• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 11:19:41 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Kalas

"Hello Rhyhorn! You look like a busy fellow--all that stuff you're carting around! Are you here with anyone?" Nathalie asked, flashing a smile before setting down her backpack and blanket on the ground. With a little luck, she'd just need to hoist it on his back and walk almost completely unencumbered. "And the gold you've acquired! Busy boy!"

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn wipes his board clean, writing another message on it as the guild members run around and change all his gold and goodies around.  "With many people!  Staying in fancy Inn!" he writes, holding it for her to see again before turning to her bag.  He erases his board knowingly, and writes "Today's on Rhyhorn." as he hoists the bag onto his back and collects his now much-lighter sack of coins and loot and places it onto his back as well, turning to leave the guild hall.

EmmaNigma

November 18, 2011, 03:40:29 am #202 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:59:43 am by Qwerinty
After being directed to the Marketplace, Hogarth does indeed come across a fruit stand. She notices that there's a small bin for the rotten or mealy fruits. "Hail and honor, shopkeep! I require apples. I need them for reasons." She just stares right at the shopkeep, not moving or saying anything else.

The shopkeep eyes her wearily, and silently hands her 6 apples. "20 copper, please." Hogarth produces a few coins and puts them on the table, snatches the apples, and giggles madly to herself, darting her eyes back and forth to herself while holding the apples close, making sure no one is noticing her (despite this making her stick out like a sore thumb). She helps herself to some of mealy apples in the trash, putting them in her sack, to which the shopkeep seems passively annoyed, as if he were counting down the minutes to when he could go home.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

"Rhyhorn!" Yvonne cries, tackle hugging the sentient stone. "I finally found you!" she laughs elatedly. "You woul'n' believe those folk ou' there on the streets! They 'ad me goin' in circles for I don' know 'ow long! But then there was this nice man, oh what was 'is name... Horus, I think it was, yeah, Horus. Well, 'e gave me proper directions 'ere insteada jus' pointin' like all the other people did. He was so nice an' kind an' friendly, an' 'e asked 'bout you an' me an' the others an' said tha' if we need healin' we c'n always stop by 'is 'ome town... uhm... what was it called again?"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Kalas

"You always know how to please me big fella!" She replied, gleefully walking to his side, "So where are your friends? Are they in need of some trinkets? I've got..none to sell, but that hasn't stopped me before! Nathalie walked with him for a bit before a floating, red orb collided with the rhinoceros.

"Is this your traveling friend?"

Ryqoshay

The fire sprite looks up at the human woman beside Rhyhorn. "Who is she?" she asks the rhino.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn nods affirmatively to Nathalie's question, the pixie tackle-hugging his horn and making him look like Rudolf the Red-Nosed Rhino.  He walks with Nathalie out of the Trader's Guild and sets himself back up into his harnesses, erasing his chalkboard and trying to write some more while Yvonne's neverending Micro-Machine's-Man explanation of her ordeal chews off his nonexistent ears.  "Rhyhorn go Mage Guild.  Two come with?" he writes, trying to hold it so both can see.  He hears Yvonne's question right after he finishes writing his, but erase and write, erase and write, even a rhino can only do that so many times, so he leaves Nathalie to answer the pixie's question for herself.

Ryqoshay

"Awww... you already gon' an' made another group, Rhyhorn?" the fire Lirai pouts, not letting go of his horn.

Kalas

November 18, 2011, 03:55:15 am #208 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:59:31 am by Kalas
Nathalie stares at the peculiar creature and closely examines it as if to find a face of some sort, "I usually am not this forward, but I generally like to see faces when I talk to others," Nathalie pressed her face closer to the light and found it was a well-proportioned woman and began to speak, in whisper, "I am Nathalie. I'm an old friend of Rhyhorn's..we used to peddle..trinkets. Would you like to buy any?"

