• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:36:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Lion War of the Lions 1.02 - DOWNLOAD HERE!!

Started by 3lric, September 18, 2022, 05:10:43 pm

3lric

September 18, 2022, 05:10:43 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 12:06:43 am by Nyzer

The Lion War of the Lions 1.02

Welcome back fellow Hackticians! The time has finally come to release The Lion War of the Lions 1.0! This comes with all the benefits of the most current TLW, but includes all the WotL dialogue, names, menus, descriptions, chapter title images and more.

This has been a long time coming and we want to thank you all for your patience, I loath the WotL script so this was not an easy swallow for me to make! For sake of consistency and for those who have not played TLW, I will keep most of this thread the same as the normal TLW thread, so that all changes are still listed.

We know you will love all the new additions as much as we did creating them. The modding resources and full changelog will be released soon.
Enjoy!
-The Lion War Team

WotL Event Ports
All events have been ported over from WotL and use the dialogue from WotL.
Full list of added events below.

Rendezvous Introduction
Wiegraf speaks to Rofel
Delita Battle w/ Ovelia at Falls (Battle)
Delita Battle 2 (Battle)
Delita & Ovelia Chat
Undead Algus Battle (Battle)
Kletian vs. Meliadoul
Agrias & Ovelia Reunion
Reis Kidnapped
Aliste Battle (Battle)
Bremondt Battle (Battle)
Agrias Birthday
Reis Rescued
Hokuten Battle (Battle)

New Events
In addition to the events ported from WotL, we needed to create some new events in some cases. Such as the Ashley Riot battle and post battle, or re-creating the Balthier cutscene as a prebattle event.
You can see a full list of new events below.

Ashley / Luso Battle (Battle)
Ashley / Luso Post-Battle
Balthier Battle (Battle + Balthier and Ramza talk)
Balthier Post-Battle
Credits Event
New Game + Event*
Treasure Selector**

Rendezvous
If, like many, you never got to play the multiplayer content in WotL, now you have your chance! Newly included in TLW 2.0 are the Rendezvous missions in a single player format. Once unlocked these can be accessed from the Bonus Content menu in the Brave Story menu.
Due to sprite limitations, some enemies many not appear until a condition (usually killing another enemy) is met.
However this does help to combat the fact that you will never have 6 units or 2 Orlandus, 2 Reis, etc, as you would have had access to in WotL.

-No enemies can be invited in Rendezvous missions
-All stats and items are retained
-Losing results in Game Over
Chocobo DefenseChapter 1 - After Family Meeting
Chicken RaceChapter 2 - Start
Treasure HuntChapter 2 - Start
TeiohChapter 2 - After Zaland
Lost HeirloomChapter 2 - After Goug
The FeteChapter 3 - Start
Desert MinefieldChapter 3 - After Underground Book Strorage
LitteringChapter 3 - After Rescue Rafa
Shades of the PastChapter 4 - Start
The Shrine KnightsChapter 4 - After Rescue Orlandu
All-Star MeleeChapter 4 - Before Final Battle Series
The Guarded TempleActivated in New Game +
NightmaresActivated in New Game +
Brave StoryActivated in New Game +
An Ill WindActivated in New Game +

Custom Rendezvous
Because we had so much 'fun' porting over the Rendezvous missions, we decided to try our hand at creating a few of our own. Upon completion of the game, you will also unlock the following Rendezvous.

Be A BetaActivated Rendezvous Introduction
Mirror Match   Activated in New Game +
Of VagrantsActivated in New Game +

Treasure Wheel
In WotL there was a 'treasure wheel' that you'd get rewards from at the end of every Rendezvous battle. Nyzer custom built a completely new type of treasure wheel for TLW 2.0. You can see a video of it in action HERE
Given the complexity of this event, he was kind enough to write an explanation below.

Treasure Wheel Mechanics
========================

1: Basics
--------------

The player will get to play the Treasure Wheel after every Rendezvous. Each Rendezvous has its own specific loot table (though Rendezvous that all unlock at the same time share the same loot tables). There are four categories of chests, each of which will have three chests: Weapons, Armor, Accessories, and Consumables.

Weapons, Armor, and Accessories will all award gear roughly near what the player's shop progression would have had at the time the Rendezvous unlocked.

