• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:12:42 pm

Status Immunity Crystal?

Started by Jon, September 11, 2010, 02:51:47 pm

Jon

Does this mean that the dead unit will never crysalfy when the timer reaches 0 and or will they have little stars over their heads? Is there a way to always have units from crystalfying?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kokojo

It will always bug ; don't use it. It can lead to infinite-0 timer on people's head plus some bugs.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

LastingDawn

Not quite Kokojo. IF it is just Crystal that means it has a 50/50 chance of crystalizing (and failing) or turning into Treasure chests.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

if you make it immune to treasure/crystal its just gonna sit on a 0 counter and in fact it will pause over that character for a split second showing that the game tried and failed to crystalize/treasure and then move on to the next units turn, tho i would not mind having a status flag for having the little star thingies instead of it just being an ENTD flag....
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

Hmm, okay thanks a lot everyone for the info, I will probably use the Immortal thing in ENTD then.

Zozma

lol sounds like  you'd  have to use it a lot if thats the case... i wish it was a real status flag and not just ENTD... :(
the little star thingy actually comes from undead jobs in the original tactics ogre

Jon

I gotta check that out, undead jobs you say. I never noticed that. I think I saw similar graphics on the SNES Ogre Battle game, but not comparable to the PS game. I wish there was a flag too, ENTD would take forever. Also, does reraise work if you only have 1 unit on the map?? Zozma, you said the game pauses for a brief second at 0, after this can you still revive them or does it "technically" count as a crystalfy/treasure drop?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

The problem with the ENTD tag is that it grants immunity to several other status effects, besides crystal.  I think.  Maybe.  Does it?

philsov

yup -- stuff like Death, Petrify, and knockback to name a few.  I forget the exact list.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Zozma

also obviously invitation i would have to assume

Jon

Thanks for your replies! But does anyone know if the timer does reach 0 and the unit doesn't crystalfy/treasure box dropify, can they still be revived in that battle?

Zozma

yes, unless they are immune. but still, undeads will not always revive either, they still have that % chance of crystal or treasure as well with that missing, it just skips their turn that time around. Its kind of like TO with the undeads where they randomly get back up, or dont

Jon

Thanks Z! That example of TO you gave brings back bad memories at a certain river in the GBA game...Now if only there was a way of getting rid all together of the little stars and countdown timer...which there isn't...unless asmers did something...

Zozma

Lol yeah i always keep a few characters with Exorcism just for that stupid river. i hate that river but it certainly makes having eleanor worth it., my favorite thing about TO GBA was Margret, with or without Atropos, she was great. I hate it when they waste the coolest character appearing in only one battle.. so i put her in my group after starting a new game lol

Jon

How do you unlock Margret? I didn't know you could get her in your army. I always use Eleanor as a Siren (is that the name of the better Wizard class??). Aww, that game coulda been made just a smidge harder, I think you can literally get through the entire game with the "surround beat down" tactic or have everyone have those 100% hitting spells like Thunderflare. Once you get the first Snapdragon, the game becomes way too easy if you happen to use it. I never do because then there would be no challenge instead of a little challenge. I think this game is SCC-able, maybe I should try that sometime. That should ramp up the challenge to hard mode, haha. Is there a way to hack this game, are there any tools out there for that? Would be fun to make it more challenging. Oh man, I'm rambling.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Magrat isn't unlockable, you gotta hack her on.

On topic: if someone could tell me what statuses immunities immortality grants, then I  could find those immunities.  Maybe.

Xifanie

[attachment=0:3hxrbun5]immortal.png[/attachment:3hxrbun5]
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

that flag is immortality's status protection.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Ah.  But can we make our own characters immortal-flagged in battle, or just enemies/those present in ENTD?