EmmaNigma

Having finished her apples while walking around, and had someone lead her to the Mages's guild because she is, in her words, "Too distracted eating apples and definitely nothing else" to find it on her own, or even with directions, she finds a nice bale of hay to sit on. Without regard to who is watching, or who it might offend, she starts tearing off bits of the apple cores and hucks them at the door of the guild. Passerbys glare at her, but say nothing because you really don't say anything to an over 6ft tall barbarian wearing a WOLF and has a bloodstained axe.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

"Kyaa! So close!" Yvonne pushes off the rocky horn and hovers a good half foot away. She recovers her composure quickly and puffs out her chest. "I'm Yvonne Scintillae Incendam, fire Lirai and sorcerer extraordinaire." She smiles warmly. "And I'm 'ere ta give Rhyhorn 'is key fer 'is room. And ta drop some a' this coinage weight down a bit." She holds up her leather pouch. "Horus said this'd be the right place ta do that."

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn places the sack he just received back from the Trader's Guild on the ground, popping it open and pulling out 32 Platinum Pieces, placing them on the ground near Yvonne and taking the key she offered him in trade, slipping it into the pouch to make sure it doesn't get lost and placing the pouch onto his back.  He erases his chalkboard and writes "Going to Mage's Guild, get gloves and cup checked.  Come?", before holding the chalkboard in his mouth and moving the question between each Yvonne and Nathalie, asking both of them.

Kalas

"Of course I could! You are carrying my stuff after all!"" Nathalie replied. Feeling it was appropriate to do so now, she patted the rhino's head, scratched it, but the rough exterior felt nothing like how he apparently thought it was good to feeling and rubbed the area she scratched before removing her hand from Rhyhorn completely.

"Which way is it, exactly?" She asked, hoping to become more friendly with a sorcerer extraordinaire.

Ryqoshay

November 18, 2011, 04:19:30 am #213 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:20:53 am by Ryqoshay
   Yvonne stares at the stack of coins, then at the leather pouch in her grasp, the back at the stack. "Well, a' least they're platinum..." she says after a moment, more to herself than to anyone else. She looks up to see Rhyhorn holding his chalkboard towards her. "Uhm, I was actually gonna go find a flower-vender-type-person. I'll join ya, but if we find a cart or shop or person or thing that sells flowers, I wanna buy one, or two. Oh, and a needle with thread too! Do you know where I coul' find one a' them?"

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn erases his chalkboard again, this time writing "We go shopping trip then.  Mage Guild and Market."  Under his breath, one could swear the words "Typical women..." could be heard, but that's crazy, he's a pony-sized stone rhinoceros.  He begins pulling for a minute, then stops, erasing his chalkboard again, writing "Give Rhyhorn 200 Gold." and motioning toward Yvonne as he pulls another 20 Platinum out of his pouch.  Once the transaction is complete, Rhyhorn begins leading the girls, following the signs to the Mage's Guild, which seems closer to them than then Market Place.

Ryqoshay

November 18, 2011, 04:37:24 am #215 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:43:52 am by Ryqoshay
   "200? Why?" Yvonne blinks. "I only have 185 gold pieces 'cause I gave the innkeep some a' Lejun's payment."

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn blinks, not having realized this, then pulls 2 of the Platinum Pieces back into his pouch, hoping he won't need to write out what to do now instead since his writin' jaw was gettin' kinda tired.

Ryqoshay

November 18, 2011, 04:59:50 am #217 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:03:06 am by Ryqoshay
   "Oh... 'I see,' said the blind carpenter as 'e picked up 'is hammer and saw." Yvonne laughs as she transfers some gold from the leather pouch into her backpack and shoves the stack of platinum in behind it. She then holds the leather pouch in front of Rhyhorn. "Keep the pouch, fer yer troubles, good sir."

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn gratefully accepts the pouch with a nod, adding it and the sack of coins onto his pack saddle as he takes a moment to wipe his chalkboard clean and continues to lead the ladies down to the Mage's Guild.

st4rw4k3r

Elia, now standing in the market place begins her search for Hogarth. After a few minutes of walking around, she notices and apple stand. Walking up to it she asks the vendor: "Hello sir. Might a large, smelly, axe wielding person come by here in search for fruit?"