• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn parks his cart in front of the Trader's Guild, unharnessing himself and slipping a small key from his saddle.  He moves over to the chest on his cart, popping the lock open and turning it to the side gently with his mouth before opening it.  On top a large pile of ALL THE THINGS lies an adamantine medallion on a string that Rhyhorn pulls into his mouth and rests on the cart, before switching back to his key and re-locking his chest.  Stowing the key, he spends a minute fiddling around before slipping the medallion around his neck and writing on his chalkboard.  Rhyhorn then walks up to the wide double-doors of the Trader's Guild, knocking on it firmly but gently with his face, trying to be loud enough to be noticed without actually damaging the doors by accident.

Celdia

After only a short moment, one of the doors opens slowly to reveal an armored guardsman with a short sword on his hip inside the building. He notes the guild token around Rhyhorn's neck and peers quizzically at the beast and his chalkboard.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn pulls his chalkboard into his mouth, holding it up for the guard to see.  "Can watch Rhyhorn's Cart please?" is written on the chalkboard, as cleanly and neatly as Rhyhorn could get it written.

Ryqoshay

November 18, 2011, 12:43:16 am #183 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:45:04 am by Ryqoshay
   "Twenty?" Yvonne blinks. "Why does tha' number sound familiar?" she thinks a moment before giving up. She sets the leather pouch down on the counter, opens it and starts pulling out coins. "Uhm, le's see... tha's... sixteen... tha' leaves four fer you ta pay Elia." The Lirai looks up at the young human woman. "No, two," she corrects herself, "since I'm stayin' wit'choo t'night." She pulls out two more coins and adds them to the stacks to cover everyone else's rooms. "Say, Elia, ya wanna help me make sure everyone knows we're gettin' dinner t'night?"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Celdia

The guard reads the chalkboard, inspects Rhyhorn's guild token again and simply responds "Yes, sir." in an even voice before taking up a station next to the cart of ALL THE THINGS without further inquiry, leaving the door ajar for the stone beast.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn nods thankfully, walking with the guard back to the cart so that he could pull out the giant sack of ALL THE COINS with a SIDE OF GEMSTONES that the party obtained from the Orc battle, dragging it into the Trader's Guild and looking for a place where he can exchange currency and other such things.

st4rw4k3r

Elia pulls out 2gp. "Inform the others about dinner? Can do." She places them on the counter next Yvonne's stack. "Anything else needed before I head off?"

Celdia

The lobby immediately inside the guildhall is fairly small and consists of more brick walls, a stone floor covered with various eye-catching carpets, a couple of small, barred windows and a pair of heavy, metallic doors on the far wall. One of the doors is labeled with 'Guild Members Only' and the other is unmarked, though opened briefly as another guard exits it to presumably replace the one now outside. Three other guards also stand vigilant in this small room, presumably both for the safety of the guildhouse and its patrons. A few people are standing in line for one of the windows which has a sign for currency exchange over it. The other window, currently unoccupied, has a sign beside it listing fees for various trading permits available.

Celdia

The innkeeper smiles cheerfully as she scoops up the coins and drops them into a lockbox before producing five keys each with a numbered tag attached to it and setting them on the counter. She politely waits for the priestess and the pixie to finish their conversation before directing them to the stairs at the far side of the room which will lead them to their rooms up on the third floor.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn looks around, taking note of the various things in the Guild Hall and drags his sack of ALL THE LOOT into the line for Currency Exchange, fidgeting around some as he waits for his turn at the window.

