... for now.

Later on, though, they'll be self-sufficient in healing. Bartz will have Lancet, Lenna has Vampire, Galuf will get Drain, and Faris will use Regen/Healing Staff/Items.

~Garula~

~Liquid Flame~

~Ifrit~

~Byblos (With Death Claw)~

~Byblos (Without Death Claw)~
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

philsov

Lancet sucks on a user without magic power D:, but hopefully Jump will keep him out of harm's way for a decent span.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Eternal

May 12, 2010, 01:43:41 pm #4 Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:01:18 am by Eternal248
I firmly believe that whoever coded the Sandworm battle didn't do it right. Those holes or whatever causes the ATB to act funky...

~Sandworm (With Aqua Breath)~

~Sandworm (Without Aqua Breath)~

~Cray Claw~

~Ramuh~

~Adamantoise~

beawulfx

Good stuff Eternal, these are fun! I made it pretty far in mine but then I totally fell off the wagon being too busy with school etc... maybe this will inspire me to get back into it! What I have done is in my sig though if anyone else is interested :)
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Kaijyuu

Don't forget to take out the optional super bosses, such as prototype and gil turtle.

I've been playing a SCC with all black mages over the last year or so. I'm in exdeath's castle currently. Don't play it much since I get bored quickly.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

OK, slight question to you Youtubers. I have both the Soul Cannon and Archeoaevis battles recorded, but each time, for both videos, halfway through the upload, the upload fails. Does anyone know why, or how I can fix it?

Eternal

I'm going to put each video in spoiler tags in the hopes that it'll make this thread load faster when people open it.

~Soul Cannon~

~Prototype~

~Manticore~

~Purobolos (x6!)~

~Titan~

~Gilgamesh (First Encounter, Castle Exdeath)~

~Gilgamesh (Big Bridge)~

~Tyrannosaur~

~Abductor~

~Dragon Pod~

~Gilgamesh (Mark III)~

~Atomos~

SilvasRuin

Eternal

May 13, 2010, 04:52:24 pm #10 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:07:01 am by Eternal248
As awesome as Gilgamesh is, I think Atomos is cooler. But that's just me. =P

~Catoblepas~

~Crystals~

~Galuf vs. Exdeath~

~Gil Turtle~

~Carbuncle~

~Gilgamesh IV (Part One)~
Note: taking forever to process.

~Gilgamesh IV (Part Two)~

~Exdeath~

The Damned

Quote from: "Eternal248"As awesome as Gilgamesh is, I think Atomos is cooler. But that's just me. =P

Nah, I concur.

Hmmm...this thread reminds me that I don't think I even ever finished the regular playthrough of FFV despite liking it, much less the Blue Mage SCC and SSCC that I remember starting.

I'm so damn bad at finishing standard RPGs.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of this. It looks like you're flying through it. The spoiler thing was a good idea since the threads with a lot of embedded videos are a pain in the ass to try to open.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

I tried to do a Blue Mage Solo challenge before, but my ROM got corrupted, and I really didn't feel like restarting. It's a fairly easy challenge, except that you have such limited means of healing.

~Antlion~

~Gargoyles~
Note that I won't record the battle with the Gargoyles at each Tablet area, since it's all basically the same battle.

~Sekhmet (Not really a boss)~

~Melusine~

~Bahamut~

~Odin~

~Covert~

~Wendigo~

~Minotaur~

~Omniescent~

~Triton, Nereid, and Phobos~

~Calofisteri~

~Apanda~

~Catastrophe~

~Azulmagia~

~Alte Roite/Jura Aevis~

~Halicarnassus~

~Twintania~