• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:26:24 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

kouramas awesome old guide for some basic knolledge

Started by trickstardude7, August 23, 2008, 05:34:06 pm

trickstardude7

August 23, 2008, 05:34:06 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Okay this is very old but its been helping me out alot and this is all kouramas guide of which he posted from the sigma patch to help me out and i just thought it would help out some psp users i have been doing this for a year and its worked fine for me sooo

QuoteBasically to play FFT off of your PSP all you need to do is create/download and ISO of the game and then copy it to the appropriate folder. The PSX version takes a little more work though.

PSP Version

If you have the UMD download USB Special Storage System linked below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/22703347/USBSSS.rar

With this program you can rip any ISO straight from the UMD. All instructions should be in the readme file.

After that just take put the file into a folder and name it whatever you want (FFT, FFTactics, etc.) then create a folder in the root of your PSP called ISO's and put the folder you just named into that ISO folder.

By the way after you have the ISO ripped you can apply any changes with the FFT Patcher.

PSX Version

The PSX version is a bit more tricky. You first need to download the game or rip the game from your own copy of it using a program that creates ISO's. ISO producer works well link to it is below.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Too ... ucer.shtml

Once you have the ISO made you need another program to convert it into a format read by the PSP. For that you need to use Popstation Gui. The link is below.

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/downlo ... oad&did=24

This program converts and compresses the ISO you made into an EBOOT file readable by the PSP. By the way with this file you can also customize EBOOT so that when you finally put the game on your PSP the pictures you see while selection it are whatever you customized them to be.

Anyway once you create your EBOOT, put the EBOOT in a new folder named whatever you want (i.e. FFT, FF Tactics, etc.). After that put your newly created folder in the GAME folder on your PSP.

So it would be your Root folder (i.e. Removable disk E: or F: ... or whichever one it is ---> PSP folder ---> GAME folder. Once you copy the folder with EBOOT there you can start playing the game.

Last note though, I'm not sure if you can use FFT Patcher to customize the PSX version after you change it into an EBOOT. I used to always customize the regular ISO first then change it. Once the new versions of FFT Patcher came out I didn't bother with the PSX version anymore and went straight the PSP version so if you find out the answer this please post it here.

Any directions you need for the programs should be in the readme files that come with each respective program.

Tersius

August 25, 2008, 03:29:05 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tersius
If you have custom firmware on your computer, you don't need that program to rip UMDs.  Just press select and there is an option to direct the USB connection to the UMD drive instead of your memory stick.  When you toggle that and enable USB connection it's as simple as copy->paste to rip the iso.

trickstardude7

August 25, 2008, 05:33:50 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Quote from: "Tersius"If you have custom firmware on your computer, you don't need that program to rip UMDs.  Just press select and there is an option to direct the USB connection to the UMD drive instead of your memory stick.  When you toggle that and enable USB connection it's as simple as copy->paste to rip the iso.
yeah there is but thats not safe i believe it can burn out the thing that reads umd's

soapygrinda

September 02, 2008, 06:18:00 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by soapygrinda
i did was terisius said, i hit select chose my UMD and i went to USB mode i extracted my FFT to my comp, but im not sure what to do next, i went back and change my USB to direct itself to my memory stick, i then copy and pasted what i just got into my PSP>GAME> folder but it says the file is corrupt, is that what im suposed to be doing?

gojoe

September 02, 2008, 09:51:17 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
you need to makea folder in root of stick called ISO put it there also no ripping umds will not burn out drive in fact you work it more playing a game than ripping
I never learn from my mistakes.

Kourama

September 03, 2008, 07:02:43 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I'm glad someone got some use out of the mini-guide I made.

Quote from: "Tersius"If you have custom firmware on your computer, you don't need that program to rip UMDs.  Just press select and there is an option to direct the USB connection to the UMD drive instead of your memory stick.  When you toggle that and enable USB connection it's as simple as copy->paste to rip the iso.

As for the above yeah Tersius is right. This is a better way of doing it, much easier than using that other program.