• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP - Bug Reports

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:42:46 pm

Stretch

That's good to know. Maybe you should slow down with your updating, and only release a new version once there are major changes... Starting over from scratch just to play a new patch is tedious.
Yeah, right

Eternal

You don't have to start over. Just use regular saves. The regular saves carry over between versions.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Regular saves carry over, but if she adds special characters, new items or such they might not be available if you don't start from beginning

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Celdia

October 18, 2011, 04:44:10 pm #123 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:46:14 pm by Celdia
I found the error with the item finding. Looks like I couple of my files mixed up and accidentally disabled all traps/items in the main patch and not in the CCP-AI patch. I'll post a fix for it in a few minutes.

Edit: Also, if I didn't update repeatedly followed by long lulls of nothing I wouldn't be me. :P

A note on savestate loading: If you load your state then save to a memory card you should be able to load that memory card save with an updated patch without any problems.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Stretch

October 18, 2011, 09:30:27 pm #124 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:44:58 pm by Stretch
I'd love to use actual saves, but do I actually need a memory card or is there a way to make a virtual memory card and save it to the hard drive? Even if I still had a ps1 memory card, there's no way I can plug it into my computer.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was actually pretty simple to do! I just needed a reason to not use savestates.
Yeah, right

Stretch

October 19, 2011, 12:33:42 am #125 Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:57:22 am by Stretch
Scouring through the Move-Find items in Chapter 1... I found a Bubble Shell in the Wiegraf fight in the far corner. It's a MASSIVE bit of equipment, better than anything you can get for a long time. I found some other good items on other maps, like a Jade Hairpin or a Blazing Armor, but nothing really gamebreaking. Bubble Shell is just a bit too good to be found in Chapter 1.

EDIT: I found a Diamond Circlet too, at the Thieve's Hideout I think. Also a bit much for so early in the game.

In Dorter in Ch 2, I found a Shuriken! Named "..." . I'm looking forward to seeing if I can equip it as a hat or something... but no, the only use is selling it for 25 bucks.
Yeah, right

Celdia

Yeah, you can tell I haven't given the MFI stuff all that much attention yet. As for the not-Shuriken, I'd thought I cleared all of those out already. Oh well. More for the pile.

Stretch

Confused Tacticians can use any of their skills without the necessary status effects. Equip poison resistance, throw a Fairy Dust, and watch them tear the game to shreds.
Yeah, right

Celdia

I approve of this glitch.

Mostly because I have no way to fix it. Confused Berserk units can use skills, too. I'll lump it into that category of random shit.
Beware the confused enemy Tactician. They always have a Mastered skillset.

Stretch

Two small things: when a male Lapidary is dead and facing to the upper right corner, there is a line of pixels floating behind him; it's like the last pixels on his hat loop around behind him. And the last Torero ability is just "..." with a description of "..."
Yeah, right

Celdia

October 19, 2011, 06:44:57 am #130 Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:47:42 am by Celdia
What the fuck, again? I fixed that skill, goddamnit!

That skill should be Terminar.

Quote from: Terminar Description
Perform your greatest feat of skill, striking all
nearby enemies with a single spectacular attack.
Effect:Auto    Effect: 2惻Vertical 3    MP:40

Stretch

If it's any consolation it still works as an ability :P
Yeah, right

Stretch

October 19, 2011, 09:11:45 pm #132 Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:18:09 pm by Stretch
Tactitian's Take High Ground worked for me without Float, only with Transparent Haste and Don't Move.

Also, I just had Meatbone Slash activate on a unit with almost full health, and do normal weapon damage. In other words, a normal counter attack.
Yeah, right

Celdia

What gear did the Meatbone Slash unit have on? I used to have an item that gave Counter as a Reaction when equipped and it may be a holdover from that.

BizzMar

Yep. Take high ground works only with transparent and haste.

My Orlandu counters almost every attack too, I don't know if it helps but he's equiped Holy avenger, Spiked helmet, Freedom armor and Healing band. Non of this items nor the Thunder God descriptions says "Innate counter"...

In your Master guide says "Crown of glory" is War trophy of "Bevernia", and I already made it throught Bervenia volcano and Bervenia free city and still don't get it... and Cursed ring doesn't appear on Master guide :d
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Celdia

October 20, 2011, 04:27:59 am #135 Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:41:15 am by Celdia
Cursed Ring isn't supposed to be an item the player gets anymore. I'll take a look at those items though for Counter. Might be the Healing Band doing the Counter. The Crown of Glory should be earned for defeating Meliadoul at Bervenia Free City. Not sure if that fight ends when she hits critical or not though. May have to bring her to 0 HP to get it.

Edit: Looks like I got Stone Maze Trick and Taking High Ground mixed up in the ARH. Also it does appear that the Healing Band was flagged for innate Counter. I really need to go through all of ALMA sometime and clear every flag even if they already look blank... >_>

RavenOfRazgriz

Celdia, Meliadoul won't give the player a War Trophy.  Any unit that teleports away won't give you one because they're deleted from the map by the Teleport Away Event before the War Trophy routine is run.

Celdia

I'll have to recheck my ENTDs then for those and figure a new way to make the items accessible. Thank you, Raven.

BizzMar

October 20, 2011, 12:11:57 pm #138 Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:20:10 pm by BizzMar
I lost Crown fo glory? D:!

BTW: All enemies, in Gate of Limberry castle can Act even if they have "Don't act" status... Celia, Lede and Apandas... but they still running XD
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Stretch

Healing Band and Freedom Armor are the only two things my counter attacker had in common with BizzMar's.
Yeah, right