• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 02:58:14 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Pokeytax and his Job Wheel

Started by pesmerga001, May 14, 2011, 07:31:59 pm

pesmerga001

Got the spreadsheet working perfectly with OpenOffice and used FFTPatcher for some extra fun, have a couple of more questions though:

1. Rad, is there a Rad2 or something? You were talking about class locks...
2. How about those generics? Whenever I try changing them into unique classes, graphics either get messed up or I get some other persons portrait...
3. Is there a way to make it so the Job Wheel graphics for say like the Rune/Lune Knight or Arc Knight don't get messed up? Guess I could take 16Mustadio and replace his graphics and
    let 22Mustadio join instead...but was just wondering if there is another way around this...

Thank you for all your help.

pokeytax

May 14, 2011, 07:33:46 pm #1 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:38:11 pm by pokeytax
If you look further down in the thread, there is a "RAD 2.xls". I forgot to remove the old one, which is probably what you have - thanks for the reminder to delete all instances of RAD.xls.
  • Modding version: PSX

pesmerga001

May 15, 2011, 01:16:06 am #2 Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:59:53 am by pesmerga001
Sorry but I have some problems with RAD2....

I can get it up fine in FFTorgASM as long as I dont make any changes, but if i try to change either sprite it doesnt wanna show up in FFTorgASM....
Would you happen to know whats up with this?

Edit:

I can add new ones just fine but if I try changing the 3 you put in then it doesnt wanna load...

Second edit:

Got it down to changing formation portrait, it doesnt wanna load in FFTorgASM if you use Olan face, other unique and generic works though...

Third edit:
Added several other classes and uniques, works fine. Tried adding another line with Olan, crashes/won't show up in FFTorgASM.

pokeytax

It might not like faces that aren't even numbers in the portrait table. It's still a work in progress. I have an idea for a clean solution but I've been busy lately; at some point I plan to clean it up though.
  • Modding version: PSX

pesmerga001

I have been trying out RAD and RAD2 for a couple of days now, they are awesome btw, great job!

Also notcied that RAD is more stable when it comes to graphical glitches, RAD2 seems to have problems when you put in unique job classes and want to have unique sprites, then it glitches, RAD does not seem to have this problem....but again, great job :)