Consumables, however, are really underwhelming - in testing, everyone wanted to avoid them. So the only Chemist Items in the Consumables chests are Elixirs, which are in every Rendezvous' loot table. However, you can also find other kinds of consumables - specifically, ninja throwing items such as shuriken, or katana for Samurai. Additionally, Consumables will almost always award multiple of an item, rather than just one.

2: Rare rewards
--------------------------

When the Treasure Wheel starts, there is a chance that one random chest will become a Rare Chest. There's also a small chance upon opening any Common Chest that it will spontaneously transform into a Rare Chest.

How a Rare Chest works changes depending on its color. A Silver Chest will offer treasure based on the next Rendezvous' loot table, whereas Gold Chests offer Rare treasure from the endgame that cannot be found in any common treasure sets.

Whether the player will find Gold or Silver chests depends on which Rendezvous they can do. Rare treasure will only be Silver until reaching Chapter 4, at which point it all becomes Gold. You can tell what kind of rares you'll get by the background and the music in the event - a silver background means you'll get Silver rares, and a golden background means you'll get Gold rares.

As well, once the player unlocks Gold Treasure Wheels, they will have the option to press Triangle to attempt to force a Common Chest to become a Gold Chest. Each attempt costs 25,000 gil. If an attempt fails, the odds of having the next attempt succeed are doubled.

3: Treasure scaling
-------------------------------

There are two ways that older Rendezvous' Treasure Wheels are set to scale up to be useful to the player. The first is how Common Consumables are altered, and the second is how Rare Treasures are.

Common Consumables from older Rendezvous will no longer have katanas or ninja items. Instead, they will give the player a random amount of 1-10 Elixirs.

Rare Treasures will also scale up until after the start of Chapter 4. Until that point, a Rare in an older Treasure Wheel will be the same as the Rares in your current newest Treasure Wheel. So if you're in Chapter 3, and have just unlocked Desert Minefield, getting a Rare Treasure from Chapter 2's Chicken Race will give you loot from Chapter 3's Littering, just as a Rare in Desert Minefield would.

However, Rare Treasures will no longer scale up beyond the rare loot found in Chapter 4's Shades of the Past. Sorry, but you won't be seeing any Excaliburs from Chocobo Defense!

4: Number of chests
----------------------------------

In most Treasure Wheels, the player will only be able to open three chests. However, doing a battle series, such as Shrine Knights or Bravestory, will allow the player to open more chests, as well as increasing the chances of getting a Rare Chest at the start of the Wheel, and the chances of finding a Rare Treasure from any Common Chest.

5: End
----------

And that's that! Hopefully that helps you understand how the Treasure Wheel works. I did my best to make it feel like an engaging experience that gives the player enough control to avoid feeling like they're totally at the mercy of the RNG, without any one treasure category feeling worthless, and that every go at the Treasure Wheel feels worth your time without being ridiculously overpowered.

Now get out there and enjoy The Lion War!

Sounds Novels
Propositions [Errands] in Final Fantasy Tactics sometimes gave you unique prizes, which have no battle effect. Four of these prizes could be opened and revealed small games, the sound novels. The sound novels were not translated in the original US PSX release, nor in any subsequent releases of the game. They have a lot of text to translate.
Three of the four novel are playable in English in TLW 2.0. We are still looking for a translator for the last novel (not google translate).
Soon

Misc
Of course the bulk of TLW couldn't all fit into the above categories.
You can find a list of other changes TLW 2.0 makes, down below.
-Add Ashley Riot instead of Luso
-Add Dark Knight as a Generic Class
-Facts re-named to Bonus Content
-Roster size increased from 16 to 20
-Glain's Bench hack added to allow benching up to 10 units
-260 free event slots (compared to vanilla's 0)
-Completely re-organized ENTDs
-Update to FFTP newest version, no more FFTP .457 for tactext
-Item Attribute, Status Infliction, Job, Skillset and Sprite consolidation
-ENTDs rearranged in proper game over
-UWEntries added into FFTP, so 1 less sheet to edit
-Same as above for the Altima movement abilities
-Conditions updated to the new condition sheet structure, much easier if you are scared of hex
-Guest equipment is given as battle rewards in or around the time they leave your party

