• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 07:20:35 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Wolfran's Sprites: Testing some stuffs

Started by Wolfran, March 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm

mav

You know what else, the boots on the forward and rear facing frames doesn't quite look right yet. The design looks bizarre on the first frame.

Kagebunji

Yeah boots are a bit strange-looking, try something other, choice is yours
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tigerspike

I think the sprite looks good, although the boots seem strange from behind...kinda like he's on his tippy-toes.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Wolfran

After a week finally I have an advance with this sprite and here there is...[attachment=0:1avm9s0b]wk.8.bmp[/attachment:1avm9s0b]
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

mav

What's going on with the head on the rear diagonal sprite?

jimmyjw88

Yeah, that left part of his helmet shouldn't go too much to the right. Move to left a few pixels.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Wolfran

Thanks Jimmy, that is very helpful :D

Wolfran

[attachment=0:16runx0e]wk.8.bmp[/attachment:16runx0e]

Kagebunji

It is flat now, add more shades, and eye of Wolf helmet was better in previous version.

Wolfran

[attachment=0:dud6f0h4]wk.8.bmp[/attachment:dud6f0h4]

Wolfran

There is more shade in the helmet[attachment=0:2zdqh9jv]wk.8.bmp[/attachment:2zdqh9jv]

Cheetah

I would recomment looking at the monk for how to help shape the pants for the rear and front view. It might be a bit tricky since you will need to remove the armor flaps in all the animations, but the monk should be a perfect reference. This is looking quite good.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Sorry but you did not change what I pointed. The head is looking weird because of the helmet which is because of the pointy / spikes part of the helmet are too much to the right. So, you can't see the back of the helmet.
Also, Kage is right. Change back the helmet's eye.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Take a look at the male or female Lancers and modify the ear length till the helmet shape looks a little less jagged.

Wolfran

What about now :?:  [attachment=0:2m837qfi]wk.8.bmp[/attachment:2m837qfi]

Kagebunji

It looks better, but in need more dark shades in back of helm, it looks too flat right now and make silver trim looks strange.

jimmyjw88

Yes, I see only second shade of gray. For the left trim, I suggest just a line down rather than showing spikes as it'll make the helmet looks sideway. I'll try to get to this if I have time. In the mean time, continue to listen to everyone.

Good luck.

Wolfran

You say Something like this[attachment=0:xnjqwks4]wk.8.bmp[/attachment:xnjqwks4]

jimmyjw88

Give me a day or two. I'm working on it. Sorry for the slow as I don't have chance to continue my work.

Wolfran

Don't worry, I don't have hurry with the sprite  :wink: