• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:43:07 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grim Grimoire Beta 0.7- Last Updated: 2/25/16

Started by Eternal, February 12, 2013, 01:48:41 am

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 17, 2018, 03:39:37 am
Technically I can add a add unit feature to the formation editor, but there isn't much space in the rom for new units so you'd have to delete some to make room. We also don't know what dictates which and where the units are placed.

If you look at the brightmoon tor formations, you can actually see that there is more units than are actually in the fight. Another one is the 'Of a feather' where Redhawk can randomly appear.

Apparently editing the 'faction?' byte can actually place units out of bounds or break scripts where units teleport in or start them off with debuffs.

Ah i see, well thank you for the reply.

I guess it's just best to mess with the current enemy unit formations we have then, at least we can go full steam with editing thier loadouts and such without touching the "faction?" part then.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

Blue Mage Fanatic

Hello!

I'm incredibly impressed and thankful that you, and most everyone else in this thread have dedicated such a tremendous amount of time and effort in bringing this mod to v1.0!

If you're still trying to come up with ideas for Adelle's Heritor Job, might I suggest borrowing abilities from Bravely Default and Second (such as Phoenix Flight) for her to utilize? There's a vast pool of abilities across those two games alone to draw inspiration from for her, and other jobs you're reworking, to toy around with. :D

If possible, you could also give her a Support Ability to supplement the "high risk vs high reward" concept you me tioned using for her.

Last Stand - Greatly boosts Atk and Mag when in critical condition

or something like that.

I hope I was able to help, and that further work on the mod (and in your personal life) go smoothly! :)

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 01:38:07 am
If possible, you could also give her a Support Ability to supplement the "high risk vs high reward" concept you me tioned using for her.

Last Stand - Greatly boosts Atk and Mag when in critical condition

I don't think there's a way to edit reaction and passive abilities as of right now..., only action abilities...

Also hello and welcome to the forums, hopefully you find everything here to your liking.  :D

Blue Mage Fanatic

ah, that's a shame.  :(
then perhaps she could have hefty HP Costs for her abilities, forcing players to decide to blast through enemies and risk her being easily picked off by the enemy, or save them for certain conditions to optimize the damage dealt vs her HP loss (such as kiting enemies to get more targets in her Line-Reaching Lennart ability)

and thank you for the warm welcome! :D

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 09:53:01 am
ah, that's a shame.  :(
then perhaps she could have hefty HP Costs for her abilities, forcing players to decide to blast through enemies and risk her being easily picked off by the enemy, or save them for certain conditions to optimize the damage dealt vs her HP loss (such as kiting enemies to get more targets in her Line-Reaching Lennart ability)

and thank you for the warm welcome! :D

Yeah i wish Reaction and Passive abilities were editable, i'd probably edit all the empty slots there is within that section the rom has in Hex editing, and it's very possible to have abilities to do damage based on HP loss, she has one in vanilla FFTA2 i think, and you're welcome.

Blue Mage Fanatic

I had forgotten about Viola haha
though i do recall it having rather atrocious accuracy ratings, somewhere around 25% hit rate.

having the hefty HP costs on most of Adelle's Heritor abilities would make Viola much more useful, however Viola would need a sizeable buff in accuracy- possibly around base 75% accuracy- to be worth using over simply healing Adelle.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 10:15:21 am
I had forgotten about Viola haha
though i do recall it having rather atrocious accuracy ratings, somewhere around 25% hit rate.

having the hefty HP costs on most of Adelle's Heritor abilities would make Viola much more useful, however Viola would need a sizeable buff in accuracy- possibly around base 75% accuracy- to be worth using over simply healing Adelle.

Yeah the accuracy for Viola was terrible, however the editors and hex can only edit the accuracy values from 25%, 50%, normal, x2 of normal, and using the passive ability "Concentration" only raises the accuracy about like 2-5%, which is mediocre....

Blue Mage Fanatic

oof. well, a ~50% hit rate is certainly much more reliable than a ~25% hit rate. If Eternal wants Adelle to be another high risk high reward unit, then Adelle will greatly appreciate every % boost she can get for Viola.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 10:26:42 am
oof. well, a ~50% hit rate is certainly much more reliable than a ~25% hit rate. If Eternal wants Adelle to be another high risk high reward unit, then Adelle will greatly appreciate every % boost she can get for Viola.