Other Changes from TLW to TLWotL
There were many things that had to be changed or adjusted to build TLWotL on top of TLW. Below are the bulk of those changes.
- Elmdor has maintenance
- Aliste has maintenance and rewards with a Genji Armor instead of Ribbon
- Bremondt rewards with a Zeus Mace instead of Ribbon
- Worldmap Town names have been updated
- Event, Bar, Soldier Office, Shop dialogue all updated to WotL
- All Chronicles/Bravestory sections updated to WotL
- WotL Rumors, Bios, Propositions, & other Chronicle dialogue has been justified
- Character, Ability, Job & Skillset names updated to WotL
- Skill JP Cost, Ticks and otherwise, updated to WotL
- Character growths updated to WotL
- Game now runs on Zodiac Calendar
- Game serial changed from TLW2_942.21 to TLWL_942.21
- Fixed Oil
- Mighty Sword can now damage monster and naked units
- Disables JP Scroll Glitch & Item Dupe Glitch
- Alazlam speech edited to mirror WotL
- Status names and character stat cards updated to WotL (Brave->Bravery) (At->ATK) etc
- Item stats icons updated to WotL (2H/1H)
- Anything else having to do with dialogue or words updated to WotL

NOTE: The tutorial is still vanilla due to the fact that no one uses it. It still works, just won't have anything updated outside of the Tutorial names themselves.
NOTE: Some shop or tavern dialogue may have been shortened in one way or another to make it fit.

NOTE:
-TLWotL 1.0 is not to be uploaded to any site outside of FFH without permission. Any use of TLWotL requires proper credits given where due.
-TLW will absolutely NOT work on TLWotL or vice versa!

You can also find the FAQs here and the bug reports here.
  • Modding version: PSX

Paupau92

Hello. I would just like to say that I am really excited to try out this game as I have missed out on the rendezvous missions way back when i played the original WotL on the psp. Thank you for making single player possible!

If I could ask one thing though, are the multiplayer items available in this mod?
  • Modding version: WotL

King_Goblyn

Will this work on my PSX ODE? If I load it up? Or is this just for use with a PS1 Emulator on PC?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: King_Goblyn on January 30, 2024, 11:36:03 amWill this work on my PSX ODE? If I load it up? Or is this just for use with a PS1 Emulator on PC?

Works fine on PSIO and Xstation

Behemoth_

February 26, 2024, 05:50:17 am #5 Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 06:31:56 am by Behemoth_
Hi, I'm having a real problem with this mod. This is the first time I've modded a game before. I've gone through the process correctly - patched the mod to a clean rom and uploaded it to the steam deck. It loads fine but the problem is that all the characters are about 5 spaces off where they should be. The shadows are in the right place but the characters are not. I thought this might be a glitch in the opening sequence (with the princesss and gafarrion) but once the battle commences, the same problem persists- characters in the wrong place, some of them floating. I cant seem to find anyone else having this problem so is it something i did or is it a simple fix? Sorry if this is a little confusing to understand i can upload some pictures if you like.

Sorry about the terrible picture upload, i'll only do one because clearly i am useless with technology. IMG_0835.pngIMG_0835.png

Pacmac

March 05, 2024, 01:59:02 am #6 Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 12:46:42 pm by Pacmac Reason: resolved issue
Quote from: Behemoth_ on February 26, 2024, 05:50:17 amHi, I'm having a real problem with this mod. This is the first time I've modded a game before. I've gone through the process correctly - patched the mod to a clean rom and uploaded it to the steam deck. It loads fine but the problem is that all the characters are about 5 spaces off where they should be. The shadows are in the right place but the characters are not. I thought this might be a glitch in the opening sequence (with the princesss and gafarrion) but once the battle commences, the same problem persists- characters in the wrong place, some of them floating. I cant seem to find anyone else having this problem so is it something i did or is it a simple fix? Sorry if this is a little confusing to understand i can upload some pictures if you like.

Sorry about the terrible picture upload, i'll only do one because clearly i am useless with technology.

i think it has to do with the 16:9 format, change to 4:3 and see if it still persists.

Edit: I'm running on duckstation and ran into same issue but resolved it by unticking "widescreen rendering" and managed to keep the 16:9 format

Leomillia

Guys, I tested this mod on my Nintendo Wii using the Wiistation emulator. It works 100% so far. Thank you very much!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: Leomillia on March 21, 2024, 09:44:23 pmGuys, I tested this mod on my Nintendo Wii using the Wiistation emulator. It works 100% so far. Thank you very much!

Thank you for the report. I love that that emulator is still going strong. I used it and a classic controller pro to play the PS1 version of Diablo to completion years ago. No, I don't have a good reason for why one would do that either.