• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:27:49 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Can we create custom animations with AI? (or sprites?)

Started by darkskyx, June 12, 2023, 01:10:00 pm

darkskyx

June 12, 2023, 01:10:00 pm Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 05:59:16 pm by darkskyx
Here's a topic about AI and custom animations. Technically it is possible but it is extremely hard to do it. I'll be investigating on this topic and providing more information until the point of being easy, so then I'll make a tutorial about it.
This thing started when I discovered an amazing video that we can apply to FFTactics hackmoding.

Basically I will explain the video:

We can have a custom animation that AI will do for you, if you give AI an example, you can get an skeleton of the model (In minute 4 you can see it). Using this skeleton in "Control Model" panel the AI can finally make an animation of several images: Maximum 25 frames, which I think is enough. You only need normal images but if you have a .GIF you can even try to separate it in frames, that can be done with online tools.
If you are already familiar with how to do AI art in Stable Diffussion you can learn easily how to do it.
We can even use it with actual FFT animations that are inside EVTCHAR.BIN (you can access on Shishi Manager) to have very similar animations from other sprites.

-

I'm trying to make an actual custom animation which will consist in which will consist of: Standing -> AI work -> Kneel down -> AI work -> Dying. I'll let you know in this post how to do it if I finally manage to do it.

Here's another video about it.
In this video it is included something called Frame Interpolation that is the tool used to create more FPS for some videos. This process can allow to create the middle version of animations. I suspect that it would be amazing for very long animations of FFT.

Edit: After some research, the process for doing this doesn't look easy because most of AI art generation are using REAL (3D) images as reference. There is no "skeleton" in 2D so you can't really make it work that way. There are not so many models for 2D and I think there is no good models for 2D classic generation. The images of the video I showed before are 2D, yes... But they are based on 3D images that later get pixelated.

It is possible, don't lose hope either. But I think it would require an entire LoRA of all the animations and sprites of Final Fantasy Tactics. And then, the generation would be easier. I suspect we would be able to create a lot of new spritesheets with just a promp.
LoRA is important because, for AI mode to be 99% similar, it would basically need the context of every image and animation in the game to work. More images equals easier to generate. It wasn't as easy as I though at first. But it will probably be fixed in the future with better 2D ISOMETRIC models.
Making a LoRA it is very difficult, it requires a lot of knowledge. But if some of you are interested, here's a video about it:

I could try to do it myself but I need to train it in a model... and we don't have good pixel models right now. The sprite generation right now looks more promising.
If you are interesed in this topic feel free to DM me. If some people join together I think we can make a good LoRA and animation/sprites would be easier to do.

Edit: I learned how to make a LoRA automatically (easily) and I also know how to make it manually but there's still the issue of that we don't have a good 2D pixel model. I can try to still make a LoRA to give it the FFTactics style, but as the model is not trained with enough pixel data, I think it shouldn't be enough.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

darkskyx

September 12, 2023, 10:50:51 pm #1 Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 12:25:35 am by darkskyx
I suspect this also can be amazing in the map creation aspect. Just look at this! I can see new games using AI art lol. But I'm not sure it if can be used for FFT. An example:
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825