• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Attacking 2 or 3 times with a Gun

Started by Jon, September 07, 2010, 06:38:32 am

Jon

I saw the Attack...attack some more! and I was wondering if it is possible to get guns to shoot about 3 times? I am making a "gun" patch that I would love to inclued some machine guns that hit 3 times, and I need the formula. Any help would be much appreciated! Also, I think I already know how, but it is possible to get an animation similar to Beowulf's Magic Sword animations but with a gun, like using Fira at a nice safe distance by "shooting elemental bullets" kind of deal? Thanks in advance!!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

philsov

QuoteAttack...attack some more!

Huh?

Anyways, to get repeated attacks is sadly screwy with guns (or anything with the WP*WP formula).

How it normally works is that you assign an ability that does a weapon strike with a 25% chance to cast a spell (formula 2?).  You set this 25% chance spell to be itself, which in turn may lead to further procs.  You can also then set weapon(s) to also have this ability proc -- so much that when you use the ability with said flagged weapon, there is a 44% (two 25%'s) chance for an additional strike, which will perpetuate indefinitely until the RNG stops it.  

Or, you can set one ability to be formula 2, with a chance to proc a different ability set to formula 1, so that you then have a 25% chance (44 with a flagged weapon following it up) for a double strike, and then 25's past that because of the flagged weapon, which is more likely to stop at a reasonable number like, say, 2 or 3.  

However, there is a massive bug when using formula's 1, 2, and 5 (anything with "weapon strike" that also does WP*WP), where you can continually reslect the target and ramp up the damage to 999, so unless you change their formula or you're talking about something completely different, you're SOL.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Jon

Okay thanks Philsov, I guess I'll work on something else then. Thats too bad, but I wondered why there weren't any shooting versions loaded with machine guns and the like.

VampragonLord

i actually made one but it was a skill <.< saigas used it when he was testing out my patch, was quite fun to watch, it went off 8 times i think o.o I just used rafas skill then changed it to weapon strike etc etc. Though that was in a much more controlled environment. i dont think it would be balanced in an actual normal game
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Zozma

theres also the hydra's formula (which i think always hits a specific number of times?) for triple thunder and triple flame, but then again its probly magic based...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Pride

You can set it to use the Hydra's formula and its MA based but you cannot set the x value via the Patcher on weapons. I think... You could potentially change what spells the magic guns call to a new spell using the hydra formula. FFM also has a hack that changes the multihit formula but it affects all of them (truth, untruth, and hydra)
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Jon

Maybe I could make the "8 hitting" gun but for pathetic damage, I'll think about it. Thanks for all the info!

Zozma

multi hit with weapons is buggy, the first weapon strick looks normal but after that the unit just throws punches... anyone know how to get around that?

Cloud13

Zozma is right. The unit throws punches after the weapon strike. any updates on how to fix it? I am creating a skill called "blade dance" that has multiple hits but I am still having problems about it.

Cloud13

wow nice vid! :) but i thought of using the formula of thunder bracelet. can someone teach me how to fix the animation?

Zozma

i cant watch it, can you sum up what the vid demonstrates?

Jon

^ Likewise for me. My internet is way too slow. Is it like Holy Bracelet concentrated on one tile hitting like 5 times or something??

Cloud13

yes. but it is buggy. the first hit is good but after that, the unit throws punches.

Archael

Wtf? ^

The video shows crossbow ramza hitting 4 times in one attack, all with crossbow fire animation, except for the last hit cuz i messed a flag up

Jon

I watched it, yeah thats amazing. He only shoots 3 times and then the fourth makes the noise but no animation. How did you do this? Could you please write exactly what you did?

Cloud13

you can use the Holy bracelet formula and change the animation to 07 6E 00. your unit will attack multiple times using the equipped weapon! :) i finally got it!

Jon

Cloud13

my mistake! its still buggy! argh! i thought i figured it out because i equipped a dagger and it looks good. but when i equipped a bow, it is still buggy. sorry for my foolishness.

Cloud13

I think i got it! use the formula 02 which has 25% chance to cast spell as your formula for your custom ability then change it to a weapon strike. In the inflict status of the ability, put there the same value as your custom ability. you can view the value by going to the item tab and view it using the formula 02. example your changing the "seal" ability of the assassin, the value of the ability "seal" is b5 in the chance to cast spell in formula 02. put that value in your custom ability's inflict status. in that way, your custom ability will have a chance to cast itself. you can change the chance % by using orgASM. please tell me if I'm wrong.. :D