• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:06:34 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Please help with patching!

Started by Lionheart, July 25, 2010, 06:42:37 pm

Lionheart

Hello Everyone, for some reason I can't seem to get help on how to patch the Mercenaries patch by LD. I tried looking on here or youtube videos but no luck. Ok from what I got they say to extend the ISO with ShishiSpriteEditor which I did, but what do you after? i tried patching the extended ISO with Mercenaries Patch.ppf using PPF-O-Matic30, but when it try playing the game it just crashes. Obviously these steps are wrong or am doing something not right, please help I can't seem to understand. thanks all  :)

ffta707

Lionheart

Hey ffta707, am using Psx 1.13. I tried to epsxe 1.6 and 1.7, but for some reason I can never get good graphics like the console version so Psx is the closes emulator to the console. thanks

Edit: sorry for getting back later, I thought I didn't have much luck getting the patch to work.

scatttman

mmm maybe u didnt waith till ppf-o-matic complete the progres

ffta707

First, does it run good on an ISO that is not patched. If not, then it may be your PC's CPU choking out. I could not get Call of power or mercenaries to work on PSX 1.13. I have tried, but have not succeeded so it may also help to have epsxe around. Although I have not tried on PSX 1.13, only on older versions. What are your PC's specs. If you have a Pentium 4, you may be in trouble. Unless the regular tactics worked.

Lionheart

@ffta707: My comp specs are:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
3.02 GHz, 2.00 GB of Ram
I can run the game perfectly with not eating more then 10% cpu or so

@scattman: what you mean wait for ppf-o-matic to complete? I waited and it finished, idk what am doing wrong.

Edit: If you guys can tell you're steps on how, I would appreciate the help. thanks

ffta707

Oh, you have an amd duel core... Nice. I think it might be a bug with psx.