Ryqoshay

"Jus' our key." The fire sprite says with a grin. "I'll take Rhyhorn's to 'im." With that, she grabs what's left of her pay and heads for the door. "Uhm... which way did 'e go again..." She glances up and down the street. "Hello!" she calls to a boy in a green tunic passing by. "'Ave you seen a rocky rhino 'round 'ere? Didja see which way 'e went? I gotta give 'im 'is key for 'is room t'night."
   The boy nods and points in the direction Rhyhorn went.
   "Thanks!" Yvonne says happily and hurries on her way. Upon reaching an intersection, she stops. "Hello!" she calls to an elderly woman selling apples. "'Ave you seen a rocky rhino 'round 'ere? Didja see which way 'e went? I gotta give 'im 'is key for 'is room t'night."
   The woman smiles gently and tells the little sprite the direction Rhyhorn went.
   "Thanks!" the fey girl says cheerfully and continues on her way. However, upon reaching the next intersection, she once again looks around for someone to give directions. "Hello!" she calls to an elven woman of considerable beauty. "'Ave you seen a rocky rhino 'round 'ere? Didja see which way 'e went? I gotta give 'im 'is key for 'is room t'night."
   The elf seems a bit put off by the interruption of whatever she was doing, but nonetheless points out the direction she saw Rhyhorn travel.
   "Thanks!" the Lirai says and heads towards the next intersection...

Celdia

Gather Info Check: Forced Success, it seems. *facepalms*

st4rw4k3r

November 18, 2011, 01:54:53 am #192 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:55:37 am by st4rw4k3r
Elia uses her amazing powers of thinking back a few minutes ago to remember that Hogarth said she was heading to the marketplace. She turns to the Inn Keeper. "Might I inquire where the market place is?"

Kalas

"Oh how you toy with me sir! I appreciate the compliment, but I really am in a bit of a pickle right now," said a young woman, both arms awkwardly holding clunky, somewhat heavy items, "I'd love to join you for dinner, sir, but I'm in need of a place to stay at the moment..I need a good foundation, you know?" The good sir seemed to respond to her, but her eyes wandered to a very merry rhinoceros standing out in the bustling hall.

"I am so sorry sir, but I'm afraid I must leave you for the time being. I've found a..business partner," she left, but not before leaving her pitch for the now enticed good sir, "I almost forgot! My name is Nathalie, sir. If you're ever in need of help, I offer my services--any time!" The man fumbled on his own words and stood awkwardly with his legs crossed though Nathalie was already away from him and edging closer to the pony-sized rhino.

"Rhyhorn! You're looking rough as ever!" Nathalie said, attempting to make a gesture to pat his back, but quickly slipped her back.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn reacts happily, glad to see a familiar face after that horrid ordeal at the checkpoint and lets out a small, happy roar before dipping his head down to his chalkboard.  He quickly erases the message there and writes "ELLO NATHALIE" in quick, big letters, holding it up to her, his happy eyes quickly wandering to the huge pile of god knows what she's carrying all over her as he tilts his head a bit.

Celdia

Elia

The innkeeper quickly rattles off directions to the marketplace for Elia, repeating them again to make sure she's got the route correct.

EmmaNigma

November 18, 2011, 02:26:45 am #196 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:32:09 am by SilentB
Meanwhile, Hogarth is furious. There is not one easy way to tell where the Marketplace is! Everytime she asks someone, they point to these wooden things with paint on them. Or they just hold their hand over their mouth and nose, turn away, and cough a lot. She punches one of the signs, splintering it and leaving it half hanging off the other half. Feeling better and more confident, she walks around aimlessly, hoping that Goddarth, the God of Luck, will allow her to find the Marketplace before more humiliation.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

"Hello!" Yvonne greets an elderly woman selling apples. "'Ave you seen... wait... di'n' I come this way before?" she glances back the way she came. "Uhm..."

((Request "Official" Gather Info Check to find the Rhyhorn and the money changers.))

EmmaNigma

((Double that order. Definitely need a Gather Info check to find this damned Marketplace))
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Celdia

Rhyhorn eventually reaches the front of the queue, handing over the coins and gems for changing and sale. The moneychanger notes his guild token and asks him to wait while the gemstones are appraised. After maybe half an hour passes, another guildmember comes out from the unmarked door with a heavy pouch jingling with coins and hands it to him with a small receipt of exchange.