Yeah that would be nice, however that's just for normal accuracy though, debuff accuracy has it's own % chances like if it had "x1 debuff" to an enemy, it'll rely on that enemies "Resilience" stat and each enemy for that stat varies differently based on jobs they have on (Monsters also have jobs as well, heh), so Viola could in theory be more accurate or less accurate on enemies using the "x1 debuff" accuracy modifier, it could make the ability more on ultilty to get rid of enemies that would be weak to it, or be useless to enemies that are resistant to it, and Resilience can be increased or lowered to change the accuracy rating similar to accuracy with "Evasion".

So pretty much Eternal has a lot of interesting ways he can make Adelle's job unique in a sense. :)

Blue Mage Fanatic

that's very interesting! (and good to know for when I might eventually start making mods of my own haha)
Little details like that certainly gives Eternal a good number of ways to make Adelle shine like the special snowflake she is XD

by the by, how would one go about patching these mods onto clean roms on mobile? my previous attempts at rom patching used a couple different apps and using a Chr*no Tr-gger mod and resulted in very obscure glitches, such as having near maximum defense value at Lv.1 and being unable to hit enemies with normal attacks.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 10:41:37 am
that's very interesting! (and good to know for when I might eventually start making mods of my own haha)
Little details like that certainly gives Eternal a good number of ways to make Adelle shine like the special snowflake she is XD

by the by, how would one go about patching these mods onto clean roms on mobile? my previous attempts at rom patching used a couple different apps and using a Chr*no Tr-gger mod and resulted in very obscure glitches, such as having near maximum defense value at Lv.1 and being unable to hit enemies with normal attacks.

Sadly i don't know anything about patching roms on Mobile, sorry.
There are some members here that do i think.

Blue Mage Fanatic

It's okay :)
I can probably work around it by patching it on my PC, then transfer it to my mobile's SD card.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 11:08:18 am
I can probably work around it by patching it on my PC, then transfer it to my mobile's SD card.

:0 I'm thinking of doing the same thing but for a r4i to play my FFTA2 mod on my 3DS since i don't get the same enjoyment from Vanilla FFTA2 as much i did before, heh....

Blue Mage Fanatic

hrmm... I've been trying to patch Eternal's beta of FFTA to get a feel for tsukuyomi before tackling FFTA2, but it keeps failing to patch. something about the checksum being invalid :? I'm not sure what's going wrong, seeing as i made a clean copy of my FFTA rom file. Plus his rom is invisible to other rom patchers, such as Lunar.Ips, so I'm at a loss of how to patch it in.

R000ster

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 11:08:18 am

Mobile-only user here, I use an application called "Unipatcher". Simple to use, you just designate the rom file, patch you want to apply, and what you want the resulting file to be called. Should be free on Google Play store, I can't speak for Apple unfortunately.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 11:58:58 am
hrmm... I've been trying to patch Eternal's beta of FFTA to get a feel for tsukuyomi before tackling FFTA2, but it keeps failing to patch. something about the checksum being invalid :? I'm not sure what's going wrong, seeing as i made a clean copy of my FFTA rom file. Plus his rom is invisible to other rom patchers, such as Lunar.Ips, so I'm at a loss of how to patch it in.

Not sure about that, but i've sent you a PM for something, hopefully that works.

Blue Mage Fanatic

@R000ster thank you for directing me to UniPatcher! however when I try to patch FFTA2-GG onto a clean file of FFTA2, it says the rom file is incompatible and should be "unpacked in an external program." What does this mean and how do I solve it?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 12:53:09 pm
@R000ster thank you for directing me to UniPatcher! however when I try to patch FFTA2-GG onto a clean file of FFTA2, it says the rom file is incompatible and should be "unpacked in an external program." What does this mean and how do I solve it?

Oh you meant FFTA2, disregard the PM then, you have to use a USA rom of FFTA2, i'm not sure what you mean by "external program" since i can patch FFTA2 GG just fine, although i didn't use Lunar ips.

Blue Mage Fanatic

The PM was super helpful, anyhow. thank you for it :)

I don't get what it means by that either, since that what it says in a pop-up window it makes whenever i select the FFTA2 Rom file :?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Blue Mage Fanatic on May 19, 2018, 12:59:12 pm
The PM was super helpful, anyhow. thank you for it :)

I don't get what it means by that either, since that what it says in a pop-up window it makes whenever i select the FFTA2 Rom file :?

Ah, you're welcome.

Also for the GG patch, i used NUPS to patch Eternal's GG to my clean FFTA2 rom, hopefully that helps, if you still get the same problem than it's most likely the rom then...